[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

Amazing build.. well done! just hope it doesn't get nerfed
2 questions though..
1. with the level cap on cast on damage taken wud u say its better to keep it at low lvls (under 5) to proc more often or level it up to proc higher lvl spells but less often?
2. since you are aiming for high armor why not grab the body and soul cluster instead of nullification cluster?

Edit: The voidbearers in docks were giving me a lot of trouble until i got some more dmg so that I could one shot them. Those with LMP still knock me out. Any suggestions to mitigate spell dmg till I can wear rainbowstrides?
Last edited by nightblade157 on Nov 17, 2013, 1:47:09 PM
Thank you! I hope it doesn't get nerfed also :D

I'll start with the second question - well .. i took the Body and Soul cluster actualy( just to clariify the Body and soul cluster is next to the avatar of fire) If you mean the Faith and Steel cluster(the passive and 3 lesser nodes) near the templar start - well in order to get these 4 nodes you'll need to waste 4 other nodes to get there.. and that's ... unacceptable, The Nulification wastes only 2 .. so basicly it's all about priorities... 44% more armour is cool(that's 852 armour or around 7-8% physicla damage reduction) .. but it's not worth it the extra 2 skill points. Not that it's not a good idea.. it's just that i prefer the way that i've suggested... but it deserves some thinking about it to be honest... i'll do some calculations and tests and i'll come up with my final answer to this .. dilemma

And for the first question - I use a mixed approach. For the skills that level matters(Molten Shell and Decoy totem) i use max leveled gems and Trigger gem and for the skills that doesn't get affected by the level of the gem( Enduring cry) i use level 1 Trigger and level 5 gem. For the curse i use even more interesting approach - 2 same curses. One at max level to debuff better things like bosses and curse at level 5 to be casted more often. I'm not sure what will be the result when the triiger casts lvl 5 curse -> lvl 20 curse -> and again lvl 5 curse. Will the recasted low level curse overright the effect of the level 20 one? I'm not sure but it works extremely well so far... so i'm keeping it that way

For the dock voidbearers. They really are a problem before you can wear rainbowstride. That's why i've been farming different locations before level 53 - usualy sarn city. Well to be honest i've actualy rushed to the ledge merciless... but sar city farming is the safer way to go

Million thanks nightblade157!
The Faith and steel cluster will give me(and everyone who uses this build) 40% Energy Shield and 44% armour for 8 skill points. That's better than the Void Barrier Cluster it gives the same ES and all res but no armour! It's true that it need 1 less skill point to get the Barrier Cluster but 1 point for 44% armour - totaly worth it!. I'll make the end-game tree adjustments to that change
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 17, 2013, 2:23:25 PM
asd
Last edited by matask on Oct 1, 2019, 9:46:14 AM
Changes on the skill tree will only affect 110+ skill points

And yes the shield nodes are really worth it! They are the best defensive mechanic that there is in my opinion. Look it that way 1% shield block practicly gives you 1% immunity and immortality against melee and range attacks. Every succesful block is 100% damage mitigation with no negative efects on you ( no stagger if you have Unwavering stance and you will have it with this build) More block chance means ore spell block chance due to that one awesome passive and the Rainbowstride boots. Furthermore every block means instant Energy Shield replenished due to the Aegis Aurora Shield...

tl;dr Shield Block should be your top priority!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey, just to know, why don't you take Iron reflexes as you have unweavering stance and so can't evade anymore?
asd
Last edited by matask on Oct 1, 2019, 9:46:24 AM
"
Moonchild3370 wrote:
Hey, just to know, why don't you take Iron reflexes as you have unweavering stance and so can't evade anymore?

Unfortunatly that's not a good idea for 3 reasons:
1st. You'll have around 400 Evasion (around 350 from your level(at level 88) + 31 from gear increased by 32% from passive nodes, note that dexterity bonus to evasion doesn't apply when you have Iron Reflexes) ... so Iron Reflexes will give you 400 armour. You can't have ES/EV chest because you can never get the right clors, you can't switch Abyssus for an Evasion Helmet, you can't use evasion shield, you can't swap Rainbowstride boots with anything else, you can't swap Facebreaker obviously so basicly you can't get evasion.
Now if you decide to take only pure % armour nodes instead of Iron relexes you'll get 927 armour for 5 skill points so the amount is more than double compared to iron reflexes.
2nd. You need to waste 5 skill points to get it and you can really use them better
3th. You can't use Grace for Evasion because you don't have enough mana for it an beause both Hatred and Discipline are more beneficial

P.S. Completely unrelated to this post:
I've cleared two Palace maps (level 78) and died both times due to the fact that streaming hurts my FPS by alot... from 60 to 18-20 FPS occasionaly droping down to 1 just when you don't want that to happen - in resault i could not dodge the Dominus smash attack... and if i don't block it i'm dead -_- Then i did a third Palace map this time with no streaming at all. The resault? No Problems at all! Took me around 2 minutes to kill both of his forms(advice - keep a flask with a remove bleeding effect and use it when you kill his second form). So i'm sorry guys but i won't be able to provide a Palace map video... atleast for now :(
I'll try Courtyard today because non of the 3 bosses can one shot me so i can just facetank every one of them ( in theory ) anyway we'll see today.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 18, 2013, 4:03:13 AM
asd
Last edited by matask on Oct 1, 2019, 9:46:34 AM
Ah that would be hard... i'm studying law ... the final exams are 1 month away(im 5th year in a university).. and when(if) i take them i'll have unpaid 6 month noviciate(is that the word in english?) in the court... so for roughly 7 months i'm with no cash flow :D So basicly all i do now is to study, see with my girlfriend and play Path of Exile.

Sorry for the off-topic :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 18, 2013, 4:46:26 AM
asd
Last edited by matask on Oct 1, 2019, 9:47:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info