Build of the Week, Season 2 Episode 2 Build Submission Thread

Lvl 49 at time of post Nemesis league

Concept: Using avatar of fire, and infernal blow to do huge fire damage with detonating the corpses, while still having a large amount of survivability in melee.

Using a 1 handed mace, and shield and picking up the mace nodes near the templar starting tree provides enough damage to on hit most packs of mobs solo and 2-3 hit them in parties with flamability. templar also has a larg amount of health and elemental resist nodes near it and maurader to help with surviving melee, as well as elemental reflect.

I take resolute technique to avoid critting on elemental reflect mobs and instant killing myself as well as the fact templar has a very large lack of dex and accuracy nodes. ( at lvl 43 i had around 4k dps on infernal blow and one hit a elemental reflect mob who also ahd volatile stormblood, due to this i went from 2500 hp to 250, if i had of crit it would have been over 0_0 )

Gems: I run two seperate infernal blows, although this is just personal preffence for me.

First is for single target damage
-Infernal Blow
-Weapon Elemental
-Melee Physical
-Added Fire Damage

This gem setup is based around high amounts of damage for a single target (rares or bosses) and works well thus far in cruel with flamability, if needed i have a leveled fire pen gem ready to swap in for one of the damage gems

Second for aoe mob clearing
-Infernal Blow
-Melee Splash

This is the bread and butter of the build, the wow factor comes from these 2 gems together. The melee splash applies the effect of infernal blow to the majority of the monsters around you, thus when you kill one they all proceed to explode for 25% of their maximum life which causes devastating effects to large packs of mobs. ( this is where your single target can come into play as well, making use of it higher damage to kill a rare or monster with alot of hp to deal immense explosion damage to all of the other targets which you have marked with the aoe infernal blow)

Flamability, enduring cry are also recommended but do not require links.

All gems noted in this build are obtainable through the quest rewards given to the templar, meaning you can save your currency items for buying (or rolling if you're as lucky as me :D) good one hand maces which will be the core item your build with focus on.

All and all this build is very fun to play solo in parts and is very effective both ways. in solo gameplay you will generally have enough damage to obliterate packs in one hit.

Where as in groups your damage will always be significant no matter how many people are present due to the fact you deal a flat 25% of any monster that dies health *It doesn't matter if you get the killing blow as long as within 2 seconds of being struck by infernal blow it dies*

Level 20 passive Tree

Level 30 passive Tree
Level 40 passive Tree

Level 50 passive Tree
Last edited by DragonCutta on Oct 28, 2013, 12:01:06 AM
I'm probably late now, but...

SoundChaserOfFire - Level 48 Templar

He's an Avatar of Fire Templar who uses one offensive skill: Infernal Blow. I wanted to try out Avatar of Fire so I could scale a high damage two-handed weapon (with new and improved damage in 1.0.0!) with fire/elemental passives. I realized that Infernal Blow would be perfect for this. I could convert 100% of my physical damage to fire damage which would get pretty insane with a combination of physical and elemental passives. I use Melee Splash with Infernal Blow, and I can pretty much one-shot an entire screen. The corpse explosions from each target's death stack and do damage to each other, meaning that the bigger the pack, the more damage they all take from each other. I also have Enduring Cry because my character can be rather squishy at times. I also use Anger to add some more fire damage. I have Resolute Technique just so I can be consistent (which matters more when you have a slow-attacking character who needs to hit and run).
Last edited by SoundChaser83 on Oct 28, 2013, 1:40:27 AM
"I would have died for my Templar Brothers, every single one."

Build name: Die Hard.
Character Name: Ampere_Joule.
Level: 47.
Class: Templar (I really liked his history. And he is noble, old and tough!).

Intro: I always dreamed into make a full tank character. I almost got it on Diablo II. Here it is working better then I thought! PS: I really like when the mobs get hitting me and my HP doesn't drop.

Passive Skills: Resolute Technique (hits can't be evaded), +%Armour, +%ShieldArmour, +%AllResistances, +%Life, +%MaxLifeRegen. (I just got those which were near my start point. But I am always changing it to get the max of those i said.

Gems: Determination, Vitality, Rejuvenation Totem, Infernal Blow + MeleeSpalsh + BloodMagic, GoundSlam + BloodMagic. (PS: I am upping my ReducedManaCost Gem to use Determination and Vitality at the same time) (PS: My objective is use Infernal Blow + FirePenetration + MeleeSplash + BloodMagic to do damage, it will be: Anti-tank, anti-necromancers and cleans all mobs very fast)

Equipments: High Armour Gear (including Shield), +MaxLife, +%AnyResistance.

Conclusion: Since few monsters does Chaos Damage or has MagicPenetration, I can play tranquilly :).

PS: It is so soft to play that I play using Joystick with the software "Joy2Key", which is really more confortable.

Last edited by AmpereJoule on Oct 30, 2013, 12:34:31 AM
Late to the party? Well also new to the game. I decided to make a Marauder, as it seemed simple. I am going to need more time though...

Versatile Blooded Marauder

Name:CorruptedBunny
Level: 45 (As of this edit.)

Why this build?

This build is not equipment specific. You can make use of this with whatever weapon or armor you find around. In addition, all the core aspects of this build will be in place by about level 30, allowing the player plenty of freedom to expand how they wish. You also don't need to use much skill to make full use of this build, making it beginner friendly. Even the skills themselves are flexible, only limited by your weapon choice.

As a new player, with no stocked up gear, the focus is on passive skills that improve survivability.

Skills:

What skills you use is player choice here.

In this particular character build, I use heavy blow + multi attack + life drain for only a few targets. Sweep + multi attack + Life drain for groups of enemies, and Cyclone + Life drain if I am taking a lot of damage. I also have Leap Bash for moving around the map and closing in at a distance. Multiattack is optional here (I got lucky), but it does make your life easier.

Defense:

Attack is your best defense here. Each swing heals you, and each kill even more so.

Equipment:

You want to go with equipment that has Life on hit, Life on kill, life regeneration and life drain. Hammers and armor are ideal if you stay pure STR, but you are free to use swords, axes, even staffs.

As for Flasks, A Sapping Flask of Gluttony is your best friend here, though Panicked and Iron skin flasks will also serve you well.

Core Passives:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS42uvKcCyhulyftrKpyqXzZ9zL460Gq378Ucacw974UIFBHGJE=

Passives (current):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecLKBQgFHEYkRkuGlUbyCftKaU2ujboOK05lkGqQzFE504qUEdQUFRJWGNbr14TXz9hIWSjajtul3KpfNmE74cpjM-fy6cwqBisqrZBud3G2NSP2GndDd-_51LvDvIv8pz2SPcy97746w==

Start with troll blood, then swing through to heart of the gladiator and Diamond skin. From there, slip around till your just short of purity of essence before picking up Resolute technique, then blood magic. Keep going for bloodless and blood drinker. You should be ~level 30-35 at that point, completing the build just as you finish normal mode.

From there, you got options to take this anyway you wish. Spending just 6 more points, you can gain +60 to Dex, or +60 Int. You also don't need to complete the path above to gain those nodes without a big detour to do so. Aim for Golems blood if you want even more life Regen, or go after Unwavering Stance/Iron reflexes for some serious armor boosting (The path I am currently taking). Aiming for damage+ and weapon skills is also possible. Alternatively, head up and into aura and curse territory, learning some magic to go with your blood magic. Mana, Critical, and Accuracy nodes are not needed.
Last edited by RTiger on Nov 2, 2013, 6:39:05 PM
hello, originally the creator of the 'titty bitch' summoner build (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/425067/page/1) is back, adjusted my spec and playstyle for 1.0 :)

http://www.twitch.tv/sampudrinker/c/3151291

summoners are back, and stronger then ever, time for a showcase, and i'll glady provide all the information, tips and tricks
@Sampudrinker
Stream: www.twitch.tv/sampudrinker
This characters name is HotGram

Im not sure if this builds already been submitted, But I focused my scion on Being an archer summoner. I figured it was the one thing no other class can do, and it seemed like a good combo for survivability especially in the new nemesis mode. (sadly i still died by act 3)

The equipments focuses on Dex/int items so evasion and energy shield, and primary weapon is a bow.

For abilities, i went for summon skeletons with spectres and animate weapons. I decided not to run zombies just because I kind of wanted the whole spawn into battle feel. As for actual attacks I ran burning arrow poison arrow and rain of arrows. I found the slowing effect of poison arrow works really perfectly when you shoot it at your minions, and it seems to keep them alive way longer.

For support gems theres only minion damage. Heres a link to the passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcVICU_Kk0s6T8nSshaUlqRaHRqrGwWgseD25M6lKCbXah9qJq0Gs5x0_vYTdpi2o3dDeLL8pf56PxL

In the end i want to add the skeleton spawning to a spell totem so you just place the totem get a distance away and start spraying with your bow...
Last edited by Gramoobi on Oct 29, 2013, 1:19:37 AM
Scion ph 2H melee (can be arranged to 1H) "Play whatever you want".

Currently at level 72 I am playing with leap and HS 5Ls, cat on damage (lvl 4) + molten + endurance + immortal, domination + splash (for auras or need a bait) , temporal chains, hatred, clarity (lvl 12), artic armour (lvl 1) and blood rage

So basically its use the scion start and the trigger to improve an old playable style and let you freedom to adapt to several circunstances

About the gear just cap ele resis and have around +20 to chaos for BR, life, get a good amount of armour/ev, some mana leech, life leech if you want even more, then just improve ph damage and attack speed

act 2 bandits-> always oak

First 15 levels

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABOygDlm49YEODCQhnkzq9Jxg8-ei-vILkkBGKr0rI

Next its life

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABOygDlm49YEODCQhnkzq9Jxg8-ei-vILkkBGKr0rIbqq18jWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_grnY4jxrFmpbmxGcmwyCXgNWK826AHnpzD3vhQgUEc=

Next 17 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABOygDlm49YEODCQhnkzq9Jxg8-ei-vILkkBGKr0rIbqq18jWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_grnY4jxrFmpbmxGcmwyCXgNWK826AHnpzD3vhQgUEcUcUGq-Ov3MnKpfNlkoxpVYSGE73Tteu9gSwUtQKAS4Z65

Before go into deep duelist

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABOygDlm49YEODCQhnkzq9Jxg8-ei-vILkkBGKr0rIbqq18jWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_grnY4jxrFmpbmxGcmwyCXgNWK826AHnpzD3vhQgUEcUcUGq-Ov3MnKpfNlkoxpVYSGE73Tteu9gSwUtQKAS4Z65IWB08RjbW69OKimln8vdDfzFZ6CHdkp9

Ending

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABOygDlm49YEODCQhnkzq9Jxg8-ei-vILkkBGKr0rIbqq18jWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_grnY4jxrFmpbmxGcmwyCXgNWK826AHnpzD3vhQgUEcUcUGq-Ov3MnKpfNlkoxpVYSGE73Tteu9gSwUtQKAS4Z65IWB08RjbW69OKimln8vdDfzFZ6CHdkp9h2qQbKmUhNkl3xv6pBluab6nxLjV-GVNR36rxb2BmSs=

Final

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecCcQOWBLMFLRLhFCAUcRjbGjgaVRv6IWAl3ymlMZ4yCTWSNug62DrhOyhAoEGqR35KfUrITdhN404qUEdYr1nzW69gQ2BLYSFko2VNZ6BsRm49bmluqnJscql07XTxeA1673zZgW-C5IMJhNmE74dqh3aI8YqvkAqQEZBVkGyZK548nrmfy6QZplenMKeEqW6plKvFrFmsqrXyvYG-p768wBrdDd7B5K3nY-w48kX3Mve--Ov8xf4K_o-MdvAfFE2iAKloLdJmnvrSNunjaiSqGYVnWA==

So why the mana reg and max? just in case is there a map with 50% mana reg, or I fail several leaps
And why int nodes? I needed them

Last edited by GedPoE on Oct 29, 2013, 12:53:52 PM
*deleted because it does not fit in this weeks theme
Last edited by Pendulu on Oct 28, 2013, 11:07:54 AM
Hi.

I've wanted to post this somewhere in the vastness of this great forum, and been searching for the right place.. and it seems that I've found it.

I'd like to give you SwithinMauve, my "Grinding Cyclone - Infernal Blow Duelist".

First off, I'd like to say that I started this character on Anarchy, mostly because after about one month of playing I had some low level 2-handed uniques I just wanted to try out.

Now, at level 83, I can say it is by far my most easily playable character. Currently, it is quite lovely equipped, but I'd dare to say that it's not very equipment-dependent (I just happen to be lucky in terms of very good drops).

Why I'm proposing this build:
For POE beginners, I'd even say that it is the character to start with, so you won't quit after 3 hours of playing. Essentially, Duelists are great because they have access to a lot of life nodes, resists, armour and damage, as well as mobility, due to the Leather and Stone key, which "Ignores all movement penalties". With the new Scion right on top, the new nodes and new gems, this Duelist is practically invincible. Really, it does not die, unless there's a lot of desync involved.

Gear:
This is my gear. However, it should be regarded more as indicative.

Weapon:

Helm:

Gloves:

Boots:

Rings & amulet & belt

Now, Daresso's Salute is quite important, because of the extra damage it provides, but not completely necessary (when running on maps with chaos taken over time, the damage from Daresso's doesn't kick in as much because you're almost never at max life, but that does not mean that the character can't manage), so don't spend your currency, unless you reeeaaally need to have it, cuz it's a legacy item nowadays, and pretty expensive (in my case, back in the day (:))) ), it dropped on Ledge, the place where wonderful things happen).

Skills:
During the first levels, I used a combination of cleave and double strike, but that didn't last that long and it wasn't very impressive. As soon as they became available (at the NPCs'), I started using the following:

Infernal Blow linked with Melee Spash + Melee Physical Damage (you can also go with Weapon Elemental Damage, because of the fire damage of Infernal Blow) + whatever else you want (I went with IIR & IIQ, just for the fun of it and better item drops)

It really doesn't need much advertising. Besides doing great damage, have you ever seen a screen full of monsters explode? It's rather magical. Go try.

Cyclone + Life on Hit + Mana Leech + IIR

Now, Cyclone is my main attack, meaning I use it in most cases, and it represents the attack that makes this character an awesomely invincible one. Using Life on Hit on Cyclone basically means that as long as you've got mana, and you don't get desync-ed much, you don't die. Getting mana is a bit of a problem early in the game, but as soon as Mana Leech becomes available, that isn't an issue anymore.

Of course, using Multistrike really buffs Cyclone, but also causes huge desync, so I've stopped using it after a few levels. I've put Cyclone on Bringer of Rain, and obviously the helmet provides a good boost, but I've played with Cyclone without Bringer of Rain, and it does the same thing, maybe just a little slower.

The best thing about Cyclone is that, as far as I'm concerned, it only needs LoH and Mana Leech to really work, and thus only a 3-linked item. 4-linked items are better, because you can add IIR or IIQ and make your stash a lot wealthier, and anything beyond 4-linked... well, just go wild!

Also, Leap slam for moving easier around maps. Never forget Leap slam.

Auras:
Before the release, I used both Determination and Grace. Now, I only use Determination (and it's ok, although I thought at first it wouldn't).

This is mainly due to the fact that Duelists don't have a really large mana pool available, but with a little mana regen, and some lovely Mana reduce points on the skill tree, that's all you're gonna need.

So don't sob over other auras, just think damage taken reduction.

Defense:
Offence is the best defense. That does not mean that the character cannot withstand damage. E.g. merciless Dominus is a hell of a boss, and the character did die once (desync and a little too much in-your-face approach on my side), but Cyclone and LoH really did their jobs ok. (BTW, I still play on my laptop, so when I'm saying 'desync', it's not what you big boys experience on your high-end gamer PCs... it's hell).

The game release brought on a few very interesting gems, such as Cast on Damage Taken, which I've linked with the oh-so-obvious Enduring Cry and Immortal Call, to which I've added Warlord's Mark. I'm not leveling Cast on Damage Taken, so it can basically trigger at all times, which makes playing the Duelist so much more easier.

Skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecFLQ_MEuEUIBRNFHEYkRkuGlUb-iXfJ-0pLimlMHUxnjIJNdY26DrhPC1BqkUKRmlHfkrITP9OKlBHVElYr18_YEthIWSjZU1nm2qTbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTtd-N4DXrvfNmC5IOxhNmE74dqiPGKr5ARkGyZK5rMn8uiAKQZplemZKcwqWipbqmUq8Wsqqy6rj6vbLXytkG53b2Bvqe-vMAPxLjFismY0k3Uj9Xt1fjh2udS52PvDvAf8i_yRfTG9zL3vvjr_go=

Important passives:

Iron Reflexes, Unwavering Stance & Resolute Technique - all very close to the Duelist, because of the Skill Tree Change.

Also, the new resist and life points next to the Scion are awesome!

Pros:
Easy to level (1-75)
Easy to gear (as I've said, going for a Bringer of Rain or Marohi might be a target, but it's not a must)
Unlikely to die
Easy to play
More than 4-linked items are great, but not a must

Cons
Can't really think of any

I've reached a point where there's not much I can do to the character anymore, except for playing and enjoying it. I've reached that point since maybe lvl 2. As I said in the beginning, I was fortunate to have some really good low-level unique 2-handers, but I've recreated this build in other scenarios where I didn't have any kind of gear (new league, races), and it's worked beautifully.

I've mostly gone solo (both Bringer and Marohi dropped when I played alone, if anyone's wondering), but used it in parties as well, and I think that it's a good tanking-character, while also doing quite a lot of damage.

I think I've said all there is to say.

Thanks for reading! :)

"
JoanGrimm wrote:
Hi.

I've wanted to post this somewhere in the vastness of this great forum, and been searching for the right place.. and it seems that I've found it.

I'd like to give you SwithinMauve, my "Grinding Cyclone - Infernal Blow Duelist".

First off, I'd like to say that I started this character on Anarchy, mostly because after about one month of playing I had some low level 2-handed uniques I just wanted to try out.

Now, at level 83, I can say it is by far my most easily playable character. Currently, it is quite lovely equipped, but I'd dare to say that it's not very equipment-dependent (I just happen to be lucky in terms of very good drops).

Why I'm proposing this build:
For POE beginners, I'd even say that it is the character to start with, so you won't quit after 3 hours of playing. Essentially, Duelists are great because they have access to a lot of life nodes, resists, armour and damage, as well as mobility, due to the Leather and Stone key, which "Ignores all movement penalties". With the new Scion right on top, the new nodes and new gems, this Duelist is practically invincible. Really, it does not die, unless there's a lot of desync involved.

Gear:
This is my gear. However, it should be regarded more as indicative.

Weapon:

Helm:

Gloves:

Boots:

Rings & amulet & belt

Now, Daresso's Salute is quite important, because of the extra damage it provides, but not completely necessary (when running on maps with chaos taken over time, the damage from Daresso's doesn't kick in as much because you're almost never at max life, but that does not mean that the character can't manage), so don't spend your currency, unless you reeeaaally need to have it, cuz it's a legacy item nowadays, and pretty expensive (in my case, back in the day (:))) ), it dropped on Ledge, the place where wonderful things happen).

Skills:
During the first levels, I used a combination of cleave and double strike, but that didn't last that long and it wasn't very impressive. As soon as they became available (at the NPCs'), I started using the following:

Infernal Blow linked with Melee Spash + Melee Physical Damage (you can also go with Weapon Elemental Damage, because of the fire damage of Infernal Blow) + whatever else you want (I went with IIR & IIQ, just for the fun of it and better item drops)

It really doesn't need much advertising. Besides doing great damage, have you ever seen a screen full of monsters explode? It's rather magical. Go try.

Cyclone + Life on Hit + Mana Leech + IIR

Now, Cyclone is my main attack, meaning I use it in most cases, and it represents the attack that makes this character an awesomely invincible one. Using Life on Hit on Cyclone basically means that as long as you've got mana, and you don't get desync-ed much, you don't die. Getting mana is a bit of a problem early in the game, but as soon as Mana Leech becomes available, that isn't an issue anymore.

Of course, using Multistrike really buffs Cyclone, but also causes huge desync, so I've stopped using it after a few levels. I've put Cyclone on Bringer of Rain, and obviously the helmet provides a good boost, but I've played with Cyclone without Bringer of Rain, and it does the same thing, maybe just a little slower.

The best thing about Cyclone is that, as far as I'm concerned, it only needs LoH and Mana Leech to really work, and thus only a 3-linked item. 4-linked items are better, because you can add IIR or IIQ and make your stash a lot wealthier, and anything beyond 4-linked... well, just go wild!

Also, Leap slam for moving easier around maps. Never forget Leap slam.

Auras:
Before the release, I used both Determination and Grace. Now, I only use Determination (and it's ok, although I thought at first it wouldn't).

This is mainly due to the fact that Duelists don't have a really large mana pool available, but with a little mana regen, and some lovely Mana reduce points on the skill tree, that's all you're gonna need.

So don't sob over other auras, just think damage taken reduction.

Defense:
Offence is the best defense. That does not mean that the character cannot withstand damage. E.g. merciless Dominus is a hell of a boss, and the character did die once (desync and a little too much in-your-face approach on my side), but Cyclone and LoH really did their jobs ok. (BTW, I still play on my laptop, so when I'm saying 'desync', it's not what you big boys experience on your high-end gamer PCs... it's hell).

The game release brought on a few very interesting gems, such as Cast on Damage Taken, which I've linked with the oh-so-obvious Enduring Cry and Immortal Call, to which I've added Warlord's Mark. I'm not leveling Cast on Damage Taken, so it can basically trigger at all times, which makes playing the Duelist so much more easier.

Skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecFLQ_MEuEUIBRNFHEYkRkuGlUb-iXfJ-0pLimlMHUxnjIJNdY26DrhPC1BqkUKRmlHfkrITP9OKlBHVElYr18_YEthIWSjZU1nm2qTbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTtd-N4DXrvfNmC5IOxhNmE74dqiPGKr5ARkGyZK5rMn8uiAKQZplemZKcwqWipbqmUq8Wsqqy6rj6vbLXytkG53b2Bvqe-vMAPxLjFismY0k3Uj9Xt1fjh2udS52PvDvAf8i_yRfTG9zL3vvjr_go=

Important passives:

Iron Reflexes, Unwavering Stance & Resolute Technique - all very close to the Duelist, because of the Skill Tree Change.

Also, the new resist and life points next to the Scion are awesome!

Pros:
Easy to level (1-75)
Easy to gear (as I've said, going for a Bringer of Rain or Marohi might be a target, but it's not a must)
Unlikely to die
Easy to play
More than 4-linked items are great, but not a must

Cons
Can't really think of any

I've reached a point where there's not much I can do to the character anymore, except for playing and enjoying it. I've reached that point since maybe lvl 2. As I said in the beginning, I was fortunate to have some really good low-level unique 2-handers, but I've recreated this build in other scenarios where I didn't have any kind of gear (new league, races), and it's worked beautifully.

I've mostly gone solo (both Bringer and Marohi dropped when I played alone, if anyone's wondering), but used it in parties as well, and I think that it's a good tanking-character, while also doing quite a lot of damage.

I think I've said all there is to say.

Thanks for reading! :)

pick her, pick her :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info