Animate Guardian

INFERNAL GUARDIAN

Just wanted to share my current Animate Guardian setup for the rest of the world to do with as they will.

Anomalous Animate Guardian for 60% increased Area of Effect
--with Ashes of the Stars amulet I add another 30% quality for 150% AoE--

Linked to:
Elemental Army Support (max resists/resist all)
Meat Shield Support (survivability)
Infernal Legion Support (23% quality for less fire damage taken).

Gear:
Rise of the Phoenix (Max Fire resist and Fire Resist)
Inpulsa's Broken Heart (corrupted 50% increased damage) (enemies he kills with Infernal Legion explode)
Storm's Gift (enemies he kills are shocked and the shocks spread)
Legacy of Fury (scorched enemies he kills burn surrounding enemies, also scorches nearby enemies)
Flamesight (corrupted 40% increased burning damage, scorches enemies that he hits which includes Inpulsa's pops).
Relentless Fury (Culling Strike, it's the only place I have it in my build so that the animate guardian gets the majority of kills. You could easily get a scepter with elemental damage, fire damage, and burning damage increases/multipliers but lose out on Culling Strike.

Ideally you'd want this link setup in a helm with +2 to minion gems, gems supported by burning damage support, and gems supported by minion damage support. Make sure to get all minion regeneration nodes on the passive tree. The more regen the better to offset the burning. If done correctly he can stand in your hideout without ever losing life.

What happens? Anytime the burning damage tick from Infernal Legion kills anything in his radius he gets credit for the kill. As long as he gets credit for the kill most everything on the screen will explode leaving very little to deal with (if anything). I've found this incredibly useful for opening strongboxes and for instantly activating Legion monoliths.

I use this in my dominating blow build with 100% fire conversion andFlammability curse. The animate guardian lands Elemental Army fire debuff and scorches anything he stands near.

Hopefully that sums it all up and I hope someone out there enjoys this setup as much as I do.
can someone please help me ive wasted too much on trying this. i had an animate guardian gem 21-20, took it off for a couple of weeks it never left my stash. put it back on the same character and now it doesnt work...i lost all its gear...sooo i tried to remake...dropped kingmaker and use the skill. kingmaker poofed and ....no guardian...wtf? so i buy another skill gem 21-20 brand new. drop brass dome...it poofs but no animate guardian....wtf am i doing wrong? tried relogging to no avail. please help this is frustrating and expensive
"
Germboy1987 wrote:
"
I will accept only one thing, that the items will not loose if it will be passive skills in the ascendancy of necromancers

I agree with this wholeheartedly as someone that just started dabbing into Necro. I have no problem with the gear losing part (as long as item drop becomes a necro passive skill) but it needs to be highlighted in the skill description instead of us finding out later when AG dies. The following are my suggestions to improve this:

3. This skill actually feels really punishing to players since they can potentially lose their investment out of nowhere. I feel like they should expand the gear drop on death mod from body armor to other gears.

I looked for a thread like this since I've just lost my guardian to what I assume was a metamorph dd... It is extremely disheartening to just loose everything. He had Kingmaker, the Mask and Ephemeral Edge, tree specced for block on minions and res, purity of elements and pretty sure bone offering was up as well... I overinvested into him after loosing my first one. It feel like with the new stuff added the base hp got raised by a lot so that DD is a more common risk now. He had like 75k life... I didnt think it possible and feel robbed. Gonna take a break from PoE for a bit...
Same thing as arkan1et. I really don't appreciate having to pay 15 to 20 ex to kit out a single skill gem and be able to loose all of that investment for no real reason. Sure it is basically a couple of free auras if you go kingmaker and victario's but I really don't think that is anywhere close to the most broken thing in POE. It just feels bad to loose that investment, especially when (to my knowledge) there isn't any other skill in the game with such a cost.

The other aspect about loosing the items is that the gear disappearing just doesn't make any logical sense in the context of the game. The gear our character wears cant break and doesn't have any durability. We don't lose items when we die. Stands to reason that it would all just drop to the ground by default rather than randomly yeeting off into the ether never to be seen again. That or just let it be resummoned like literally every other minion.
newest league/patch made this a dead gem. Even with tons of investment its just a wet noodle to overtuned mobs. it dies in red maps way too fast and you are left with nothing but a bad taste in your mouth. better remove the gem and put something more worthwhile in there unless you are an aura build and can actually keep it alive.
Animate Guardian NEED to get hp buff or some def buff. We investing some currency in this gem (in this league is alot harder) and he could easly die vs archnemesis mobs.... It is BROKEN now and need to be fixed rapidly. Please consider it GGG.

Eh so no one looking here. :(
Last edited by Vasetal on Aug 25, 2022, 7:05:45 AM
The Animate Guardian's 'do nothing' animation of it adjusting its helmet is a huge detriment to using it as an auto-attacking build and should be changed if there is design intent it to have it be used as such. I estimate that I am losing between 1/4 to 1/5th of expected DPS due to the frequency of this animation. Potentially it could be kept or adjusted based on if the minion is set as 'defensive' rather than 'aggressive' if there is merit in having it attempt to attack less often.

I agree with much of the sentiment in this thread that quality of life and better description would be especially appreciated with this gem due to its complexity compared to other gems. I do, however, understand the reality of the situation and hope for at least simply adjusting the animation frequency.

Thank you.
Last edited by notyvm on Sep 12, 2022, 12:20:45 AM
Poison Animate Weapon Necro: L90+

Invested in almost all tree defensive perks ; Tons of +Life; +Max Res ; Block via Bone Offering, AI set to meatshield[defensive], +Chaos Res, +Energy Shield, Life Regen, Convocation [just in case], Auras from player [determination and similar], ...

My Gearing: Bone Rings, Bone Helm, Ghastly Eye jewels, etc. ... low-to mid budget basics. No one piece over 5-10 Div.

AG Gearing: Low to mid budget gear. Mostly "defensive" unique items of varying cost. Didn't try a gearing strat that involved costs much more than 1/2 Div per gear slot.

While leveling from "nothing" around L70-85 I didn't expect much and that's what I got. AG died in low to mid-tier maps without tons of "killer mods", fairly "easy" Atlas passives [no extra-dangerous nodes], etc.

I figured "maybe it's supposed to be this way" .. maybe it's ONLY a somewhat reasonable option for L90+ characters with better defenses.

Tried again and while throwing better gear on seemed to help it was just a matter of [not much] time until an essence monster, the wrong Arch-Nem monster, etc. simply deleted the AG.

Recommendations: If the level of monster difficulty is going to remain the same THEN I'd like a way to resurrect the AG WITH their gear intact at some type of manageable cost.

Maybe something like 50C flat cost to resurrect OR if you want a formula maybe something like 1C per AG gem level + 5C per equipped unique on the AG.

This way AGs are not a completely "free" stat stick, it's still bothersome -- esp. in early mapping -- if one dies, it encourages more investment in the AG, ... If I could get the AG back then I'd be happy to use it -- as it is now it's just a needless drain on resources :(

Can someone help me to figure this out? Why my animate guardian cant pick up synthesized wand?

Also, I had rare gloves with implicit on them and when I clicked to pick them up my guardian disappeared and I lost all items. Why this is happening?
"
pakkomeister wrote:
Can someone help me to figure this out? Why my animate guardian cant pick up synthesized wand?

AGs can't use Wands in general.

"
pakkomeister wrote:
Also, I had rare gloves with implicit on them and when I clicked to pick them up my guardian disappeared and I lost all items. Why this is happening?

Were you using Fleshcrafter? Because if you were and you gave your AG gloves with a lot of chaos resistance it might have had more than 50% chaos resistance und thus instantly died on appearing because it converted 100% of it's life to energy shield.
Last edited by Corak_de on Feb 19, 2023, 1:11:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info