Build of the Week, Season 2 Episode 2 Build Submission Thread

Character and Gear
MorsexierSlam - (hes level 59, but hes in my level 45 self found gear + only used 53 skill points). Every piece of gear or gem is self found with the exception of Multistrike and Purity Aura (though I happened to find Multistrike on this character, you can't expect to do that).

Multistrike can be easily aquired in most leagues, purity for an Alchemy Orb just about anywhere.

Why play this class and spec?
The best class to start off playing in Path of Exile is Marauder for a number of reasons:

1. Life based characters end up being easier to play in a less expensive way
2. Has access to the best range of gems to play a hybrid between tank\melee
3. Ground Slam and Leap Slam are just plain fun abilities, especially when coupled with multistrike!

You are amazingly versatile for farming as this build. You have a character that is tanky, well positioned to Freeze single targets with your supported Glacial Hammer, you have very nice Life Regeneration in order to deal with most situations, and Multistrike is just the icing on the cake because it auto Aims for attacks 2 and 3 after the first attack.

You have two options with this build - for zones where there are heavy hitting melee monsters you can Multistrike Ground Slam to kill them from ranged, for example Vaal Ruins.

For zones with ranged monsters that try to maintain their distance, you can easily switch to Multistrike Leap Slam to easily close the distance and handle those monsters that tend to scatter once you engage them.

Of utmost priority for this build since you will not get the Keystone "BloodMagic" is finding one piece of gear with Mana Leech on it. Since your build is primarily Physical damage, as little as 1% leech on any of these pieces: Ring, Belt, Weapon or Glove will suffice and allow you to easily continuously attack monsters.

Grabbing the Keystone Blood Drinker is enough life leech for most encounters, and finding or trading for a Granite Flask to help with tougher Rare monsters is a something to consider based on the quality of your gear (Granites are like American Express, I never leave Lioneye's without it).

Gameplay
You have all the tools to handle any encounter in the game:

1. Ranged Monsters - Leap Slam
2. Melee - Ground Slam
3. Rares\Bosses - Glacial Hammer which with this build has a very high chance to chill or freeze these mobs, making the fight that much easier.

You run Purity for resists, and hatred to buff your DPS (The best Aura for Physical Damage based characters).

You use Warlord's mark to gain even more leech(Life and Mana), and endurance charges on kill. Cast when Damage taken when used with Enduring Cry is a great and very new addition, and I highly recommend trading for this as soon as you can. Pro tip: Do not level Cast on Damage taken so it triggers a lot! You can even link a curse and it will curse the mobs that hit you

I always recommend this build because it can be played from level 1 - 85, and can be tweaked as your familiarity with the game grows. When I made this build for ExilePro, most of the questions were, "When can I do X, or What level of weapon\damage do I need to do Y".

I like this build because the answer to that question is that when you feel comfortable killing monsters in the zone you are in, you can progress and you will find that you can kill any boss you encounter.

Gear

Late edit: I've added in cast when damage taken, as it is far and away the best melee defensive gem in the history of PoE. With it you can focus totally on killing mobs.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Oct 28, 2013, 6:20:45 AM
LolTrapsGoBoom

Full on trapper (Elemental Equilibrium), 3 traps, fire/light/shock
playing as life

basicly you cycle between elemental traps to -160, elemental ailement and "kill"

it's a close prox, "caster" to tighten trap deployment, so trigger range makes all of them fire.

Damage comes from pickping up trap nodes, trap gems you get from lvling as shadow including multitrap
and getting the -resist reductions.

the benefits, traps are extremely well at slowboating bosses.
you can choose to kite, place traps. to significantly reduce lvling risk.
while it might not be the fastest route to endgame. it will most likely be one of the safest.

or you can opt to play more agressive, tighten the trap radius by getting closer and dealing more effective damage.

the setup is so that you can roll into an endgame trapper, you can basicly do this trap spec from start to end with traps, some sub 30 lvls might require you to have an alternative skill to cope with trap cooldown however.

Last edited by Tyrlith on Oct 25, 2013, 4:26:17 AM
some nice builds here will submit my own soon
Last edited by Xantaria on Oct 25, 2013, 9:06:23 AM
Awesome submissions so far, keep it coming guys!

Like the fact that it will be a accessible leveling build this time. :)
Retracted my build because i didnt see the theme
Last edited by Kamro on Oct 28, 2013, 6:05:57 AM
BlueLeggins is a broken character.

The build is simple.

Key skills:

Dual curse (Temporal Chains + Elemental Weakness)
Instant mine detonation (Freezing mine + Elemental prolif)
Dual totem (Freezing pulse)

In action I pop a freezing mine and the curses the enemies lose their cold resistance and get frozen. Then freezing pulse totems start doing work while the main character keeps cursing and frozing.
Dying in Hardcore Path of Exile is a sentence worse than simple death - Softcore.
Every new league I do the exact same thing. I make a summoner focussed around IR, so farm up items for my new builds(In anarchy I played self found, and thanks to this build, I was able to support a few gear heavy dependend builds, like another summoner using BoR/MG or Soultaker FS etc). I personally find this the most effective build to start off with, mostly because there is a lot of customization in the build itself: They all work, you just have to find whatever fits you best :)

It is a regular summoner, based on Specters.

Spoiler
Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBB2MNjRCXEZYUsBcvGYUaOBpsHNwdqiL0JDwkqiSwJ6ko-ilPKpgspi9vNAo26TdmN4M5UjowOthEBEZxRtdJUU25TdhObU99VcZV1lcrWAdabVqRXcZk52qsa9tsC3B9cLtzU30YfdJ_xoBWgKSCx4MJhWCG0YhAjHaPRpAzkFWTJ5uhna6mrKbrpwinXKeEqH2qxKyYsHe0DLUEuJO8N7-Xw23JPcy8z2XQ0NP72QvZE-GI42rkIuaB6rrr7uwY7DjsivF28h731_no-oD60g==

Bandit rewards: 40 life/skillpoint/skillpoint

So we have zombies linked to Minion Life + Minion Speed + something to your liking(Minion Damage/Remote mine/Lifeleech will all work)

We have Specters, with a lot of variaty. I personally use Burned Miscreations, which require me to link them to minion life, Minion ele Resistance, and Increased burning Damage(once i get a 5 linked, I'll go with Increased AoE)
A different, but strong specter is the Fire sentinel, which do fine with Increased minion Damage, Increased minion Life and LMP/Minion resistance
Another populair specter is de tentacle miscreations, which are a must to use with LMP + Minion life + Minion Damage.
Any of the cleave bears work miracles too with Minion Life + Multistrike + Minion Damage + Minion speed/Life leech
I'm looking at the new monsters as well, as far as I see, the gatling gun lizard and the shield minions have potential, but like I said, still looking into those.

Skeletons can be cast from the summoner or by totem. I prefer casting them by hand, but that's just because I use them to block enemy projectiles. I linked them with Faster Casting only, to keep the mana costs low.
If you put them in a totem, just skeletons and a spell totem should work.

If you cast skeletons by hand, you have room for one totem. I like the rejuvenation totem, but a decoy totem is also very strong.

Aura's are important. In my build, I aim for at least 2, maybe 3 aura's, namely: vitality, Purity and Discipline. All linked with a reduced mana gem ofcourse.

Dual Curses, depending on what summons you use.
Enfeeble + Temp Chains is a must for defensive options. But is nice to have some offensive ones as well. I carry Vulnerability and Elemental weakness with me, so I can swap into those when I need them.

As for gear.. important mods to look out for(Try to get at least 2 of these mods on your items):
Shield: (high!)Resists/armor
Weapon: Resists/cast speed/Mana regen(DPS, weapon type doesn't matter)
Rings/Amul: IR/Resists/HP/Cast Speed/Mana regen/ES
Helm: +1 Minion gems/IR/Resists/HP/ES
Belt: HP/ES/Resists/Flask charge rate
Gloves: IR/Resists/HP/ES
Boots: IR/Movement speed/Resists/HP/ES

Animation flasks are very important, and a great substitute untill you can get your hands on a vitality or rejuv totem. I always carry at least 2 with me, aim for 4 in my final build(2 health, 2 hybrid).
A QuickSilver is a must as well.

Like I said, a very basic build, but imo a great one to promote. It's hard to fail this build(even without items it's still strong and decent in terms of survivability). It limits the variation but still gives the user a few options to personalize. It's strong soloing, even from early on(Use something like firetrap or firestorm while levelling untill the specters can hold their ground), unlike what most people guess, it's actually pretty interesting, you are supporting your army with curses, resummoning, and attacking at the same time.
Great soloing(dominus is impossible solo though), and even better for partying(even during Dominus, it's awesome).
You don't spec a lot in defenses, but that's not needed for this build. Zombies and skeletons are a great damage soakers. Once you learn how to play against AoE targets as well, you won't die at all(maybe during bosses though)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Oh I can't wait to see what cool builds we're going to have this season. So much joy ^_^
The 85 facebreakers and the 94 EA build itching to share their builds. Your time will come guys.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Movement speed build. I get the feeling this is going to go the way of season 1 episode 9, and require somewhat of a toning down in the next patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjLiqSZ8TE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info