1.0.0f Patch and Data about League Distributions and Map-only Uniques

"
"
Caustic2 wrote:
I'm just saying it takes playing 10 hours a day in order to get a lucky enough streak of good RNG to make it to 74+ maps.

This is not even accurate, its not how much you play its how much you trade and how good your mapping group is. 16 hours a day does nothing for you if you play solo and therefor can not constantly spend 10-20 chaos per map getting it maze/whatever other mods you want.

No, this is far from the truth. Being good at the game has ZERO influence on what maps drop. Its not hard rolling a map then clearing it. Point he is trying to make is....SOLO players got fucked. I find it very hard for me to continue playing this game and advertising it to friends knowing this.

As always word of mouth is a very powerful marketing/advertising tool. Just sad that GGG pushs group play down your throat when all I want to do is solo. I hate to say this but reaper of souls is looking more attractive.....everyday I see nothing done about map drops.
"
Also, while we're dumping data on you, this was a popular request. Here is a table of the itemlevels required to spawn (either via drop or via Orb of Chance) the Map-only unique items:
Kaom's Heart: 78
Shavronne's Wrappings: 78
Voltaxic Rift: 78
Void Battery: 77
Thunderfist: 76
Mon'tregul's Grasp: 75
Rathpith Globe: 74
Devoto's Devotion: 74
Lioneye's Remorse: 73
Ming's Heart: 73
Auxium: 72
Andvarius: 71
Lioneye's Glare: 71
Divinarius: 71

Are there also minimum levels for other uniques than these?
And if yes: Can you give them to us please as well?
I can't help but feel the change to where the most powerful uniques in the game can drop is a very bad one. It puts it completely out of reach of the vast majority of players. I understand fully that these items are powerful and should be extremely rare. I also understand that players with heavy time investment should be rewarded more so than those without. But to put the drop chance to zero outside of only the very highest level maps, is a bit extreme, and a motivation killer imo.

For example, if I wanna mindlessly farm some docks for an hour before I go to sleep, the number of great uniques at that level may be low, but in the back of my mind, there's always the thought that the next rare I kill is gonna drop that mirror I've been waiting for since day 1 of open beta. Its that driving force that keeps it interesting, that what if, what if today is my day.

With this change, that motivation is gone. I have a level 85 HC character that I have been playing since April, I play when I can, and have invested a good amount of time. The highest map I have ever had is ONE 73, granted I play solo but the time investment necessary to get and maintain a high level map pool is one I simply cannot afford. I once found a Shavronne's in a dunes map of all places, and it is still one of the highlights of my playtime with this game, and it's moments like that, that are now impossible for most.

These items should be extremely rare like I said but not zero, even if the chance is only 0.0005% just enough to get that little voice saying "what if?" Maybe have a higher chance to drop in the high level maps for the highly invested players, and mirror rarity for the items in their old ilvls? idk

Just something I've been wanting to share my opinion on, sorry for the novel.
"
Only_Forward wrote:
So this is why people were buying void battery for double it's usual price earlier today.

Where do we get the early notes?

Alpha "testers" strike again.
really not happy with the item levels of these uniques
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
minus4 wrote:
"

Get real. Anyone who does not trade can not sustain the high level maps, and the reality is to REALLY sustain the very top level of them(75-78) you need a GROUP that trades, or extremely consistent luck.

For someone who plays solo and mostly self found, its frigging impossible to get a real chance at farming those items now no matter how much you play.

I don't see the problem with solo players having a hard time to sustain high level maps. I mean, why play in a group if everyone can just maintain the 75+ map pool playing solo? If a player choose to play solo AND self-found, that player should be aware that it will take much more time to achieve things that other players who trade, or a group is capable of achieving.

GGG has stated before that this is an online game so they value inter-player trade heavily. There are plenty of ways to get rich via crafting or just being lucky and find items to sell. Players who can't maintain 75+ maps solo can accumulate wealth that way and buy the desired uniques. Again, this is an online game, people who play together will have easier time to reach top level, what is the problem with that?

The problem is that I do not want to do that. Other people are slow and they use shit builds and get themselves killed wasting portals/so on.

I dont like trade, or grouping, but I love the GAMEPLAY and the skill tree/customization so I just want to be able to play and achieve well on my own.

Ever since 1.0 its been pretty apparent that GGG thinks solo players deserve less rewards for hard work that group players and traders.
IGN
hmm, I gotta say I don't like this change at all. these uniques will be impossible to get for a solo player who has a life, like me. I'm not saying they shouldn't be rare, but for me the item hunt is a huge part of the fun, and knowing there is not the slightest chance for many of the powerful uniques to drop or get chanced is frustrating.

it's hard enough that I don't seem to be able to get beyond lvl 70 maps, and this is another hit for solo play.
I'm happy with many of the new features/changes but this seems not fair. in all my time playing I've never found a high-level unique except bringer of rain. now I know for sure there isn't even a chance.

whine-mode end :)
Just to say it, though mollari did trade in anarchy he solo'd maps up to 77's. When I rerolled in anarchy I got up to 72/73's by myself (74 was where my rng wasn't able to keep up anymore and I had to start buying maps but I also don't play 10 hours a day and am a pretty bad trader.) Its not impossible for solo players to get at least into the 70's and potentially get some good loot which can fund the higher level maps. With the currency the group i play with pours into maps I can understand this change even if I dont wholly approve, but considering map rng is well... rng at least there is some other potential payoff in high level maps aside of more maps (and of course the experience) that isnt gotten in them. So I guess I'm chancing siege axes for now till I get into ilvl 70+ items.
"
minus4 wrote:
"

Get real. Anyone who does not trade can not sustain the high level maps, and the reality is to REALLY sustain the very top level of them(75-78) you need a GROUP that trades, or extremely consistent luck.

For someone who plays solo and mostly self found, its frigging impossible to get a real chance at farming those items now no matter how much you play.

I don't see the problem with solo players having a hard time to sustain high level maps. I mean, why play in a group if everyone can just maintain the 75+ map pool playing solo? If a player choose to play solo AND self-found, that player should be aware that it will take much more time to achieve things that other players who trade, or a group is capable of achieving.

GGG has stated before that this is an online game so they value inter-player trade heavily. There are plenty of ways to get rich via crafting or just being lucky and find items to sell. Players who can't maintain 75+ maps solo can accumulate wealth that way and buy the desired uniques. Again, this is an online game, people who play together will have easier time to reach top level, what is the problem with that?

^This.
IGN: Frostveil
Well guess the people who can run such maps are dancing with joy

They get to sell more white items for more currency each than many players see in days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info