[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Thank you! I hope it doesn't get nerfed also :D

I'll start with the second question - well .. i took the Body and Soul cluster actualy( just to clariify the Body and soul cluster is next to the avatar of fire) If you mean the Faith and Steel cluster(the passive and 3 lesser nodes) near the templar start - well in order to get these 4 nodes you'll need to waste 4 other nodes to get there.. and that's ... unacceptable, The Nulification wastes only 2 .. so basicly it's all about priorities... 44% more armour is cool(that's 852 armour or around 7-8% physicla damage reduction) .. but it's not worth it the extra 2 skill points. Not that it's not a good idea.. it's just that i prefer the way that i've suggested... but it deserves some thinking about it to be honest... i'll do some calculations and tests and i'll come up with my final answer to this .. dilemma

And for the first question - I use a mixed approach. For the skills that level matters(Molten Shell and Decoy totem) i use max leveled gems and Trigger gem and for the skills that doesn't get affected by the level of the gem( Enduring cry) i use level 1 Trigger and level 5 gem. For the curse i use even more interesting approach - 2 same curses. One at max level to debuff better things like bosses and curse at level 5 to be casted more often. I'm not sure what will be the result when the triiger casts lvl 5 curse -> lvl 20 curse -> and again lvl 5 curse. Will the recasted low level curse overright the effect of the level 20 one? I'm not sure but it works extremely well so far... so i'm keeping it that way

For the dock voidbearers. They really are a problem before you can wear rainbowstride. That's why i've been farming different locations before level 53 - usualy sarn city. Well to be honest i've actualy rushed to the ledge merciless... but sar city farming is the safer way to go

Million thanks nightblade157!
The Faith and steel cluster will give me(and everyone who uses this build) 40% Energy Shield and 44% armour for 8 skill points. That's better than the Void Barrier Cluster it gives the same ES and all res but no armour! It's true that it need 1 less skill point to get the Barrier Cluster but 1 point for 44% armour - totaly worth it!. I'll make the end-game tree adjustments to that change

ah I was checking the 80 point version of the tree.. I checked the 100 point build and u did in fact pick body and soul. And yeah faith and steel sounds like a better option than the ES/eva cluster.. evade chance is 0 anyway for this build and you get better ES/armor this way

And for those bitching about damage I dont see why their dps is so low.. I am level 34 on this build without meginord's and still hav 1.3k dps.. pretty much 1 shotting everything so far except the multiple projectile voidbearers :P
I think ppl are confusing flat physical damage with %physical damage
Just these 3 mediocre pieces of jewellery..
@matask
Well just like i said many times before X% physical damage does abolutely NOTHING for this build(and any facebreaker build) you need flat physical damage not % physical damage ( jsut look at the nightblade157 ring and amulet). So thats the key to the high physical damage.

As for the Multistrike.. no idea... it's a quest reward now... so i don't know why it's so expensive

Yup you saw me diying to the bosses in the lvl 78 Courtyard map ... so no more streaming for me .. the FPS drop is simply unbearable ... i'm sorry that i won't be able to provide the last two boss fights - the two 78 maps :( I'll do it when i have a better PC
Here just look at this vidio of me dying in the same map and you'll see what i mean:
http://www.twitch.tv/korgothbg/c/3263077

Everything is going pretty much fine.. but when i reach the 3 bosses ... BOOM ... from 1:44 to 1:48 the Path of Exile client is not responding .. and when it does ... i'm dead...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 18, 2013, 1:49:25 PM
Last edited by matask on Oct 2, 2015, 6:08:21 AM
Well you still look at the right place..
I'll try to explain
You have around 6 physical DPS with no items at all
If you have 800% Facebreaker gloves you'll have around 54 physical DPS
If you have two 5% Physical damage rings you'll have around 54.6 DPS
If you have just 2 more flat DPS from a ring ( that's a 1-2 physical dmage ring) and 800% Facebreakers you'll deal 72 DPS

So basicly 1-2 physical damage from your rings will give you 17.4 more DPS than 10% physical damage from your rings

Edit:
And ofcourse this!

"
KorgothBG wrote:

Q.9 How to deal lots of damage in the early levels? And how to deal damage at all? I have no weapon dammit!
A.9 I've got that quesiton dozens of times... really that's the most frequently asked question! If anyone ask me that qestion again i'll just quote this Q&A. Ok so basicly the Facebreaker Gloves increase your unnarmed physical damage by alot. But by default you don't have lot's of physical damage! You can't use weapon! You have around 6 physical DPS with no items at all. If you have 800% Facebreaker gloves you'll have around 54 physical DPS. If you have two 5% Physical damage rings you'll have around 54.6 DPS.If you have just 2 more flat DPS from a ring ( that's a 1-2 physical dmage ring) and 800% Facebreakers you'll deal 72 DPS.
So basicly 1-2 physical damage from your rings will give you 17.4 more DPS than 10% physical damage from your rings So how can you deal damage!? Besides the support gems linked to your Infernal strike(that's obvious) you need to have items with flat X-X physical damage. Have these 2 rings for example
. Togheter they deal 12-30 physical damage or 21 DPS(slightly more because unnarmed attacks have 1.2 attacks per second) Ok so 21 DPS - nothing spectacular right? WRONG! This 21 DPS will be multiplied by your unnarmed bonus damage from the Facebreaker glove, then it will be multiplied by +X% physcial damage your strengh, then it will be multiplied by your attack speed, then it will be multiplied by your Infernal Blow( it deals 125% of your base damage..not to mention the bonus physical damage from higher levels of the skill), then it will be multiplied by the support gems connected to your Infernal Blow. In the I'll give you this example: with these 2 rings i have 43463 DPS and without them i have 35045 DPS. So this insignificat looking 12-30 physical damage gives me 8418 DPS!!!

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 18, 2013, 2:05:04 PM
These 3 items have total 20-35 physical damage. Multiply by 900% fb = 180-315 physical damage
Add multistrike, melee physical dmg supports and that goes easily upto 1k
Add hatred aura = 30% extra dps

Btw now level 36, started using hatred and 1.9k dps. This should carry me to merciless pretty easyily :D
Indeed it will! Just stack block for tankiness and you'll be fine :)
Last edited by matask on Oct 2, 2015, 6:08:57 AM
it's skill tree by skill points not by character level

And you have low damage because.... you dont have physical damage on your rings and amulet! I can't put it more simply than that :D
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 18, 2013, 4:09:56 PM
This is hands down one of the best ideas and guides I have seen. I am jealous because I will never be able to quite pull this off as well with my facebreaker marauder because of the starting position. Your build makes perfect use of some synergies between the passive nodes, items and skills. I really hope your awesomeness won't get nerfed.
Thank you Teutonne! It's really great when someone appriciates the time and efford spent and the idea behind my build.

I hope it won''t get nerfed too .. but i don't see why it should be nerfed... the crit builds are the most OP thing right now...

Anyway if something gets nerfed that could be the CI or the Energy Shield in general but i doubt it.

P.S. i've updated the Screenshots in the "Statistics" section

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info