Temporal Chains...

At least, you can counter curses with flasks. There is no Anti-Spelltotem-Flask, no Anti-Flicker-Flask, no Anti-Resolute-Technique-Flask and dispell Chilled/Frozen-Flasks only dispell once. It does not grants you any immunity aganist freeze for the next seconds.

Temporal Chains is good, but its not superior to all other curses. Everyone can use curses and they work well without 6L-Armor/Weapons. Maybe Temporal Chains is a little bit too powerful. But thats not the real problem.

The core-problem is:
Curses are strong. But some refuse to use them.
They want pvp their way. They dont want curses and they die to curses. So they blame a defensive curse (guys, we need more defense or at least less damage in pvp!) for making pvp bad.
"
Wushiva wrote:
What amuses me the most is people complaining about getting owned in PvP, while most if not all whiners go in the arena with a PvE build/PvE gear, how do you expect to win then?

Learn to counter, figure out builds on your own, test certain skills in PvP before crying on the forums for a nerf please. The game is pretty balanced in PvP as it is, IF you are willing to use your intellect and figure out a counter/good pvp builds.

For example an anti-curse hp pot with increased duration etc, almost 10 sec immunity to curses, completely nullifying a very important part of your opponents build (If he went for perma curses)So naturally you should be able to outdps/outplay him during those 10 seconds. You didn't? Just pop another one and try again!

I wholeheartedly agree. people are crying about temporal chains....use lightning warp, whirling blades, leapslam, quicksilver flask, immune curse flask, or play a char that can bear trap them and slowly run with temporal chains and beat the hell outta them regardless.

I actually think temportal chains is mandatory for melee chars trying to run down increased movement speed kiting builds. seriously do u know how frustrating it is to almost hit someone but since they are a tad bit faster your guy stops to attack slowly "raaaaaaawwwwwwg" and misses and the the time u recover from the swing they are a mile away freezing or hitting u with projectiles?
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 1, 2013, 5:02:24 AM
"
Grildrak wrote:
"
Vooodu wrote:

So basically i need to roll with 5 remove curse flasks for pvp?...Helll NOOooO!

Ofc you need 5 remove curse flasks if you want to play PvP and atleast 8 remove freeze/chill. It is balanced, it is just you that fail at equiping all those 20 flasks (or yourself use the stuff you needed those 20 flasks to counter).

I simply will not duel people with Damage Totems, Temporal Chainz and Summons.

No, i will not use 5 flasks to remove curses... This is not an option for me.

I simply choose to exit the duel.

I don't care about traps, freezing, flicker strike or what ever. But those 3 mentioned are just lame in pvp and should not work.

For me, as soon as Temporal Chains is above my head.. Il exit.

The moment i see someone casting skells, im gone.

The moment i see totems spamming spells... Buh Bye.

Nothing personal... But i want to pvp not play whos the biggest cheese bag.

Sure, i could use my summoners with totems and temporal chains. But, what does that solve?

poor man
you have such hard life
lol

upd ok ok i understand curses totems op but skels ?? are you serious
Last edited by kiersz on Mar 1, 2013, 9:29:20 AM
"
kiersz wrote:
poor man
you have such hard life
lol

upd ok ok i understand curses totems op but skels ?? are you serious

Have you ever dueled a temporal chains, totem spamming summoners?

Like i said, i don't care. Im looking for certain people to duel when i duel.

And someone running away spamming skells, slow curse and totems are not what i consider pvp. Especially when there is a time limit to the duel. I could just run away and get a constant draw. How fun is that..

Just as in D2. Summons and slow does not belong in pvp.

Sure, id duel another summoner with my summoner.

But true PVP needs very specific for me to enjoy. I got 4000+ health and max resists and a totem can kill me in seconds... A totem? Tack on being slowed and minions all over me how fair is that?

Unless of course i grab my summoner...

I just like 1 on 1 duels with no coward play. I don't care if people play defensive all the time.. But the 3 things i mentioned are indeed cowardly and not fun in pvp.

"
KirbyHH wrote:

They want pvp their way. They dont want curses and they die to curses. So they blame a defensive curse (guys, we need more defense or at least less damage in pvp!) for making pvp bad.

I take it you never pvpd in D2.

Back in the day a balista+clegs would usually mean instant death for any melee class due to slowness.

Its not the curse its the effect.

Being slowed to a snails pace is lame.. Even decrep was not that bad.

this game not d2 as you noticed
so if you want surrender to some skill it your own way of pvp
in this game all things can be countered and it only your own problem that you dont want to learn
"
kiersz wrote:
this game not d2 as you noticed
so if you want surrender to some skill it your own way of pvp
in this game all things can be countered and it only your own problem that you dont want to learn

Actually D2 pvp was better. Pre enigmas.

And honestly...I counter it by avoiding dueling these people. Simple as that.

There is NO way to counter temporal chains. Flasks don't count since they don't refil.

Cast temporal chains and spam totem for damage. How is that pvp?

It basically turns you into a snail and the totems act like other players.

If you attack the totem the player attacks you.

If you attack the player the totem attacks you.

Of course the other options are build a lame pvp build like that and fight fire with fire. IS that what you think PVP is all about? Lame vs lame?

Or maybe i can just play defensive too. And that way it ends in a draw constantly.

Because most of these players using totem spamming, summons and temporal chains are just waiting for that player to come to them.. So they can slow them and avoid the duel while everything else duels for them. Just like in PVM.

Thats not pvp pal. No matter how you choose to work it.
"
Vooodu wrote:

Actually D2 pvp was better. Pre enigmas.

go play d2
"
Vooodu wrote:

And honestly...I counter it by avoiding dueling these people. Simple as that.

it called lose
"
Vooodu wrote:

There is NO way to counter temporal chains.

i know 3 way to counter it
"
Vooodu wrote:

Flasks don't count since they don't refil.

they are refill
"
Vooodu wrote:

Cast temporal chains and spam totem for damage. How is that pvp?

it called tactic and it can be countered
"
Vooodu wrote:

It basically turns you into a snail and the totems act like other players.

totem not a player
"
Vooodu wrote:

If you attack the totem the player attacks you.

you cant attack totem rly they are oneshot things
"
Vooodu wrote:

If you attack the player the totem attacks you.

then deal with totem first or make yourself so fat that totem cand do anything to you
"
Vooodu wrote:

Of course the other options are build a lame pvp build like that and fight fire with fire.

yea we know that you want win vs all with your current build and dont want to make anything for it
"
Vooodu wrote:

IS that what you think PVP is all about? Lame vs lame?

yea all build that owned you lame its plain and simple ^__^
"
Vooodu wrote:

Or maybe i can just play defensive too. And that way it ends in a draw constantly.

if you cant win why not make draw thats normal
"
Vooodu wrote:

Because most of these players using totem spamming, summons and temporal chains are just waiting for that player to come to them.. So they can slow them and avoid the duel while everything else duels for them. Just like in PVM.

what bad in this ?
"
Vooodu wrote:

Thats not pvp pal.

surrender to skill on sight - thats not pvp pal
"
kiersz wrote:
Blah blah blah.

Im not even gonna bother responding to your load of bull'.

Currently, pvp in this game is bad. I love this game and think for pvp to be awesome i needs to be balanced in some sort of way.

Your utter non-sense and load of lies makes me believe the only reason you are being so defensive about my post is because you actually spam totems and temporal chains and run.

Feel free to add me so we can duel. You seem to think im bitching because im bad. Well, i actually have a lvl 80 character that can do all these things. Im actually a person guilty of doing this so i know how unfair it is to anyone actually looking for a legit kind of pvp.

I want to see you counter this without resorting to using the same tatic as me.

Flask..Laughable. You will be slowed and mowed in seconds.

Please come and prove me wrong.
Last edited by Vooodu on Mar 1, 2013, 1:02:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info