Server Problems are Resolved!

Are you really serious?? ... Just because your Server arent that instable anymore ... you still have a very hardcore Desynchronisation Problem, which is persistant since the Closed Beta ...

I dont know about most of the players here, but i know 10 of my friends that started to play this game now after Release and 5 allready left the game because they are not able to play a Melee Character, because of this hard desynchronisation problems ...

Is there even a Plan to fix it? ... just pop /oos on your own Server every second ... or fix it otherwise but this is so annoying that you are unable to play any kind of melee char ....

Why is there even a command to resynch instead of doing it urself ...
I love incoherent rageholes like you. Did you not read where Chris explicitly said they are working on it?

Also, the command /oos is there as a stop gap for player convenience while they work on a better long term solution. Would you rather they didn't give you anything at all? How about be grateful they acknowledge the problem and are working on it in a way that is communicated to their players AND gave people a way to help deal with it so we aren't sitting here on our duffs while they work it out.

Better yet, given your attitude, I suggest a break and some fresh air.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
exxidus wrote:

Is there even a Plan to fix it? ... just pop /oos on your own Server every second ... or fix it otherwise but this is so annoying that you are unable to play any kind of melee char

desync problems are getting incrementally improved all the time but will never fully disappear. sorry. if the game would make hard resyncs all the time your char would constantly be warping around cause your server position is always out of sync with your client position. that's the price for running the game nearly completely on the server for several reasons.

you see them yourself: even if ggg trusts the client so far by giving it full information about the current instance there are immediately hacks which show you the full instance. if the client would be trusted with other information it would be misused immediately.

i rather have a cheat free game with desync than a synced game full of bots and duped items.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
there arent that kind of cheats in diablo 3 either and i dont see any kind of synch problems there at all.

@Archwizard ... i play since closed beta now and there was no improve to this in any kind ... so i dont really think that i can believe in things they write anymore ...

I use a makro atm that makes /oos every 5 seconds and i dont warp around all the time, but i stay in synchronization ... but i see the game going down as i dont think there are much players like me and the other fan boys, that will stay even with this kind of problems ... this allready ruined Hellgate and im sure it will - sadly - ruin this game too if they dont take any hard effort into it
Well done! This morning 2 secs of spike lag.
Just one word.

Competence!

Thank you for your efforts,

Devil~
The Dragon Hideout http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Aesthetics of Evil http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Garden of the Ancients http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1051755
Great !

And very happy how you communicate about your problems.
GGG reminds me old blizzard before they sold their soul to the all might money. Let's hope it takes a very very long time before GGG do the same... So we can still count with good comunication an respect for the playerbase.
Keep up the good job!
"
exxidus wrote:
there arent that kind of cheats in diablo 3 either and i dont see any kind of synch problems there at all.

@Archwizard ... i play since closed beta now and there was no improve to this in any kind ... so i dont really think that i can believe in things they write anymore ...

I use a makro atm that makes /oos every 5 seconds and i dont warp around all the time, but i stay in synchronization ... but i see the game going down as i dont think there are much players like me and the other fan boys, that will stay even with this kind of problems ... this allready ruined Hellgate and im sure it will - sadly - ruin this game too if they dont take any hard effort into it

to be honest i had sometimes desync also in diablo3 , it is depending of the numbers of players by servers ( by country ? ) so the evening and in vacation it could happens in all my games online i play ( Poe, diablo3, Wakfu, Dofus )

Some suggestions :
an visual indicator of the ping like in diablo3 ( red : careful no times to fight a boss, green : perfect )
an button of synchronization ( don't understand manip of "/oos" )
when dying during desync : a rollback of two minutes
or an button panic which disconnects and rollback instance ...
Wonderful, nice to see the hard work and devotion to your players.
IGN="Tanky"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info