[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

Believe it or not i remember you Rathik2 and i wnant to thank you again :)

But i can't agree 100% with your advice here.

This are the numbers of your tree

-2% all res ( didn't clicked the second 10% resist from shield for some reason)
-6% ES
+10 more dex
+40% more evasion ( i have Unwavering stance so it's not helpful in any way)

I've removed Diamond Flesh because i no longer need it in order to have capped resists ( fire and cold are above 90%)

If you remove Diamond flesh aswell you'll compensate and your variation will have indeed 8% more res(so i can respec and get 1 free skill point from the normal reward) and take the 6% ES next to arcane focus
so actualy the things that matter are

+1 skill point
+10 dex ( generaly helpful.. but not in my case)

That's all good but what really concerns me most is the fact that your tree has little opportunities for higher levels (above 110 skill points) even that 1 point has nowhere to go.
Probably Inner force and Blast Radius.
Mine can easly go for the Void Barrier Circle but yours needs more points to get to the big ES cirlce between Witch and Scion so it makes that root practicly impossible.
So basicly i need to choose between more ES at higher levels or slightly more ES and blast radius or inner force with my tree OR slightly less es with Inner Force AND Blast radius
In the end i need to think more about it... your tree has some pros. and some cons.
Damn if i decide to go your way i'll need 33 regrets :/
Anyway i want to thank you for trying to help me out :)

P.S. i've been doing some thinking over a 119 skill points tree ( yes i know that it's hard to reach level 100 but who knows )

Your version will look like this:

My version will look like this:

Pros. of yours:
+10 dex
+8% increased aoe (or 4% and 8% all resists overcap)
+10 int
+1 endurance charge

Pros of mine:
+8 es

So yes, you've turned out right! Thank you!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 17, 2013, 4:03:26 AM
asd
Last edited by matask on Oct 1, 2019, 9:45:20 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Believe it or not i remember you Rathik2 and i wnant to thank you again :)

But i can't agree 100% with your advice here.

This are the numbers of your tree

-2% all res ( didn't clicked the second 10% resist from shield for some reason)
-6% ES
+10 more dex
+40% more evasion ( i have Unwavering stance so it's not helpful in any way)

I've removed Diamond Flesh because i no longer need it in order to have capped resists ( fire and cold are above 90%)

If you remove Diamond flesh aswell you'll compensate and your variation will have indeed 8% more res(so i can respec and get 1 free skill point from the normal reward) and take the 6% ES next to arcane focus
so actualy the things that matter are

+1 skill point
+10 dex ( generaly helpful.. but not in my case)

That's all good but what really concerns me most is the fact that your tree has little opportunities for higher levels (above 110 skill points) even that 1 point has nowhere to go.
Probably Inner force and Blast Radius.
Mine can easly go for the Void Barrier Circle but yours needs more points to get to the big ES cirlce between Witch and Scion so it makes that root practicly impossible.
So basicly i need to choose between more ES at higher levels or slightly more ES and blast radius or inner force with my tree OR slightly less es with Inner Force AND Blast radius
In the end i need to think more about it... your tree has some pros. and some cons.
Damn if i decide to go your way i'll need 33 regrets :/
Anyway i want to thank you for trying to help me out :)

P.S. i've been doing some thinking over a 119 skill points tree ( yes i know that it's hard to reach level 100 but who knows )

Your version will look like this:

My version will look like this:

Pros. of yours:
+10 dex
+8% increased aoe (or 4% and 8% all resists overcap)
+10 int
+1 endurance charge

Pros of mine:
+8 es

So yes, you've turned out right! Thank you!

Emm, I didn't remove diamond flesh, I am using the off line builder when working on builds, I just made the link to the left side by taking the int nodes under the middle power charge then removed all the middle es points and add them to the left.
I must have clicked it by accident. To be honest I didn't looked at the bottom at all.

For the 10% shield res, I was 100% sure you took it :), I didn't even look at it.

For the DEX, well I used your dueler build, which I loved by the way, but DEX was kinda an issue, so I figured, 10 more DEX, cool!
Your amulet is pretty sweet, but its kinda hard to find all those mods on an amulet.

Don't you have chilled/freeze issues? I am guessing you using a flask for that. Can you link your flasks on the gear section?

I am currently working on a life based critical IB build, since IB explosion has 7% base crit chance, which is damn huge. Kinda hard to find a decent weapon for the build.
I might need your input on that, since you are the guru of IB on these forums :D.

Regards

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 17, 2013, 5:33:13 AM
@Rathik2
Oh you've misunderstood the part with the Diamond flesh. I've removed it now because i was able to to cap my resists with my gear. But it's a good way to get more resists if you don't have enough from gear.
You are absolutely correct about the dex... and i'm so glad that my amulet helps alot with that... btw taking +30 dex node or two helps ;)
About the chill freeze.. i'm pretty sure i've mentioned it somewhere :D ( maybe in Q&A? ) but even i'm not sure... anyway ... you've guessed right - flasks. I have 2 remove chilled and frozen flasks(btw i'll post the flasks in gear section)

Crit IB always sound like a great possibility .. i mean come on 7% ... only ice spear has 7%!
The theoretical problems that i see is that you usualy drop down your enemies to below 25% of their life with just your splash so extra damage from crit explosion is not really needed. BUT it would be very very awesome vs Bosses. Kill the magic monster pack = kill the boss. And ofcourse having crit chance and multiplier in general boosts the "basic" infernal strike damage output so it might be a good idea. Anyway it sounds interesting and i would love to hear if it works well!

@matask
Well this build really is very gear dependant in the end-game but from the very begining to act 1 merciless the only thing that you really need is the Facebreaker gloves, Meginord's girdle, crest of perandus(it's around 1 chaos orb!) and 2 very cheap rings with some physical damage.
If you are just starting path of exile and you want a cheaper build i really suggest you to try my other facebreaker build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/445390
Again with just Facebreaker gloves, Meginord's Gridle, crest of perandus and rings you can easly reach level 70 maps!

And really don't thing that i can qualify as a rich kid :D I've never had a Kaom's Heart or Shvronnes' Wrappings or Soul Taker . And i've been playing from the very begining(from closed beta actualy but that doesn't count) i have 13 level 70+ character 7 of which are 80+ . IF i sell everything that i have i still won't have enough to buy a legacy Soul Taker! This build is worth in total around 45 exalts.. i know it sounds like alot.. but come on there are single items that worth twice as much!
I must say that i've never had a MF character, i've never used multiboxing, i've never played in party and i've never speculated in the trade chat/forum(buy low sell high)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 17, 2013, 6:58:12 AM
Small build update:

- added "Important Boss Notes" to some boss fights ( where it is needed )
- added "Flasks" in the "Gear" section
- added Crematorium, Academy, Shrine and Shipyard Boss Fights
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 17, 2013, 10:33:44 AM
sorry if this is a dumb question, but what kind of weapon do you use?
I don't use any weapon at all! :)
That's the point!
The build is around these gloves:

They increase your damage if you don't use any weapon at all. In order to deal alot of damage you need ( besides the 5-6 linked chest with the needed support gems) +X-X physical damage items ( rings, amulet, Abyssus helmet, Meginord's Girlde belt). These items are the most important part of the build. Without X-X physical damage items you'll have miserable DPS
so which passive tree is better? korgoth or rathik?

"Well this build really is very gear dependant in the end-game but from the very begining to act 1 merciless the only thing that you really need is the Facebreaker gloves, Meginord's girdle, crest of perandus(it's around 1 chaos orb!) and 2 very cheap rings with some physical damage."

Also btw a meginord is like an exalt on nemesis.
Last edited by jusamgames on Nov 17, 2013, 12:25:22 PM
asd
Last edited by matask on Oct 1, 2019, 9:45:50 AM
@Deadfear
I can't argue with that. It really is 1 exalt. But it is what it is ... every single build is gear dependant to some extend. Even without meginord's it's absolutely doable with enough physical damage from your rings and amulet.( i'll make screenshots with nerfed 750% Facebreakers and with no Meginord's girdle at level 28 character ifyou want them. As i recall it's around 1100 DPS)
The better tree is the Rathik2's one atleast for the long run. I've updated the passive skill tree at 110 and at max level so you can also check it out there

@matask
Infernal blow is a melee attack so it is affected only by Attack speed. It's true that the explosions of this skill are "spells" but they are not affected by casting speed.. they just occure when you kill a monster.
As for the attack speed - just like i explained in the first post - you need multistrike in order to have high attack speed. I must say that without it your attacks are slow but (atleast for me) being able to one-hit everything at low levels compesates.
In order to increase you NEED to have physical damage items (X-X physical damage)

As you can see 5 of my 9 items have X-X physical damage! I understand that Meginrd's girdle is pricy ( for a new player or when you start a new league) but you can easly get enough physical damage from your rings and amulet! Pair that with Hatred and you'll do crazy damage at low levels (i.e. my 28 PvP facebreaker has ~2300 DPS)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 17, 2013, 12:53:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info