Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

I'm new is this build good for pvp?
"
SkinnyPuppy wrote:
I'm new is this build good for pvp?

No. It is very easy to be kited, it doesn't have enough damage mitigation and it can't deal with high block/evasion.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Okay, Bars.

You talked me into it.

Going to try a Wand version of my life/evasion/ES/aura build for the new league.

I went the long way in a couple of places to set myself up next to the big stat nodes in case needed for item requirements.

Bandits: Oak, Oak, Alira?

At ~80, here's what I'd gain/lose compared to Bows, according to the offline calculator:

Spoiler
-10 Strength
+69 Dexterity
-19 Intelligence

-15 Maximum Life
+18% Maximum Life

-15 Maximum Mana
+8% Maximum Mana
+20% Mana Regeneration

-45% Critical Strike Chance

+8% Attack Speed
+138 Accuracy Rating
+6% Accuracy Rating

+20% Projectile Speed
-9% Projectile Damage
-62% Physical Damage

+56% Evasion Rating
+19% Block Chance
-4% Energy Shield
-7% Movement Speed

+1% Life Regeneration
+20% Mana Recovery from Flasks
+30% Block and Stun Recovery
+30% Stun Avoidance

-4% Evasion per Frenzy Charge
-50% Projectile Evade
-40% Chill Avoidance
-40% Freeze Avoidance
-15% Elemental Status Ailment Avoidance

(Perfect Harbinger Bow = 9.5%)
Last edited by feyith on Mar 9, 2014, 1:35:37 AM
"
LeMing wrote:

PROS:
• 85% chance to crit without any power node

Do you also mean without diamond flask, or with it?

How high crit chance ppl have gotten with 11-12% crit wands without diamond flask? I'm wondering should I help Alira or not, do I really need the 5th power charge if the end game crit chance is already capped with 4 or even 3 power charges, or is it?

I'm following my EB+AA+MoM variation if this build in Ambush, interesting to see how it goes compared to my Danmaku.

Best regards,

Legis
Last edited by Legisactio on Mar 9, 2014, 9:43:00 AM
"
feyith wrote:
Okay, Bars.

You talked me into it.

Going to try a Wand version of my life/evasion/ES/aura build for the new league.

You won't regret it :) It's a particularly good idea for a fresh league cause it's super easy to get a 10% crit chance wand, you can even buy one from the vendor and alter it till you get it. High crit chance bows are usually very hard to get.

Bandits: +40% hp and +1 power charge strongly recommended, in Cruel a skill point wouldn't be bad either. Phys damage not bad at all as a second option, I wouldn't get the attack speed cause more att speed = more mana expenditure = higher level clarity on life needed, and attack speed will be great as is.

"
Legisactio wrote:
"
LeMing wrote:

PROS:
• 85% chance to crit without any power node

Do you also mean without diamond flask, or with it?

How high crit chance ppl have gotten with 11-12% crit wands without diamond flask? I'm wondering should I help Alira or not, do I really need the 5th power charge if the end game crit chance is already capped with 4 or even 3 power charges, or is it?

I'm following my EB+AA+MoM variation if this build in Ambush, interesting to see how it goes compared to my Danmaku.

Best regards,

Legis

Do the math, man. Off the top of my head, the passive tree gives you something like +450% crit chance (might be more or less depending on some slight variations in your passive choice), that means you'll have 55% unbuffed crit chance with a 10% base crit wand, add in two diamond rings and it will be ~60%, if you have Maligaro's or Rat's Nest it will be ~65% (I don't recommend using both, super squishy and really difficult to get life/resists).

Therefore, with 4 power charges, 2 diamond rings (without additional crit bonuses on them, only the implicit modifiers) and either Maligaro or Rat's Nest, you will have around 85% crit chance. With 5 charges, it will be ~90.

TLDR: 5 charges will always be better than 4 unless you have some ridiculous +crit chance bonuses from gear, like two +60% total crit chance diamond rings and a crit amulet AND Rat's Nest plus Maligaro's Virtuosity. And I really don't see how you can max your resists or get decent life with such gear unless you have absurdly good rares in all slots.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 9, 2014, 11:16:26 AM
you'd want the power charges anyways for EK, and so you won't be forced to go all crit on gear, and be able to gear defensively instead. it's not easy trying to cap res with 2 unis and 2 nonres base rings
1 Power Charge = 50% Critical Strike Chance = 3 points worth of smaller nodes you can take back and spend on other stuff or wear resist/life gear instead of glass cannon fodder. :)

Plus as someone else already mentioned, you want the Power Charges anyway for skills like Cold Snap.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 9, 2014, 7:46:51 PM
is marylene's fallacy worth using
"
asdf54321 wrote:
is marylene's fallacy worth using

Let's assume your Barrage's crit chance is capped. Marylene's will lower it to ~90%. This means EK will have ~45% crit chance (cause it's base crit is twice lower than a wand's). Let's assume it does 1000 damage and you have no other bonus crit multipliers for ease of calculation:

A) 45% of the EK spells will deal 1000 * [1.5 (base crit multiplier) + 1.5 (bonus multiplier from Marylene's)] = 3000 dmg.

B) 55% of the EK spells will deal only 250 damage.

Average damage of EK with Marylene's: 45*A + 55*B / 100 = 1487.5

Without Marylene's:

A) 45% of EK hits will crit for 1500 dmg.

B) 55% of EK hits will deal normal hits for 1000 dmg.

Average damage of EK without Marylene's = 45*A + 55*B / 100 = 1225

So, if you have capped crit, Marylene's will provide roughly 20% more overall damage.

However, it has significant drawbacks:
- it gives no life or resists and getting good life and resists with this build is difficult enough as it is. The only non-defensive items I'm using with my Shadow are Voll's Protector and Maligaro's Virtuosity and I still barely managed to max my resists with Purity on and life/resist gear in all other slots (yes, I'm using diamond rings, but they also have resists on them).
- the lower your crit chance, the lower the benefits
- your damage will be much more spikey. Physical reflect will hurt. You will either fail to one-shot trash mobs with one barrage or you'll overkill them
- your life leech will be very unreliable. You will either leech next to nothing, when EK doesn't crit, or your leech will be an overkill

Personally, I wouldn't use that amulet even if someone offered to give it for free. You can get an amulet with some crit multiplier bonus and many other useful mods without all the drawbacks.

Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2014, 3:37:08 AM
Hey,

What should be the max level of clarity?
IGN: Aristona
Last edited by aristona37 on Mar 10, 2014, 6:58:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info