GGG Please Figure out how to stop Boosting (screenshots included)

"
StillSingle wrote:
This is an amusing read.

MrDDT thinks that boosting needs a perma fix, as he believes the game is not intended to be able to played in this way (note, he is assuming intentions of use of GGG. GGG has not made any statements in regard to boosting that I'm aware of). Or half arsed dodgy quick pie in the sky fix that is circumventable will do.

Currently, boosting is allowed. Therefore, to be the best, you invest in the best resources you can get, and boost. If it's in the game, its in the game..... there is no moral boundary, eye of the beholder crapola :P it exists, it's not aginst the rules, it is therefore allowable.

Now, the reason it needs to be stopped has been hashed over throughout the thread (just skip the insult threads and mud slinging).

Solutions however seem to be meh.

PS: I hope I got your thoughts/intentions right there MrDDT. It was the gyst I was getting :)

EDIT: PPS: why do you think FPS players by the best surround sound headsets... they don't have to. but it improves their K/D ratio, or whatever measurement they use to determine how good they are doing. Having to invest doesn't make something wrong.

Perfect. Thanks. Sounds way better from you, because I come off as an ass.

Bottom line is it needs to be changed. Until its changed or they tell is its an exploit and you will be banned and this is what we think the exploit is, I'm going to be using it and likely so are the other top ranked people (Likely if you dont use it you wont be top ranked).
"
StillSingle wrote:
This is an amusing read.

MrDDT thinks that boosting needs a perma fix, as he believes the game is not intended to be able to played in this way (note, he is assuming intentions of use of GGG. GGG has not made any statements in regard to boosting that I'm aware of). Or half arsed dodgy quick pie in the sky fix that is circumventable will do.

Currently, boosting is allowed. Therefore, to be the best, you invest in the best resources you can get, and boost. If it's in the game, its in the game..... there is no moral boundary, eye of the beholder crapola :P it exists, it's not aginst the rules, it is therefore allowable.

Now, the reason it needs to be stopped has been hashed over throughout the thread (just skip the insult threads and mud slinging).

Solutions however seem to be meh.

PS: I hope I got your thoughts/intentions right there MrDDT. It was the gyst I was getting :)

EDIT: PPS: why do you think FPS players by the best surround sound headsets... they don't have to. but it improves their K/D ratio, or whatever measurement they use to determine how good they are doing. Having to invest doesn't make something wrong.

I don't see any insults being thrown around and you're not a mod so how bout you just let us talk about it. We don't need a chapperone to this party.

Another thing, call it "insulting" or not but you obviously don't know the slightest about FPS games if you're comparing this to using expensive peripherals in FPS games. This would be more like throwing some pylon bots into some kind of ranked game and repeatedly killing them to improve your rank among other players that are playing against each other. Kind of like "slumming" in quake live to improve your ELO. It's not against the rules exactly but makes people frown upon it for it's pathetic intent.
Beyeser - 77 Marauder
FuzzyClam - 80 Witch
FishyTaco - 74 Witch
Last edited by Badmotorfinger on Nov 5, 2012, 9:41:39 PM
"

I don't see any insults being thrown around (...)

only point in posting is to add insults to the pile

That's pretty classy.

This thread almost fell off the front page today, I wonder if we could just let it?
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Sure dad
Beyeser - 77 Marauder
FuzzyClam - 80 Witch
FishyTaco - 74 Witch
GIFT at its finest, in action folks.

Memes are lazy, I know, but just cbf.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
wow, seriously out of that entire post you got "Stop insulting people, I am a mod."? :O

perhaps my english is terrible.... but I'm pretty sure I didn't say that....

Thanks for the affirmation DDT. Glad we're on the same page.
My four year old pc can run six instances of the game. I'm willing to bet I could run at least four instances on my ancient E8400 system that was ~$600 new many years ago as well.

Hardware is a poor excuse. I have a 256gb SSD also which is a huge advantage. My loading screens are instant.
Last edited by Watlok on Nov 6, 2012, 12:49:20 AM
"
Watlok wrote:
My four year old pc can run six instances of the game. I'm willing to bet I could run at least four instances on my ancient E8400 system that was ~$600 new many years ago as well.

Hardware is a poor excuse. I have a 256gb SSD also which is a huge advantage. My loading screens are instant.

Sorry, but I simply don't believe an E8400 can run 4 simultaneous instances and still keep the main one at a playable framerate. I'd even go so far as to call it a physical impossibility.

You're also sidestepping the more common bottleneck, which is bandwidth, and repeating the ludicrous claim that the miniscule advantages gained from using a SSD are somehow comparable in terms of advantage to using multiple booster accounts.

And besides, the guy I was responding to already said he agrees and that it shouldn't be allowed. The part he disagreed on was whether it should be considered bad form to be doing it now while its still allowed. That's a completely seperate issue that only.affects epeen anyway.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Nov 6, 2012, 1:06:57 AM
Well this got off topic pretty quick.

Than back on topic.

Than derailed again.

I think for now, all that seems to matter is that we at least all agree that the exp benefit is definitely an issue. Some ideas have been presented, let's hope GGG does the right thing and gets this sorted out ASAP.

Keep the PERSONAL opinions about right/wrong in terms of using it now to yourselves, and lets not attack fellow members. It's a straightforward topic in terms of what has to change. I do wish GGG would come out and say something, but well, they haven't.

Cheers
I have a quick question to all who boosted during the race. If in the race descirption there was a line saying for example - If you boost, you get disqualified from the rewards pool - would you've even dared try to boost - maybe you'd get away with it, but maybe u won't, does anyone actualy know how hard it would be to identofy those individuals cuz I don't, but I'm kinda inclined to believe that it won't be so hard to check say top30-40-50 players. It's just a thing I was wondering about lately. I am curious? So?
Last edited by MyH4o on Nov 6, 2012, 2:11:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info