GGG Please Figure out how to stop Boosting (screenshots included)

"
StillSingle wrote:
Just a side note:

If GGG wrote the XP formulae in the program in the form:

XP = Base * (1 +(.5n)*1.3)

This is the same as giveing .65 extra experience per party member in the instance.

If the sharing happens all the time for all players in the instance, the boosting would not work. Assuming that players > 2 screens away from the kill get their XP set to 0.

ie:

Scenario 1:
player 1 kill enemy, player 2 is near.
XP shared, both players receive their share of XP based on current maths.

Scenario 2:
Player 1 kill enemy, player 2 is > 2 screens.
XP shared. player 1 receives the same share as in Scenario 1, player 2 XP set to 0 (ie doesn't matter what the maths came up with for player 2 share, it gets set to 0).

This would nerf boosting into the ground.

This would still benefit synergied parties.

This would still allow parties to go off and get some XP gains for killing harder enemies in the same instance as other party members. BUT, the XP boost would not be enough to overcome the time difference in killing vs finding mobs for a solo player.

Based on current XP mathematics, with the two changes being, XP always calculated as shared. XP of a kill for player > 2 screens is set to 0.

What do you guys think?

This is just what I said, only mine is slightly better.

Because you still have level difference issues.

If you have a level 80 and 5 level 1s, the level 80 player (near or far) will get 425% exp.

If you cap exp at even shares (in a 6 man party each person gets 16.666% of the exp) then solo killing with 6 people in the zone, or everyone working together each person would get a max of 16.66% of the exp per kill. So the only time you would want extra party members is when they were helping out.
I also think 2 screens (really its more like 1.2 screens) is way to small. It should be more and not really a great reason not to have it more.

Also, I think they should boost party EXP AND HP(of monsters) as I already said.
Because in a 6x party you are getting only 70.8% of the exp share kills. Which is pretty big hit less than solo (which of course is 100%) I dont believe parties even at base will ever be 30% more effect, heck I think they are mostly even good ones less effective. Granted the lower HP per EXP helps but I think in a party (and solo) HP of monsters at high levels are too low.
Look at the devs HC Temp Fix against Fillers ;D

Excellent news. From the next race on we may have more valid ranking results. (Unless I'm being trolled for some reason.)
Last edited by Ezhiel on Nov 2, 2012, 6:19:36 AM
Why should I troll you ask present players.

Those were fillers I used. You can clearly see their corpses and party screen including that's the Eternal Lab.
Wasn't accusing you of anything, if that wasn't clear. I can see what's on the pic but see no info about it anywhere else so you never know.

But again, good news.
Why is GGG allowing boosting on the ladders, especially players in the top ten as these players are going to gain alot of in-store credit and some even physical goods. I have no idea why it is allowed and why these will not be disqualified from gaining any of the rewards for the race.

And 90% of players boosting admit it freely, due to them believing it is helping the game, or that because it is only beta it does not matter, but GGG is already aware of the boosting situation so it should of been banned and prohibited. Not exactly a fair policy for those who do not boost.
"
Desbris wrote:
Why is GGG allowing boosting on the ladders, especially players in the top ten as these players are going to gain alot of in-store credit and some even physical goods. I have no idea why it is allowed and why these will not be disqualified from gaining any of the rewards for the race.

And 90% of players boosting admit it freely, due to them believing it is helping the game, or that because it is only beta it does not matter, but GGG is already aware of the boosting situation so it should of been banned and prohibited. Not exactly a fair policy for those who do not boost.

Boosting isnt breaking any rules. Which is why we want it fixed.
"
MrDDT wrote:
"
Desbris wrote:

Boosting isnt breaking any rules. Which is why we want it fixed.

That's what I am saying, why has GGG not outright banned this already?
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Amarena wrote:
First things first.

The first problem was leeching and it was slightly solved.
The problem now is boosting, lets solve this one and then think about bots (these are always in advantage over legit players).
The point is, you have to consider bots when you solve this problem, if you don't you can end up making bots stronger than non-botting players. The solution is to put a cap of some sort in place that prevents someone earning virtually all of the exp, it's a pretty easy fix and GGG will have it ready soon, I imagine.

Read my post carefully: bots will always have the adavantage over legit players. Other than that anything that will stop the current problem untill they come up with something better will do.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
After talking with a bunch of people they need to add a /player x option like d2 then work on finding a way to remove boosting completely from ladder races. If there's going to be boosting it should available to everyone rather than those who have the resources or friends with the resources to do so.

But I want to be clear, I rather see it removed completely but from all the math flying around (waaayyy the fuck over my head) it seems like a rather complicated issue.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info