Animate Guardian

"
geffreyy wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
geffreyy wrote:
If socket onto an item the support gem cast on damage taken, along with a spell gem linked, and then give that item to my animated guardian will the animated guardian cast the spell on damage taken?
no

I don't understand why it doesn't work, or wouldn't work. "The Cast on _" gems are essentially procs, the character isn't casting it actively. Do uniques items that have procs proc with animated guardians?

You cannot use the Animate Guardian skill on an item with gems still socketed in it. If you could however, I imagine cwdt would work (and so would mjölner lol).

Unique items or corrupted items with procs or on-hit effects such as Zahndethus' Cassock or The Blood Reaper do work.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
geffreyy wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
geffreyy wrote:
If socket onto an item the support gem cast on damage taken, along with a spell gem linked, and then give that item to my animated guardian will the animated guardian cast the spell on damage taken?
no

I don't understand why it doesn't work, or wouldn't work.
Because Animate Guardian is a spell, and the only effect Cast on X support gems can have on spells is to cast them when the trigger occurs. That's fundamentally what happens when you socket a spell with a trigger gem.
Socketing Animate Guardian with Cast on Damage taken means that you'll cast Animate Guardian when you take damage.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 9, 2014, 9:23:48 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
geffreyy wrote:
Because Animate Guardian is a spell, and the only effect Cast on X support gems can have on spells is to cast them when the trigger occurs. That's fundamentally what happens when you socket a spell with a trigger gem.
Socketing Animate Guardian with Cast on Damage taken means that you'll cast Animate Guardian when you take damage.

I think the idea was to give the Cast on Damage Taken + Spell item to the animated guardian, rather than to link Cast on Damage Taken to the Animate Guardian gem. Same thing could apply to Cast on Melee Kill or Power Charge on Crit.

I imagine that when you consume the item for Animate Guardian, the gems aren't transferred with the item and instead are just lost.
^Yes, as mentioned I was asking if the proc gems would work if I equipped my guardian with items that have the proc gems socketed in them.

"
Mokihiki wrote:

You cannot use the Animate Guardian skill on an item with gems still socketed in it. If you could however, I imagine cwdt would work (and so would mjölner lol).

Unique items or corrupted items with procs or on-hit effects such as Zahndethus' Cassock or The Blood Reaper do work.

I see, I didn't know that you cannot cast animated guardian on a piece of gear with gems socketed in it.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Last edited by geffreyy on Sep 10, 2014, 4:00:23 AM
Which would provide better survivability?

Dual Springleaf, dual Crest of Perandus, or a combination of both?
If i get the gem to lv 20 and reset it with the quality recipe (gem cutter + lv 20 for lv 1 with 20% quality) will i lose my existing animate guardian (on the lv 20 gem) during the process?
"
PanzerSoul wrote:
Which would provide better survivability?

Dual Springleaf, dual Crest of Perandus, or a combination of both?

6% life leech from physical, 120-160 hp, 60% light res, max block without the extra few passives or 75% block (80%)
vs
3% life leech from physical, 6% hp/sec regen while low life, freezes are 3/4th as long, 4% all ele res, 60-80 hp, 30% light res, 70% total block (24+40+6)
vs
12% hp/sec regen while low life, halved freeze duration, 8% all ele res, 54% total block (24*2 +6)

it would seem to be the middle option, but depends what you want to build for.

"
pelife123 wrote:
If i get the gem to lv 20 and reset it with the quality recipe (gem cutter + lv 20 for lv 1 with 20% quality) will i lose my existing animate guardian (on the lv 20 gem) during the process?
he'll break if he has armor that doesn't meet the new lower requirements of the gem's allowance.

otherwise he should be fine and most likely will only need to be resummoned, granted the above condition didn't break him.
"
pelife123 wrote:

That's a really interesting question. I don't know. I would assume so, because you could give that lvl 1 gem with high lvl items to a new character and breeze through content.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
6% life leech from physical, 120-160 hp, 60% light res, max block without the extra few passives or 75% block (80%)
vs
3% life leech from physical, 6% hp/sec regen while low life, freezes are 3/4th as long, 4% all ele res, 60-80 hp, 30% light res, 70% total block (24+40+6)
vs
12% hp/sec regen while low life, halved freeze duration, 8% all ele res, 54% total block (24*2 +6)
Minor detail but: Equipping a Springleaf gives 50% reduced freeze duration. Equipping two Springleafs gives 100% reduced freeze duration. Since it's "100% reduced duration", not "100% increased rate of thawing" or similar, I'm pretty sure it makes the Guardian immune to freezes altogether.

"
geffreyy wrote:
"
pelife123 wrote:

That's a really interesting question. I don't know. I would assume so, because you could give that lvl 1 gem with high lvl items to a new character and breeze through content.
iirc the items will still be "stored" with the Guardian but he wont be able to equip them until the gem being used is once again leveled up enough to let it meet the item requirements.

In any case, passing a gem between characters isn't abusable. The items of a Guardian are stored with the character casting the skill, not the specific skill gem being used.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Sep 10, 2014, 5:32:19 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
vs
vs
Minor detail but: Equipping a Springleaf gives 50% reduced freeze duration. Equipping two Springleafs gives 100% reduced freeze duration. Since it's "100% reduced duration", not "100% increased rate of thawing" or similar, I'm pretty sure it makes the Guardian immune to freezes altogether.
thats not minor at all, it means double springleaf is the better option. making the guardian immune to freeze prevents him from getting stuck and killed through most other defenses. then the relatively strong regen (lol >10%) is pretty appealing to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info