Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

Read the post. Don't write before reading thanks.
So I´m Level 69 so far and it´s working great.
I dont have VP and I dont miss it. Hated old VP because of
no Flasks and now I´m used to it.

If there is a reflect pack I just pop 2 Flasks for ridicoulus amount of armor
and burst them away. But I´m still waiting for Jade Flask to drop :/

This is my gear so far:

Skellies for bosses and some random other skill for everything else.

DMG is a bit low I think at 1.2k avg DMG shown in Tooltip. Need
to get Hatred running again...

EDIT:

Just Updated my Amulet and spend my lvl 70 passive into +1 Power Charge...
95% Crit capped :P Hilarious
All res capped (except chaos...)
2.3k life after clarity
Last edited by CupcakeFactory on Mar 7, 2014, 4:54:31 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've played this build and written in this thread for so long that I feel I'm entitled to some shameless self-promotion :) I moved to another build but I decided to document my experience with that one in my first guide. My build started as the Wander Wanderer and I changed and adapted some things along the way. If anyone is interested I'll greatly appreciate feedback and comments to kick it off (CoCookie Cutter thread in the shadow section).

Cheers.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 7, 2014, 2:39:42 PM
New video added
http://youtu.be/V6gKMiiAZp0
71 yellow map with funny fractured mod.

This map took me only 7min without hurry. With 19 level EK (Vaal Orb stole 1 level).
Barrage + CoC + 95% crit chance offers the best damage I ever had and Lighting Coil + Vaal Pact + Iron Skin + Grace = really good defense.

ing: Storm_Gaze
Damn. When I started using your build, I changed it quite a lot, even decided to write a guide, and I just saw that you changed your tree to re-take VP after they moved it, started using power charges and our passive trees are almost exactly the same now. I feel pretty stupid right now. Nearly-useless guide is nearly-useless :D

Anyway, gratz on the buff with patch 1.1 and I wish you many happy hours with the improved wander :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 7, 2014, 5:59:57 PM
I have absolutely no idea how it's possible to get to 60 to actually start the build. I tried going 2H ST like you recommended but I'm just getting wrecked so hard, like literally demolished. Any tips? I'm too squishy and my accuracy is down at 87% it's hard to get decent gear on it cause it's my first character as well.
"
I have absolutely no idea how it's possible to get to 60 to actually start the build. I tried going 2H ST like you recommended but I'm just getting wrecked so hard, like literally demolished. Any tips? I'm too squishy and my accuracy is down at 87% it's hard to get decent gear on it cause it's my first character as well.

ST's been nerfed pretty hard. searing bond, fire trap, and flameblast are the new go to powerleveling skills it seems

and yeah, it's not actually a great first char build. it's doable cuz it's cheap, but inflexible, which makes self found not really viable
I don't know why people always have to follow the FOTM build for leveling, regardless of their build and whether it actually makes sense for it.

I leveled as a dual striker, it was a cakewalk until Merciless where I started getting a bit squishy for melee, but in Merciless you can already transition to CoC anyway.

"
I don't know why people always have to follow the FOTM build for leveling, regardless of their build and whether it actually makes sense for it.

The same reason those people can't figure out how to distribute points without hand holding every 5 levels.
it's more those skills being the most efficient gear/passive independent early game damage. searing bond more or less caps its dps in a 2l +fire sceptre/wand, and flameblast has always been grossly underestimated

and flameblast seems to have been accidentally buffed massively...or at the very least, I didn't see it in patch notes. I'm being stubborn and running summoner for hard mfer in the new leagues, and even with 0 damage nodes of any kind...flameblast one shotted weaver on both normal and cruel......which is complete bullshit. I raced with witch last season, pretty much get all damage and fire nodes, and never one shotted weaver with it

...and also with 0 damage nodes...in a 1l, not even in a +fire, searing bond does just about as much dps as my flameblast is. if I ever find a RR 2l, I would have a 0 passive degen that's more powerful than something that one shotted weaver, which is just plain ridiculous

and fire trap's always been good. it's been a popular backup pickup for many of the top racers. ...it's getting more attention this league cuz most people are specing into searing bond anyways, and they synergize well with each other

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info