Animate Guardian

Idk if this is a bug or intentional, but AG cant get Endurance charges when linked to Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. All other minions like SRS, zombies, golems, spectres can.
I guess if its intentional its because he can share charges with u, but to actually stun a monster he needs quite good damage investment, plus he cant share it with other minions only players. So i think it would be fair to invest dmg and 4 gem slots(at lest so u can keep him alive) and other cons like losing the gear for at least 12%phys mitigation.

Hey guys, how will these boots effect guardian? Does the +curse apply to monsters as if I was wearing them? Also does the guardian get the enchant ability? Thanks for the info!
The Guardian would be able to apply two Curses. You are not wearing them, so you don't get the effect. The Guardian should benefit from the Enchant, yes; no reason it wouldn't work.
yeah i tested that and it only gives one curse, which is wrong based on the wording. It should say "you can apply 1 additional curse on enemies" if they wanted it to reflect how it really works.

lame
It doesn't specifically say that only you gain the Resists either. *shrug*
Your Guardian has an item with the modifier "enemies can have 1 additional Curse", and you do not. Your enemies cannot have +1 Curse.
i guess animate guardian can crit, will kongors undying be able to give him onslaught procs?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It doesn't specifically say that only you gain the Resists either. *shrug*
Your Guardian has an item with the modifier "enemies can have 1 additional Curse", and you do not. Your enemies cannot have +1 Curse.

To be fair, AG's enemy IS your enemy, just think the wording is wrong.
That pair of shoes (or necklace/rings) should be texted as - "YOU can have an additional curse on enemy" instead.
Last edited by lugaluga on Apr 15, 2016, 10:52:47 PM
Does anyone have information on whether the Enchantments actually work with Animate Guardian? I've gotten varying responses, but no one seems to know for sure.

Edited in: Just tested with Ondar's Clasp enchanted with Word of Winter. The Guardian is definitely not getting the Enchantment. No idea if it's a bug or intended though.
Last edited by Ariana on Apr 27, 2016, 6:28:08 PM
Hi !

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native tongue. Hope you'll understand what I'll try to say

I play to PoE since the release and I was always be attracted by minion skill. At the begening, minion skills was weak and very expensive to optimze. Now it's delicious to play.

But, one skill stay under the others : Animated Guardian.

2 patch ago, the guardian found a utility -> Buff other minions with leer cast/dying breath

But I would like to use him in a offensive way. All the build I imagine are impossible to create because there are too much restriction on the animate guardian

- No trigger gem
- No rampage (can't use the upcoming dancing dervish)
- No animate item with gem (can't use mjolnir for exemple)

Is it possible to think again his interactivity with item to make animate guardian funny to play?
For science I built a guardian with like 10 Ex worth of gear. GG two-hander, Koam's Heart, Bringer of Rain, Snakebite gloves and max roll Blood Dance Boots, with Aegis Aurora on myself (plus Necromantic Aegies), with double curse, all 3 damage Auras and Haste, and of course all the minion passives and whatnot. Also had a Clayshaper in the offhand for more damage (gives flat phys to minions.)

Damage was about comparable to a single Montregul's Grasp Zombie on a 4-link without as many buffs. When you factor in the silly AI, it does less.

There is something clearly wrong with this skill.

On the other hand, though, with double shield and some decent gear he is absolutely immortal. With all tank gear he can even eat Malformation Piety Beams without taking any damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info