Content Update 1.0.4 Video Preview and Stash Tab Bundle Sale!

"
Ward wrote:
Love the new unique,we've truly lacked of wooden uniques and staves,its art is just magnificient,it may not be useful for majority of end game builds but truly improves game of a newbie spellcaster/trapper

That new unique is way, and I mean WAY overpowered. A level 8 trap gives 22% MORE damage, on top of that it's a 7-link. It has 40-50% increased DAMAGE. That's a global modifier. To top it off it has 15-20% increased life and mana. To make things even crazier it's a staff, which means it benefits from the Serpent Stance cluster, one of the only weapon clusters that provide a global bonus, and since the trap eats the reflect... well.. it gets crazy. And just to add a tiny bit more, it has 12% block.

It won't improve the game for newbies, they won't be able to afford it.

Edit: Yeah researched and apparently neither Gnarled Branch nor Corroded Blade can roll 6-sockets. While I find that (extremely) weird, I understand that it explains the balancing of the item. Everything else is still solid though.
Last edited by SinisterGrin on Dec 21, 2013, 8:26:20 AM
yeah, 1chaos is alot of money
"The templar is the perfect choice of an honorable man, a true gentleman.
He is a man of god. His words are true and pure.
Finally, he wears no pants because he has no shame to hide."
Aerthas, 2014
Flameblast here i come
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
"
SinisterGrin wrote:
"
Ward wrote:
Love the new unique,we've truly lacked of wooden uniques and staves,its art is just magnificient,it may not be useful for majority of end game builds but truly improves game of a newbie spellcaster/trapper

That new unique is way, and I mean WAY overpowered. A level 8 trap gives 22% MORE damage, on top of that it's a 7-link. It has 40-50% increased DAMAGE. That's a global modifier. To top it off it has 15-20% increased life and mana. To make things even crazier it's a staff, which means it benefits from the Serpent Stance cluster, one of the only weapon clusters that provide a global bonus, and since the trap eats the reflect... well.. it gets crazy. And just to add a tiny bit more, it has 12% block.

It won't improve the game for newbies, they won't be able to afford it.

from the looks of it, eventhough its a 2h weapon, gnarled branch can only have 3L(it takes up 3 squares in your inventory). so no 7L for you lol.
Last edited by Toki1337 on Dec 21, 2013, 7:40:09 AM
Yeah Gnarled Branch is 3link only which I never even thought of before.. All the other staffs are larger
Flameblast looks awesome! Its cool to see a new mechanic.
Can't wait for the fire skill rebalance. :)
IGN: Scordalia_
flame blast cant be used for totems.

qq
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
Unique staff just opened up so many possibilities for staff trappers.
7L traps mmm

+ the free increased x% life and mana lol.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Dec 21, 2013, 8:09:15 AM
"
Kenzorz wrote:
Unique staff just opened up so many possibilities for staff trappers.
7L traps mmm

+ the free increased x% life and mana lol.

like I said 3-4 posts earlier, gnarled branch only takes up 3squares of inventory space, so this weapon is just a 3Link max.
Edit: Yeah researched and apparently neither Gnarled Branch nor Corroded Blade can roll 6-sockets. While I find that (extremely) weird, I understand that it explains the balancing of the item.
Last edited by SinisterGrin on Dec 21, 2013, 8:26:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info