Build of the Week, Season 2 Episode 2 Build Submission Thread

SPAMMA FLAMMA HAMMA

Dis be de best build in de game. You be spamma flamma hammas at de bad guys.

SKILL:

Spamma Hamma. You be needen to steal one from a pretty little blond lady. "Hallo lady! Gimme ur green gem. It be nice in mah hamma." All other weapons be derp.

Dunt level ur gem past...er...one, twoo, twee. Yus, twee. You be flexin, not reflexin.

Also, linky with der:

Added Fire Damage
Life Gain on Hit
Knockback
Fire Penetration

Also get Leap Slammin to jump around.

BUILD:

Start at de marauda. Den put der points in life and stuffs to resolut tech...er RT. Den go down to Blood Magic (ew), den go down to der Iron Grip. (I has en iron grip, don't be askin why.)

Den put points in der hammas.

LIKE DIS:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYRkuJ-2sqnKpfNn3MvjrQarfvxRxDjw6UjJ-D8ymZMmYGJFQRxQgpzD3vp7Nduf_sATkddBR5rQvQT9E5xznajsg8PGKJ08=

After you do dat, den get der templa er dueler hammas. Tey dunt be needin dem.

EQUIPMENT:

Hamma.
Sheeld.
Strong armors.

Gits stuff with lif and strong and fires.

GAMEPLAY:

See de bad guy. Trow de hamma. Den, if bad guy run at you, den you run away. BUT DONT BE FORGETTIN TO TROW MOAR HAMMAS.

If bad guy dont run at you, dey be a wizzard. Den leapy slam at dem, DEN trow hammas.

FINAL NOTE:

Trow hammas reeeeeely hard.
My puncture cast on crit arc bow witch is pretty fun. Im to lazy to make a video of in in action but shock stacked mobs bleeding out with extra gore effect is quite enjoyable to watch :)

P.S. I'm looking forward to puncture buff :)
Last edited by Pfinch on Oct 28, 2013, 7:33:00 PM
The Unholy Saint (Support Based Build - should be played with a team, but can be done solo)

Gear

Statistics:

-Level 75
-295 health (802 is reserved)
-3437 Energy Shield with mediocre ES gear.
-80/80/71 resists, with 3 endurance charges up, fully capped at 80/80/80.
-75% chaos resistance
-39% chance to evade attacks with JUST grace (and like 100 evasion off a ring) at level 74, with a mediocre reflexes Jade flasks I have 59% chance to evade attacks.
-177 Energy Shield regenerated per second with Zealots Oath. (Passives + vitality auras)
-56.7 mana regen per second, I can reasonably keep my minion army up. I could see this becoming stronger with focused equipment.
-14% increased movespeed with just Haste, I dont even have MS on my boots!

Talking Points:
-You can run 7 auras easily with Prisim Guardian and a reduced mana cost + passive tree reductions. I am currently running Discipline, Purity, Grace, Vitality, Haste, Wrath, Clarity.

-ALL of your auras are HYPER POWERED, +70% aura effect for allies, +91% for yourself. Do you even understand how powerful that is? Your almost getting 100% extra from all your auras on yourself. I have 80% to all ele resists with purity and elemental adaption.

-You run Conduit for Endurance and Frenzy charges.

-You run minions to be a shield for you and your allies. With all your auras, your minions are agents of destruction, and I don't even have all my minion passives yet. . .

-With purity and the passive tree boosts, you have INSANE resists just from the aura, and with Prisim Guardian your resists are basically capped. You'd need only 1 or two pieces of gear with a elemental resist mod mod to finish them off. Not to mention, Endurance charges give you resists, you have no excuse not being capped with ease.

-You dont need to have shavvs to make this work, although it would help. With your gear fully free to gear as you choose, you can stack chaos resist on all your gear to cap at 75% chaos resist with only a reasonable sum of chaos spent, I think I spent like... half an exalt total to get all my chaos resist gear (I already had the chest). I am sitting comfortably at 75% chaos resist and 2 instant potions to keep me alive if need be VS chaos. On chaos dmg maps I can just regret zealots oath and not give a damn.

-You can choose your curse to run, I run enfeeble. If I ever reach 90+ with this character, I will be able to duel curse, and I will be a walking support god.
----
The raw amount of support you bring with this kind of build cannot be matched, whatsoever. You bring INSANE amounts of survivability, and you can bring GREAT damage with your offensive auras, you could also run Hatred instead of one aura depending on your weapon choice.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Oct 29, 2013, 12:19:05 PM
Character: Wraecism

Level 43 Scion
Pinball Ninja

Main skill: Shield Charge

Linked with: Melee Splash, Mana Leech (this will later be as a Ring Mod) - Remember this is a leveling build right now!
(soon to be Faster Attacks, Knockback, others)

Supporting Gems: Smoke Mine (bonus to movement speed, too), Hatred for extra damage and cold-slowing defense (Enduring Cry as well, haven't touched it yet)

May use Lightning Warp with Decreased Duration later for movement if nodes don't work well with faster laying of mines.

Initialize fight with Smoke Mine, charge into a group, activate mine, rinse and repeat.

Even if one mine is used, the cloud allows you to repeatedly slam into a group of monsters without a huge risk of overwhelming damage. The blind, coupled with your high life pool/regen, will allow you to continually bash and knockback your enemies.

Eventually looking to include Mace passives with Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold and Knockback (Marauder nodes).
http://twitch.tv/carpola - Check me out!
Last edited by carpola on Oct 28, 2013, 9:47:32 PM
Pretty fun Templar build.

Ground slam + gain endurance charge on stun + other dmg supports gems

Immortal call + cast on damage taken.

Just make sure you take reduced stun threshold nodes, I like 2 handed maces for this build. Also take as many mace dmg nodes as humanly possible to maximize those deeps.

oh and it should go without saying grab as a templar and marad. endurance charge nodes as well as side with oak in merc

Last edited by Wootness on Oct 28, 2013, 10:17:22 PM
My build is:
a LEAP-SLAMMER!
Plus =>
1.) With qually-Gem ("reduced mana"; and the head: Alpha' Howl)
U can run 3 Auras, such as Purity, Grace and Determination.
That means Resistance to all => 80 !!
2.) My build has (I think) all for everyone. Vita, Resi, dammage,
and damage-reduction. At least 15k with Grace and Determination.
3.) With Multistrike and the trigger-gem U have no problems
with physical-refelcts! (trigger => molten shell, warlordsmark, and
immortal call). All over that U have VaalPact........

Minus =>
1.) Chaos-damage could be a Problem. In fact => Dominus has that
skill (chaos over time). An Amethyst-flask is helpfull, but U have
to attack, because Vaal-Pact helps U to get alive.
2.) With qually-Gems (such as attack-speed) in your gear,
disync is a problem!!! U can attack (even with Karohi Erqi)
as fast as U can say "sh*t". Sorry, but that sh*t disync-issue
is a problem; even for this character.
Sometimes U kill everything around U .... and U wonder why your
life is going down. And then => "boom" ... you are back to the
busstation. :-)
THAT IS REALLY ANNOYING!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wSzD1QS4RQgFE0ZLhv6JIsl3yftKLUqOC3SMZ41kjboOtg9D0CgRHJHfkp9SshN2E3jTipQR1RJVw1Yr1uvXzlhIWVNZ6Bqk25pbqpyqXgNfLt82X31gW-DOITEhNmHaod2inSMdpBskc6ZK548nrmezZ_LogCi6qQZplenMKloqW6plKyqtfK2QbndvYG-ir6nwA_EFcT2ypDSIdJN1I_V7dlh3Q3d4-dS7w7vTu988B_yL_Pd9778xf6P

Greetings from Germany

(GGG decided to place all these "Cold-damage-monsters" all over
the place. Such as Statue-Archers, Crit-Pulsers, Necromancers with
ice-curse, the IceSpear-Boss in the gardens and so on and on......
For that I really recommend Alphas Howl. What a pitty that this item
is a "must be"; but for this ice-sh+t I am not resposnible....)

My InGameName: Aui
Last edited by Aui on Oct 29, 2013, 10:30:11 PM
AlfaPOWA's Dualstriker 1.0.0
This build has become popular lately since people started discovering how fast and effective it is leveling up(and EASY!)
All gems needed are quest gems, and item demands are small(2% or more manaleech from items)

I'll paste the build below, and a link to the actual buildthread.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/506574/page/1

Currently for patch 1.0.0c

Build is now fully up to date with new sections too, like flasks etc.
Some ppl have started contacting me about the build and felt some parts where confusing.
Therefore i have now updated the writing of these sections for easier understanding.

Video section

Kole - Made this to show a little of how the build works
http://youtu.be/1LzpRsgjkPw

I have now solved the problems i had with dominus.
I'll try to get time to make a video of how to beat he's ass.
To be continued :)

Progress
Currently lvl 83, around 28K aoe dps.(tooltip dps, haven't calculated the real dps, and i also haven't acounted for the curse added on this. If someone want to help me calculate it on a google spreadsheet they are welcome, i'll post up all gear and nodechoices.)

What is this build about?
This is a build that focuses on strong physical damage with dualwield to utilize both dual strike, and the passive node blocks with dualwield for some extra survive.. It is built upon a HP based playstyle with enough regen for chaos maps(if you opt out of vaal pact), and MASSIVE leech since we are melee, and that abyssus is just soo good for dualwielders. Curse will be deployed for autodefence on hardhitters. Curse of choice is Q Enfeeble.(enfeeble for harder bosses in maps 70+ and that brutus etc.)
Also the new supportskill cast on damage taken is now used 4L combinations, it's still under testing if using immortal call is worth dumping the charges for.

Passive tree build variants

New buildtree, preliminary only
Spoiler

V1 of 1.0.0 tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAF4B5wOHBH4EsQW1BfkILgyNDUkR1RIgFfAXHRhNGNsZihmOGlUajxrbG60dyiFgIuoj9ii1KNsppSo4MgE0kzboOJY6WEBVQKBHfkp9TGBOKlPfVvpXl1jbWkhbr16LXzlgQWBLYSFjcGSjZU1ngGegb1dwcnTtdPF4SXrvg3yE2YTvhxmHdpAKlWaZK5smmy2bg5uNm7WeuZ_Lo4qoB7IZtMW2QbcXvYG-p8APypDN6s96z_jSTdN-3Q3d49_v6NbrFO2D7g7vTu_j7_D22vlj-wn8xQ==

V2 of 1.0.0 tree with more def
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAF4B5wOHBH4EsQW1BfkILgyNDUkR1RIgFfAXHRhNGNsZihmOGlUajxrbG60b-iFgIuoj9iXfKLUppSo4MgE0kzboOJY6WEBVQKBHfkp9TGBOKk7nU99W-leXWNtaSFuvXotfOWBBYEthIWNwZKNlTWeAZ6BvV3BydO108XhJeu9_f4N8hNmE74cZh3aQCpKAlWaZK5smmy2bg5uNm7WeuZ_Lo4qkGagHshm0xbZBtxe9gb6nwA_KkM3qz3rP-NJN037dDd3j6NbrFO2D7g7vTu_j7_D22vlj-wn8xQ==

Pre 1.0.0 builds, now obsolete
Spoiler

No vaal pact build
You will get problems with dual reflects and even normal reflectmobs(phys) with this build IF u choose the Abyssus as extra damage source.

Vaal pact build
You will be able to handle dual reflects with Abyssus on with this build, but it rely on better gear(more life needed), AND you have to take care from taking damage from ranged mobs, you need an agressive playstyle with this build, since you need to leech(can't pot)

Bandit Quest Reward Choices
Normal: Kill all the bandits for an extra passive skill point(you can also choose healthbonus)
Cruel: Help Kraityn for 8% attackspeed
Merciless: Kill all the bandits for an extra passive skill point

Pros and Cons of this Build
Pros
1. An extremely fun build, being able to take on any map mods
2. High accuracy being high dex build with added accuracy via nodes
3. Highspeed farming due to high killingspeed and whirling blades for movement(Great for maps)
4. Very easy to level up, as soon as u get a 4L, use dual strike, melee splash, melee phys and multistrike in the chain and it's a cakewalk until 65+ with find only gear!
5. Very easy to gear for, since the only thing that is mandatory is dual claws and 2% or more manaleech from gear, that's it!
6. Can take on dual reflect of both phys/elemental(not with abyssus, unless high armor/enfeeble)
Cons
1. For late game you want many 20 Q gems, it's gonna cost.. but not needed at all
2. Hard to find gear with all the stats wanted on the same item
3. A tad low HP since we are focusing on DPS instead(around 3-3,5K)

Gear
Spoiler

This is the gear i currently use, still much room for improvement

Flasks
Spoiler

This is the flasks i use

Needs no explanation
Needs no explanation
Converted this to bleedmod since Dominus, use in last part of fight to negate the bleedeffect or you will die!
Converted this to bleedmod since Dominus, use in last part of fight to negate the bleedeffect or you will die!
Anti freeze, what more needs to be said :)

Suggested links on gear
Spoiler

Claw1/2: Faster attacks-whirling blades-enfeeble / vulnerability-faster casting-added fire(to switch into the damagechain if u don't need the extra leech from life on hit)
Chestpiece: Dual strike(20Q)-melee splash(20Q)-Multistrike(20Q)-Melee physical(20Q)-life gain on hit(20Q), 5th slot can get switched around for added fire or item quantity as needed.
Last link would be weapon elemental with added fire in slot 5 to boost the dps to around 40K mark tooltip.
Head: Cast on damage taken - inc duration, molten shell, immortal call(still in testing)
Boots: Cast when damage taken - summon skeletons, enfeeble, enduring cry(still in testing)
Gloves: Reduced Mana - Grace, Hatred, portal (most important link to get going)

Stats
Spoiler

Stats at lvl 83 with auras on
1.0.0c, Defense shot is with 2 endurance charges and molten shell procced.

Leveling gems
Spoiler

Aura's
Use hatred and grace, and for the wishful.. we will try to find a way to get determination in there(if ever succesful)

Curse's
Curses should stop around lvl 10, +3-4lvls depending on how much extra intelligence you can get from gear.
Whirling blades is never to be leveled!

IMPORTANT!
Never level "cast on damage taken" gem!
this just increases the damage you need to take for it to proc.

All other gems should always be lvled.

Early gameplay
Spoiler

You should focus on getting gear with as much flat out damage mods as possible, since hp is NOT gonna restrict you thru normal difficulty.
In the early lvls try get up phys damage and attackspeed for faster leveling.
I made it to 65 in 7 hours with this build(had gear waiting in 10 level gaps)
Buy ungil's gauche*2, and mightflay*2, wormmolt is also recommend since you get the leech you need. and aren't so locked in certain gear while you level. Ultimately you want manaleech from gloves/rings/amulet

Late gameplay
Spoiler
Now is the time to start getting as much Life as possible on gear, you need that LIFE!
We are trying to run 2 aura's now, Grace and Hatred

On gear you should aim to get in life and flat physical damage, thou some gear NEED's to be all ress, nodes just don't cut it alone!

Passive tree while progressing
Spoiler

You should start aiming for unwavering stance, then hit diamond flesh and iron reflexes. from here on start making it upwards, taking as many life/evasion nodes you can, you need that life for merciless. Last nodes should be towards Gallantry and claws of Pride.
Important note! Get the lifeleech nodes for claws around lvl 60+, that means you need to rush upwards to them, but only if u got GOOD claws waiting, or want to start using abyssus.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecDhwR-BLER1RIgFfAXHRhNGNsaVRrbG60hYCP2JJ0ppTSTNug4ljpYQKBHfkp9TGBOKlPfVvpXl1jbWkhbr16LXzlgQWBLYSFjcGSjZU1ngGegcHJ07XTxeEl674N8hNmE74cZh3aQCpVmmSubLZuDnrmfy6gHtkG3F72BvqfAD8qQz_jSTdN-3Q3d4-4O7-Pv8Plj_MU=

How do i go about crafting?

My own little finders shop

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483

There's a couple of 2% manaleech gloves in there for sale. For those that need to get a hold on some.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483

Hello everyone,
I wanna show you the result of me playing around with the recently added "Cast on Crit" gem combined with Cyclone and discharge. You may think that Cyclone and Discharge dont fit with each other but they synergise very well in this build and you will see why.
This build has an insane clearspeed and it also is pretty safe if you get some decent gear.
I made this build on domination and therefore I can't provide you GG gear here nor 20/20 gems.

To prove that I'm not lying with the insane clearing speed I'm gonna leave this video here, it's me with medium gear clearing merciless ledge!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1O6CtHJR3g

Required Gear

Spoiler

Voll's protector is mandatory for this build since it provides us power charges every time!

The item's I'm gonna link now are not required for this build they just help you alot.

You want a dagger with as much crit chance as possible, 9.37 is NOT the maximum that you can possibly achieve but that's just because there was no better one until that point on this league, afaik the highest you can get on a dagger is 9.97.
In addition to high crit you can also look for spell damage on daggers but that's not required since your damage output is already insane.

Due to the Buff to Rat's nest in 1.0 it's an awesome choice for our build and it fits perfectly into it. With a close to 10% crit dagger this helmet provides us around 7% crit chance which is insane! The movement speed and the attack speed also synergise well with cyclone.

Those gloves also fit very well into our build since they provide us more damage and more crit chance, having a lot of crit is very important for our build since we want to cap out our critical strike chance to 95%.

If you can't afford some of the items I linked earlier you might think about using a diamond flask. You can see a list how the flask affects you here (http://i.imgur.com/uWbXXln.png im not taking credit for this list)

Pros

- Really fast clear speed.
- Safe farming
- High mobility
- Conduit for your party!

Cons

- Requires some unique items to work well
- Desync might be an issue since cyclone sometimes causes desync
- Due to Voll's protector we have reduced mana and the mana cost of cyclone is pretty high so but we can lower make up for that with the awesome life/mana nodes.
- Requires a 5 Link to work well

Mechanics

With alot of crit chance on our passive tree and on our gear plus a dagger with a high base critical strike chance we reach the Critical strike chance cap. The unique chestpiece Voll's protector gives us a power charge on each critical strike on an enemy, with our high crit chance that provides us always power charges.
The on the release added Skill gem cast on crit adds a chance to cast a spell on a critical strike. I chose Cyclone because it scales with Area of effect nodes like discharge does but it also attacks multiple times per second. Your single target attack is going to be frenzy because it's also going to provide you with frenzy charges and the mana cost is way lower than the mana cost from cyclone.
With the keynode vaal's pact in addition to the lifeleech gem we can survive reflect packs and also heal up in the fight.

Passive tree

Bandit rewards
Normal: Help oak for +40 life
Cruel: Help craitlyn for the extra attack speed
Merciless: Help alira for the extra power charge

Skills
5L= Cyclone + Increased critical strikes + Cast on crit + Discharge + Lifeleech
4L= Frenzy + lifeleech + cast on crit + discharge
2L= Cast on damage taken + enduring cry
2L= Lightning warp + reduced duration

This guide is not done yet, but neither is my character on domination. If I experience anything else that you'd have to know about this build I will definitely add it here.

Thanks for reading.
IGN: YWDL_LargoLaGrande
Last edited by hilliholli on Nov 2, 2013, 5:31:29 PM
"
hilliholli wrote:

This build looks incredibly interesting.
However, I have to ask - Lightning Thorns?

EDIT - also, vaal pact makes it so you have no life regen despite you branching off of the scion's life regen path, and having the strong 1.5 life regen from the duelist bottom... you might be better off without it? (why do you have life flasks btw?)
Last edited by lucksickle on Oct 30, 2013, 10:38:21 AM
Pillar of the Caged Marauder build

Hi Folks,

i would like to present you the build i thought up and am currently using on standard league.
It features one the most underused uniques in the game, the pillar of the caged god staff. with those recent changes i thought i would give it a spin and see if it is really as bad as everyone says it is. and its not!

the skills i use are pretty common i think, but here they go:

5L pillar: Infernal Blow, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, Life Leech, Melee Splash
4L: Heavy Strike, Multi Strike, Lifeleech, Melee Physical Damage
4L: Blood Magic, Cast on Damage taken, Enduring Cry, Molten Shell

Auras: Determination and Purity

This build focusses on being as tanky as possible and using the unique aspects of the staff to dish out good damage. As all of the staffs attributes compliment Infernal Blow pretty well and its pretty easy to stack them up while only taking defensive nodes on the tree, this build is very powerful. If you are interested in any gameplay features, let me know.

Skilltree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0VUBZvFy8ZLhmFGjgaVRvIHRQkiySqJLAn7SmlLdIxnjWSNug26TrYOuE8LT0PQzFHfkouTdhN404qUEdQUFRJVcZV1lcNWGNeE18_YEthIWSjZOdlTWaebmlyqXTtdud673y7fNl99YCkhNmE74bRh2qI8Yx2jM-PRpBVkGyRzp7Nn8uiAKZXpwinMKeEp6WpaKmUq8WsWayqtkG3PrlDud277b6nwBrEFcT2xYrGrsbYz2XQ0NIh1I_ZYdrd42rnUudj7DjvDvAf8i_yRfPd9kj60v4K_o8=

note that i dont use bloodmagic, a simple manaleech amulet is enough to sustain my manapool while letting me run both auras on mana too.

hope to hear from you!

Greetings from germany

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info