Temporal Chains...

Made my PvP experience... horrible. It just wasn't fun being slowed like that the entire set of rounds, every matchup. :/

/rant
ign BluedreaM
LvL92 411k Crit Dagger Shadow

Ban temporal chains, it's either the two people have it and the first who missed the application has a disadvantage (or forgetting than applying temporal chains > anything), or 1 people doesn't have it and it's 5-0

c/c of another post

I started to use elemental weakness instead of temporal chains, and it's really great, if there is another casters don't hesitate to try it, temporal chain is a bit unfun
I have tried my first PVP game and was slaughtered by TC too.

I am not rushing to say it is OP, but if everyone is either using it or gotten owned by it, it will be no fun.
I agree about TC. Im 66 Mara ans I have two choices... eather use TC to have a chance to win or... not use it and get totally owned.

Btw.. WTB TC :)
They can't "ban" temporal chains. That's unintuitive and really ungraceful.

The best way to handle it is to introduce more mechanics to counter and resist curses. They just added a new flask mod that does this.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
They can't "ban" temporal chains. That's unintuitive and really ungraceful.

The best way to handle it is to introduce more mechanics to counter and resist curses. They just added a new flask mod that does this.

not really if its something that could potentially ruin PVP as a whole..

flasks arent going to do anything.. whoever is using TC can just use Phase run, run around untill the flask is done and cast it again..

And do you really think people will have enough curse flasks for 5+ rounds?
Temporal chains don't have a place in PvP.

I waited until I actually played it to leave a comment, but it is pretty much what I expected. If someone cast chains on you - you either cast it back or you die. Curse removing flasks are good in theory, but then the players simply recast the curse and the flasks eventually run out. Everyone in end-game has high enough mana/life regen so that even if the curse is expensive to recast it doesn't really matter.

This of course means that if everyone is forced to use chains other curses are simply not going to be used at all. For example - I cannot benefit from increased critical strikes curse when I am too slowed down to actually hit the other guy. Or maybe if people want to use other curses everyone will need to run those uniques that allow additional curses. Then Chains will be a given and then you will actually get to use a curse.

If we leave balance aside there is another major reason temporal chains must go - being slowed down is simply not fun for anyone. Every single build in this game uses either faster attacks or faster casting support gems and of course 30% movement speed boots. It doesn't take a genius to figure out people don't like being slow. Find me one player who will sincerely say they enjoy playing a slow attacking/moving character.

I know it is the developers goal/philosophy to entirely translate the pve skill system into pvp, but in this case they might need to make an exception. They can always keep nerfing it down until it's something barely noticeable like 10% effectiveness at level 20 if that will make everyone feel better, but really why bother at all if that is going to be the case. I for one would be very happy to wake up one day to see patch notes saying that chains no longer has any effect in pvp.
Not worried about it anymore. It's whateva
ign BluedreaM
LvL92 411k Crit Dagger Shadow

Last edited by BLU3DR3AM on Dec 11, 2012, 3:19:46 AM
I´m agree, temporal chains has no place in pvp.
They are not op, you can perfectly counter them whit a flask whit an increased flak time effect and get 10 sec of curse imunaty easily. Lots of time to kill someone. Plus if you are a marauder full strengh you can also leap for your foe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info