Descent: Champions Starter Uniques

I love the Crude Bow unique design! Projectiles return to you...I'd love to see that mod on some future uniques! The Driftwood Club seems like it would be pretty good with either ST or Ground Slam. The burning duration is insane...5x the duration!
Youtube @guitarguy234
Twitter @guitarguy234
twitch.tv/awsomesawcee
My band: http://www.slackjawbluesband.com
I dunno if a bow user will be doing very wanted. The first chest is a great find but the second chest leaves no incentive for an archer to exist anymore... Or maybe I can't TheoryCraft as well as the others. If you do have a good idea for the second chest pick as say a ROA please TheoryCraft?
IGN. DemKnight
Uh... Glass shank completely over powered? lol
Looks cool. Too bad the schedule is such that I'll be lucky to have two events during the entire season which I could reasonably do. I get that you'd lose dynamic leaderboards and such, but this would be way cooler if the event was open for 24-hours, say, and you could do your 1 hour whenever you wanted.
can someone please give me some advice on a build to run... have never tried descent before, dont even know how it works (is it hardcore?) and am pretty lost looking at these uniques... Dosent need to be the best secret imba build, just something i can use to try some descent as a relative noob
"
donaldtroll wrote:
can someone please give me some advice on a build to run... have never tried descent before, dont even know how it works (is it hardcore?) and am pretty lost looking at these uniques... Dosent need to be the best secret imba build, just something i can use to try some descent as a relative noob

Looking at the new uniques, a staff-based Spectral Throw Scion seems like an obvious choice. I've not done descent, but assuming it's not terrifyingly difficult, glass-cannon is probably the way to go since it's only 1 hour. I'm not 100% sure, but it's probably hardcore (most races are) so be careful if you do this, but ST gives lots of range so it should be doable.

If you like bows, I could see making a decent Ranger using Burning Arrow for single-targets and Split Arrow for AoE.

Melee-wise, a staff-based Ground Slam Marauder might not be bad either, or possibly a sword-based Cleave build of some type. The daggers are strong, but you're kind of locked into a Whirling Blades Shadow (I have no experience with WB) for AoE damage which probably lends itself to dagger + shield rather than dagger + dagger.
Wow, all of those uniques look really cool to start with, could definitely do some interesting things with them. I really want to play Descent Champions, too bad the schedule sucks and I work every time there is a Champions race.
Sounds fun !

going the obvious witch double glass shank rush throatseeker build
Am I the only one who thinks that the 2h sword looks pretty pathetic when compared to the other weapons? I guess you don't have to worry about an off-hand. So, you basically have to go with the sash. I guess one could pick the helm, but, in my opinion, three all sockets are not worth the stats the sash gives you.

So, am I missing something here or should that 2h sword be a bit stronger? (On a side note, I don't think I saw anyone even so much as hinting towards using it. lol)
I like the design of these uniques. None are clearly OP and all could have builds based around them. Nice work, as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info