Temporal Chains...

"
cautioncones wrote:
if you dont like temporal chains then grab a potion that grants you immunity to curses for the duration

In a BO9 round PvP match you will run out of those potions. Maybe it could work if you manage to win the first round refilling them a little. But if you lose you will be in trouble if that was your way of dealing with temp chains. And the only way I can see to counter it is to use it yourself (bad game design).
Last edited by Grildrak on Feb 18, 2013, 3:36:02 PM
"
Grildrak wrote:
"
DarkNRG wrote:
You either have it or you lose. plain and simple.

This is the problem. It is boring. I use it so I am not saying it should be reworked/hard nerfed/removed just because I lost to it some game. In a good PvP multiple curses should be viable. It is not so as it is now (other then maybe for cold witches that want to lower your resist so you will freeze more).

You can use Vulnerability, a Lower-Resist-Curse or Enfeeble. If they fit your playstyle more. They are almost as strong or even stronger than Temporal Chains. Temporal Chains is not the one-and-only curse.

But, to be competitve, you have to use a curse (or maybe two, als Hexmaster/WoD). If you don't use curses and lose to curse-users, maybe you have to rethink your build/strategy.

Or counter the curse with a potion. At least, you CAN counter curses quite effective. Unlike Flickerstrike-Melees, Bear-Trap-Spam, Perma-Frost or Resolute Technique as an Evasion-Char.
"
KirbyHH wrote:

You can use Vulnerability, a Lower-Resist-Curse or Enfeeble. If they fit your playstyle more. They are almost as strong or even stronger than Temporal Chains. Temporal Chains is not the one-and-only curse.

Lower resist for cold can be useful as it will allow more freezing other then that temp chain is just better then the rest. Sure you could use something else and win some games but I am saying you would have won harder with temp chain.

"
KirbyHH wrote:

But, to be competitve, you have to use a curse (or maybe two, als Hexmaster/WoD). If you don't use curses and lose to curse-users, maybe you have to rethink your build/strategy.

dual curse is probably really good and so is iron reflexes but I cant see how that is related to the topic. One of those 2 curses would anyhow be a temp chain.

"
KirbyHH wrote:

Or counter the curse with a potion. At least, you CAN counter curses quite effective. Unlike Flickerstrike-Melees, Bear-Trap-Spam, Perma-Frost or Resolute Technique as an Evasion-Char.

Finding a counter is not a problem as every one can (and are) using temp chains themselfs. And even so trying potions would just be a waste (maybe it could work if you got them refilled after every round but you do not).

But in the end this is not the biggest problem atm (perma freeze (77% cold resist is as good as 0% if you don't have mass hp (CI and pain attuenment for example are really really under powered due to that)) and map imbalances (you can see 50% further towards your opponent if you spawn south of your opponent) are my top concerns). It is just that rebalancing the for PvP single most used curse would be a really easy thing to do and would improve atleast something somewhat.
Last edited by Grildrak on Feb 18, 2013, 6:13:50 PM
In my experience its not even the movement or attack speed decrease that makes TC so brutal. It's that it slows your stun recovery making it much easier to be stunlocked to death as well as the increased status ailment duration.
Seems a little overpowered(hey its beta, so it's not the end of the world)
Maybe change the effect to have only half the effect on players?
"
Surutcra wrote:
They are not op, you can perfectly counter them whit a flask whit an increased flak time effect and get 10 sec of curse imunaty easily. Lots of time to kill someone. Plus if you are a marauder full strengh you can also leap for your foe.

lol... No you can't counter it.

TC has no place in PVP.

Hell, id say all curses have no place in pvp.
"
Vooodu wrote:

TC has no place in PVP.

Flasks of immunity. On a granite with 20% quality it dispells the curse then gives you 4.8 seconds where they can't recast it. Times that by 2 charges and 5 flasks, gives you plenty of time to kill the other guy.
IGN: _Firebitch
You could even use a 20% quicksilver flask, that would be 6 seconds of immunity, together with the "Ample" prefix (+10-20 extra charges) that would be 3 uses, so you´d be 18 seconds straightout immune against curses.

best regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Feb 28, 2013, 2:48:37 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Vooodu wrote:

TC has no place in PVP.

Flasks of immunity. On a granite with 20% quality it dispells the curse then gives you 4.8 seconds where they can't recast it. Times that by 2 charges and 5 flasks, gives you plenty of time to kill the other guy.

So basically i need to roll with 5 remove curse flasks for pvp?...Helll NOOooO!

Besides.

Its not as if those flasks recharge after every battle. That just means that players just have to run/avoid that player till the flask wears off. Its a losing battle.

And really, this will mean everyone will start to use TC. Which is lame.

Face it. A curse like that dooes NOT belong in PVP. Simple as that. No point defending this.

Currently, i refuse to duel anyone with spell damage totems, minions or Temporal Chains. Don't care really.

If i see any of those I mentioned casted im out.
"
Vooodu wrote:

So basically i need to roll with 5 remove curse flasks for pvp?...Helll NOOooO!

Ofc you need 5 remove curse flasks if you want to play PvP and atleast 8 remove freeze/chill. It is balanced, it is just you that fail at equiping all those 20 flasks (or yourself use the stuff you needed those 20 flasks to counter).
Last edited by Grildrak on Feb 28, 2013, 4:44:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info