Animate Guardian

From the 3.21 patch note:
"
Animated Weapons no longer randomly pause when moving or attacking

Could you please make AG also stop doing its "do nothing" animation?
Change this skill to not eat your gear when it dies. There are literally no other abilities in the ENTIRE GAME that do this. It makes no sense, and frankly, every time my AG dies, I really want to quite the game but I don't because of sunk cost fallacy at this point. Also, you guys have said multiple times that you value gear progression and player time, AG destroying its equipped gear is the polar opposite. Please support your words with your actions.

This is not a gearing thing by the way.
My AG had
Mask of the Stitched Demon
Garb of the Ephemeral
Southbound
Rare boots that capped all other resistances + had 2% life regen when hit
Kingmaker

and was affected by
Determination
Discipline (yes only gives life regen with mask)
Bone Offering
and Purity of Elements

And linked to
Meat Shield Support
Empower Support
Minion Life Support

in a lvl 21/20 gem

Thats 10-15div worth of gear and more ehp than 95% of all character builds out there. Still gets oneshot... very fun.

To be clear, I am not mad about my minion dying. I am mad about the lost investment, and the very clear waste of my time. Just let us recast the AG and have him come back with his gear, it's that simple.
could we possible get a UI for items for the AG?
like the follower in D2
My #1 feedback about this gem is that it should be summarily removed until it can be reworked. Reworked into what? I don't know. But I'm tired of my friend rolling a necro every league and then complaining his AG died due to a bug and he lost a few things. I'm also tired that EVERY SINGLE minion build basically requires an animate guardian gem in there, and most leagues you can't even use minion builds because of how krangled damage against minions is.

its had a good run, but needs to be put on the shelf for a while until something can be done about it.

IGN : Reamus
"
Andromansis wrote:
My #1 feedback about this gem is that it should be summarily removed until it can be reworked. Reworked into what? I don't know. But I'm tired of my friend rolling a necro every league and then complaining his AG died due to a bug and he lost a few things. I'm also tired that EVERY SINGLE minion build basically requires an animate guardian gem in there, and most leagues you can't even use minion builds because of how krangled damage against minions is.

its had a good run, but needs to be put on the shelf for a while until something can be done about it.

Totally agree with this ive played minion builds since they was introdouced the game
and you rely heavy on the AG for your dps output, yet i had my minion die in ToTA.... triple with just over 500 rating, because 1 shot, my AG is around 50-60k hp

they had alot of complaint about the ToTa 1 shotting AG's
They could have made ToTA pvp like system, so if you AG died it died, but you had your items still on your AG

but guess GGG will not fix it

so yeah remove AG and buff minion builds until you have a clear fix for it
Animate Guardian of Smiting keeps getting stucked or not able to hit a monster if the zombies or spectre surrounded it first.

it seems other minions are phasing? except the AG smiting
███۞████ಠ益ಠ██ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... Get ze Panzer and ze flammenwerfer - kentpachi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info