[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

I will update it when i test it(tomorrow)
But i'm guessing that i'll handle it like this:
Enduring Cry(low level) + Temporal Chains(low level) + Cast when damage taken(level 1)
Temporal chains(max level) + Molten Shell(max level) + Decoy Totem(max level) + Cast when damage taken(max level)

I'm 99% sure that i'll do it like this but i'll be 100% sure tomorrow :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 12, 2013, 12:09:12 PM
In my opinion max block chance is a must. With the abyssus you need to be able to neglect most of the physical hits that you'll take.(and if you don't use Abyssus your DPS will be miserable)
The Best way to do that is the block chance. With 75% block chance you'll block 3 out of 4 attacks.. trust me this is extemly helpful.
I'll try to explain by the folloing example.
Let's say that you'll have only 40% block chance that means that you'll effectivly take 35% more physical damage than if you had 75% block chance. To compensate that you'll need to have 35% bigger ES pool( not to mention that the Abyssus should be taken into consideration so you actualy need around 50% more ES and that's around 6000 ES if you have the same gear as me.. and the extra nodes won't provide the needed ES to reach that amount of ES)

And ofcourse the best way to understand why something is good for you should see it :)
Watch this video:
http://www.twitch.tv/korgothbg/c/3233020
In the video i have Vulnerability urse all the time! So that's alot of extra physical dps(the total physical damage reduce would be less than 0%.. alot less)

In the end my advice is - Don't underestmate Block chance! Actualy it is the best defensive mechanic vs Physical Damage in PoE!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 12, 2013, 4:13:00 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Enfeeble is a nice curse aswell but the amount of intelligence that it requires is quite high. The same goes for Vulnerability and Flammability.

But with this build won't we have really high intelligence? You've gone over a lot of int nodes in that tree, by my calculations you should have at least 220 just in passives, plus there is 2 of those big 30 int nodes fairly closeby.

Enfeeble and Vulnerability only require 151 int at level 20, and Flammability requires even less, so the int requirement should really mean nothing at all. In fact, you only get 20 dex from your passives tree, so temporal chains cost of 95 dex would be harder to reach.

P.S: I saved you 3 skill points:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecHYw5IES8RUBGWEuEV1xkuGjIaVR0UHoEn7Si1KMUo-io4LL8vbzboN4M74UCgQ2NHBkuNTDVPfVFgVmNXDVcrWPVZ814TX2phIWSjZp5tGXB9cLtxTXKpfNl_xoBWhO-Grohri3qPRo_6mZqaz53EnrmezZ_LoLSio6LqpwinK6cwpzSplayqrK-297cxuJO71sAawcXB88Lsw23DhtIh14bZE9lh2-fi9-OE5oHnkeq662Pr7uwY707zvvPd97760vuq_xym6yymN2Y0CrQMkycc3A==

By connecting to the left side of the tree underneath the starting area rather then over
Last edited by Rohan_Spibo on Nov 12, 2013, 10:52:33 PM
Absolutely correct.. i've copy-pasted this Lines and never even thought about it... man i hate it when i get used to something and my mind becomes so numb that i can't even think of something different. I would Probably switch to Enfeeble.. even with no evasion the less damage would be nice... i'll test it today and post results.

And thanks for the 110 tree :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 13, 2013, 2:38:40 AM
"Triggered Skills" and "Active skills" sections updated due to the changes of the Cast When Damage Taken trigger gem changes.
The new path make cast on damage taken not usefull like before. I think we should cast decoy totem and enduring cry before hit the mobs, better than use CODT high level. We can use curse on hit link with our curse, it's more easy than CODT.
Would tempest shield be something to look in to using?
@hoangvoducduy
The Enduring cry works increadably well with CWDT even at level 5 (that's the optimal level of the EC to pair with level 1 CWDT) And i really don't see the diference here

As for the Decoy totem - it's not a build saver. It is not neccesairy even one bit. It's just a good addition. Pairing it with level 20 CWDT and level 20 Molten Shell it works perfectly fie.

I really don't see why so many people cry over the nerfed CWDT ... it really changes absolutely nothing(atleast for this build and for any melee build in general if you ask me)

And unfortunatly we cant use curse on hit + the curse because in order to work it needs to be linked to your attack skill... so wasting 2 sockets for curse on hit and the actual curse is... pure madness.

@rLegacy
Tempest shield will save you 2 passive nodes but you just can't lose Hatred or Discipline... and you don't have enough mana (even if you take more reduced reserved mana nodes) to run with Hatred, Discipline AND Tempest Shield and still be able to cast without a problem.
A small build update.

- updated current skill tree (i'm level 81 now)
- updated "Statistics" section with the new numbers
- added Stone of Lazhwar as a suggested amulet for Hardcore Leagues
- added advices related to how to handle the few hard map mod combinations for this build ( check out Question 5 in the "Qustions and Answers" section
- added Question 8
- added a Gorge Map( Level 74) video
- added a Residence Map ( Level 74) video
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 13, 2013, 7:03:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info