Temporal Chains...

Well, all this bashing on Temp Chains I can somehow understand, It IS annoying...

What I still do NOT get, though you tried to explain it, is the summon and totem thing.

I mean the summons are just oneshots, refill your flasks (with curse removal, but nvm) and grant charges, so why is that a bad thing? Yeah, maybe it´s annoying, but then it comes down to a "I-don´t like it so you don´t play it" argument and that is just bad. Simply your opinion with nothing to back it up.

And the totems? You said that "D2 pvp was better" but you may remember, there was a skill from the Assassin called "Lightning Sentry", which dealt tremendous amounts of damage and was... a trap! It could not even be attacked. And while the Assassin could place three of them at the same time, so you could consider yourself dead when you came into traprange (unless you overstacked Lightres and used Lightabsorb from 2x Whisp and T-Gods), she could still deal damage herself, and when you faced a WWsin that damage was really considerable. Here you at least have the option to attack the totem! You can actually do sth against those annoying shooting things! How is having no means of countering better than having options to deal with something? I don´t get it!

Again, I get the frustration about Temp Chains, but not the other things...

best regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
"
Vooodu wrote:
"
kiersz wrote:
poor man
you have such hard life
lol

upd ok ok i understand curses totems op but skels ?? are you serious

Have you ever dueled a temporal chains, totem spamming summoners?

Like i said, i don't care. Im looking for certain people to duel when i duel.

And someone running away spamming skells, slow curse and totems are not what i consider pvp. Especially when there is a time limit to the duel. I could just run away and get a constant draw. How fun is that..

Just as in D2. Summons and slow does not belong in pvp.

Sure, id duel another summoner with my summoner.

But true PVP needs very specific for me to enjoy. I got 4000+ health and max resists and a totem can kill me in seconds... A totem? Tack on being slowed and minions all over me how fair is that?

Unless of course i grab my summoner...

I just like 1 on 1 duels with no coward play. I don't care if people play defensive all the time.. But the 3 things i mentioned are indeed cowardly and not fun in pvp.

ok man plain and simple here it is, no 1 build is complete vs others...U need to be equipped in a balanced way to defend against quite a few builds. I counter summoners so easy by spamming decoy totem lvl 1 LOL. its sickening when u drag their entire army away that they hide in and quicksilver flask into them after u temporal chains them. my friend quit his summoner pvp build because of decoy totem lvl 1.....
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 1, 2013, 9:00:26 PM
"
"
Wushiva wrote:
What amuses me the most is people complaining about getting owned in PvP, while most if not all whiners go in the arena with a PvE build/PvE gear, how do you expect to win then?

Learn to counter, figure out builds on your own, test certain skills in PvP before crying on the forums for a nerf please. The game is pretty balanced in PvP as it is, IF you are willing to use your intellect and figure out a counter/good pvp builds.

For example an anti-curse hp pot with increased duration etc, almost 10 sec immunity to curses, completely nullifying a very important part of your opponents build (If he went for perma curses)So naturally you should be able to outdps/outplay him during those 10 seconds. You didn't? Just pop another one and try again!

I wholeheartedly agree. people are crying about temporal chains....use lightning warp, whirling blades, leapslam, quicksilver flask, immune curse flask, or play a char that can bear trap them and slowly run with temporal chains and beat the hell outta them regardless.

I actually think temportal chains is mandatory for melee chars trying to run down increased movement speed kiting builds. seriously do u know how frustrating it is to almost hit someone but since they are a tad bit faster your guy stops to attack slowly "raaaaaaawwwwwwg" and misses and the the time u recover from the swing they are a mile away freezing or hitting u with projectiles?

You have completely misunderstood the point of the thread. No one is crying over losing to it (well maybe someone is) we just think it is really bad game design when you have to use a specific curse if you are going to play PvP. I am using it myself so why on earth would I cry about it being op when I lose against someone else using it??

You said yourself "I actually think temportal chains is mandatory for melee chars.." And that is exactly the point. It is not just mandatory for melee characters. It is also equaly mandatory for ranged characters t(he only exception would be those using sold spells that like to get longer freezes by using the cold curse).
It is not mandatory though. It is a strong curse but just cursing your opponent won't win the match for you. Besides what happens if it gets removed ? People will start using another one, and then we are back at square 1 until all curses/skills are removed and we can go auto-attack all over each other.
"
dzordzo wrote:
It is not mandatory though. It is a strong curse but just cursing your opponent won't win the match for you. Besides what happens if it gets removed ? People will start using another one, and then we are back at square 1 until all curses/skills are removed and we can go auto-attack all over each other.

Thats not true. Its just...

Currently, temporal chains is just lame in pvp.

And PVP right now isn't not exactly looking to good for POE. As it stands more and more people are using that curse in PVP. That is a problem.

Herp a Derp.. I can slow you. Herp a derp i can slow you back.

Now we are both slow.... Sounds liek the future of pvp to me.

"
dzordzo wrote:

No one is asking for it to be removed. What is needed is at least a rebalancing of it (maybe later on a rework if nerfing it wasent possible without making it totally useless in PvE). People should be picking different curses depending on what build and what play style they prefer, not just equip temp chains when ever we feel like playing some PvP (because that is what we all do as it is now).

You can make straw man arguments all day saying we are just sad because we lost to it or that we want it removed and that we are on a slippery slope to removing everything in the game but that is just silly. It is really really easy to see how bad temporal chain is (game design wise) for PvP and PoE. As Vooodu said:

"
Vooodu wrote:

That is a far to accurate description of what the PoE PvP is as it is now.

I am sorry if any one is offended by this but seriously you need to be fairly thick not to see the problem.

Edit: And you guys can scream flasks all day long, I dont care. PvP is BO9. You can have 5 flasks. Those flasks wont get refilled unless you win the round so if you are going to burn through all your dispel curse flasks long before the match is over. And people are also loving to call everyone complaining on perma freeze for noobs telling them to use flasks (and as I said you can only use 5). And in the end even if flasks would be a good way to deal with curses that is still not even related to the problem of temporal chains being the far best curse for ~95% of the characters playing PvP!

Just to make it absolutely clear it is not that curses are too good. The problem is just that temp chain is too good compared to the other curses when it comes to PvP.
Last edited by Grildrak on Mar 5, 2013, 4:55:41 AM
Temporal Chains is OP in PvP with permanent curses.

I think its effectiveness should be reduced by like 25%
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Use a warding flask stop QQQQQQQQQQQ.
"
Lordsidro wrote:
Use 5 warding flask stop QQQQQQQQQQQ.

fixed it for you
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Mar 14, 2013, 2:55:03 PM
"
Vooodu wrote:

Thats not true. Its just...

Currently, temporal chains is just lame in pvp.

And PVP right now isn't not exactly looking to good for POE. As it stands more and more people are using that curse in PVP. That is a problem.

Dude I pvp all day and I get hit with elemental weakness all day as well as critical weakness and flammability. I think the problem is you are just going against the same 5 opponents who use temp chains lol
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info