Animate Guardian

I get why people would want to strengthen the attack side of the guardian, but to expect that a single AI-controlled summon could clear a map for you in any reasonable amount of time is just not realistic. Basically GGG would have to allow to make it into a carbon-copy of yourself, which would open the door to afk-play. They will never do that, AG is meant to be a support, not your main source of damage.
my AG on my witch summoner haven't died in months now. in tough situation i die before and then can focuse on making sure to restart before he's dead. i think we the soon to be necromancer ascendancy point it'll be able to survive even more (with 10 zombies and 4 spectre friends).

It has been so long since i created him that i don't remember exacty what i geared him with. But i think it was springleaf, ambu's charge at least, uniques for helm and boots too i think.

the survavibility have been greatly increased since i wear Skullhead unique (+2% life regen for minion). added with the 2.5% life regen from tree : 4.5 % life regen from me

Added with springleaf it make a base 5.5% life regen per sec, pumping at 12.5% life regen per sec on low life. and of course quite some life leech as well. with all my items boosting minion life and all the boost from tree, AG is not a big tank. but for damage itself it's my srs/zombie/spectre/skelly that does it.
Last edited by Gholaduncan on Mar 10, 2016, 8:25:36 AM
useless and dead skill, need boost ASAP
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/img]
[post]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/post]
[attach]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/attach]
FIX SIGNATURE IMAGING
still think ag needs an aoe type attack

hes tanky enough now as is but agree his damage is not there and ive tried to make it work but found its still too much work for so little gain

hes still good as a support ally but i want him to be more then just a tanky aurabot
Nothing to note on the performance, seems pretty tanky when you link him up to a fortify and put him in a summoner build, but just thought of a way to make him better (not stats-wise, but just generally).

Since he is essentially another character resembling that of one of the seven classes (I think he uses the Templar model), what if we could apply decorative microtransactions to him? Say you can give him silver wings, apply it to the gem, and when he has headgear equipped, the silver wings would be applied to it. If he dies/changes headgear, the silver wings would disappear/transfer to the new one.

Just something I was thinking about while doing a 100-summon witch build, hope you guys at GGG could consider trying to implement this, thanks!

P.S. I call him Platypus
Fire Ferrets
A small error in the skill description: it says "you cannot animate unidentified weapons" but in fact this restriction applies to armours as well. Maybe change it to "you cannot animate unidentified items".
If Guardian drop his stuff after death can be OP. Otherwise, trash gem.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Without minion life passive nodes he's just not tanky enough for end game maps, even with gear like belly of the beast, southbound gloves and kaom's roots.

I wanted AG as extra aura/curse effectiveness for my support char. Linked it to fortify and minion life gem, but he died every time either to a beyond boss or village ruin boss for example.

I think he needs to be immune to bleed/chaos dots, since he can't avoid or counter those.
Not sure if this is a known bug or currently a WIP to get patched. equipped my AG with dying breath, leer cast, solid armor and boots. boots and armor brought his health well over 10k health. twice did a few runs and encountered the low-memory map crash CTD. rebooted the game and all minions were gone...everything. re-quipped my AG with just yellow +life and multi-res gear. game once again CTDed and similarly when i re-logged back into game all minions gone. My understanding is that AG is persistant until actually killed.
You should be able to get your Guardian back by casting it at empty space.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info