Animate Guardian

Not sure if this has been said before - Animated Guardian needs a seperate UI/Window. When the skill is used, the item is STORED into the Ghastly character(Animated Guardian) And then you should be allowed to pick the last 10 items STORED to produce. Once a combination is choose, it locks, and items are unable to remove until A NEW item is replacing the former. It should also ONLY be useable in town IMO (To prevent any cheat swaps mid fight).

Example;

You sacrifice a full set of items (Glove, Boots, Helm, Chest, 1H shield and 1H Axe) = 6 Items. Once sacrificed, you lock it in (All 6). Now, they have 10 "Storage" sacrificed slots for any other item. If any item is sacrificed the 10th slot is the first to go, unless they reorganize/move them around, or change their new set that's being used (Which will replace the current, and the current will be stored instead).

The items, once soulbound to the guardian, cannot be removed from the Guardian's Storage or from his sets.

I believe this is the best approach, so to even FATHOM/Or think of sacrificing expensive gear still has a hard and strong conscious decision making factor(So example, they can't throw a 30 exalt chest plate on it, remove it later, and sale it). On the other hand, this stops the confusion of the loss of items, what will replace what (Cause we can't always remember both stats specifically on both weapons on duel wield for example).

This will also give chance for people to see current item stats, incase they forget. This will also provide an opportunity to put new items, or try new sets and/or combination without having to Rebuy if the combination did not work in the first place.

EDIT: Also warning, check this out (Not sure if the community already knows) but there's a Bug(?) Going on, where items on Animated Guardian doesn't apply properly on duel wield - Link Here
Leader of the guild; ZephyraithZ (-=Contact @ VirtuousHeart ): A helpful small knit community guild- Aiming to help one another- n' Discover new builds n' delights within the world of Wraeclast.

'Vaal Shock Shadow' Build by VirtuouZ = http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1039736
Last edited by ShinSephiroth on Sep 6, 2014, 5:27:31 PM
I'm playing a Templar Summoner. I'm sitting around level 50 and I'm havin a blast with the skill. I have 99% of all minion passives, I'm working on auras (Haste w Generosity, mostly), I use an Animation flask, and his weapon has +x life on hit. I linked an increased crit multiplier on him and threw him a greatsword.

I've barely seen him drop below 60% health, but I'm only running on Cruel just now. I also have skeles, zombies and spectres running around, so that helps his sustainability in combat. I'll eventually swap him to a tower shield and 1h sword & take Necro Aegis when it starts getting a little tougher.

His main weakness is AoE damage, mainly due to the poor AI. Just get used to weapon swapping if he drops to 20% health.

To be honest, Bob is an extra minion on the map to benefit from my auras and passives. He's fun to have around, and being able to build him from scratch gives him a much more personal appeal. However, I do have a few questions about the big guy:

1 - If I equip +% chance to find rare items, will that stack with my own?
2 - Is it worth equipping him with 1c oranges if I own all minion passives?

My two cents on improving Bob:
1 - Allow us to see what is currently equipped on the guardian.
2 - Better AI. If he is taking AoE dmg, he should at least attempt to retreat to safe ground.
3 - Versatility. Allow him to wield wands & bows. Dual weilding would be sick.
4 - A stats page for the Guardian in the same way that exists for the player.

Any help or feedback is much appreciated.

glhf. ok, tc, bye-bye then.
IGN [Rampage]: WestbroBaptiste
"
funkrenegade wrote:
No. Linking the Animate Guardian skill gem with the Item Rarity support gem will work but an any item rarity and item quantity from items the Guardian is wearing or from a shield passed on to him through Necromantic Aegis will not apply as his kills are attributed to you and thus ignores "his" item rarity stats.

"
funkrenegade wrote:
You absolutely have to keep him capped in resist. You can do that with basic blue items though, and any stats beyond that is up to personal preference I'd say.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
My 2 cents

Beating a dead hoarse here but i think the guardian would work better if it functioned like a Merc from D2LOD. You use the skill to summon a naked guardian. Then you can equip items in a guardian window just like your character. Having a full stat window for you guardian would also be nice. Its fun to throw trash items to him and try and keep him alive. But its always frustrating to loose them, even if he's for the lulz. I would be more inclined to try some bad unique's if i knew i could get them back. For lots of very casual players a 1-5C unique is far to much to loose.

Im sure this has been bought up too but why not have the gems stats do a bell curve. Start with a fairly tanky guardian. Good life low damage and progress the damage and life. When the guardian is able to use higher level items start tapering off the stats, even getting negative stats closer to max level. This would enable GG items to be equipped but not have a super OP guardian.

"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
funkrenegade wrote:
No. Linking the Animate Guardian skill gem with the Item Rarity support gem will work but an any item rarity and item quantity from items the Guardian is wearing or from a shield passed on to him through Necromantic Aegis will not apply as his kills are attributed to you and thus ignores "his" item rarity stats.

"
funkrenegade wrote:
You absolutely have to keep him capped in resist. You can do that with basic blue items though, and any stats beyond that is up to personal preference I'd say.

Thanks for the advice. Alas, it unfortunately came ten minutes too late and he was incinerated from a delayed blast fireball.
Bob v3.0 will be clad in the finest resist threads the realm has to offer. Is it worth maxing his ES as well?

Thanks
IGN [Rampage]: WestbroBaptiste
You don't need the best resists, just enough to reach 75%. Minions suffer no penalties from difficulty changes. Assuming you have Minion Nodes, he should only need 75-16=59 resist to elements. That should not be that hard to get, considering a generic elemental shield gives 12% resistances.

As for Energy Shield, don't bother, he doesn't have any bonuses like players. He also doesn't have any bonuses to armor or evasion, but it helps a bit if you have it.
This spell sucks....I was trying to get it up cuz it looked cool, but the animation died in like 2 seconds before I was able to even get it half put together...its like many of the spells in this game, fun, but overall worthless...
Considering making a char around this char (I expect it to fail), but I want to know two things before I start.

1) can you animate corrupted items?

2) if so, will items with "Grant Level X 'blah' skill" grant the Guardian with that skill? (I'm assuming mana issues can be managed by items that increase base mana)
1)Why not? They are just an items, just with "special" mod.
2)Despite that techically he possibly could have the skill (don't know this part for sure), he definitely will never use it.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
geffreyy wrote:
If socket onto an item the support gem cast on damage taken, along with a spell gem linked, and then give that item to my animated guardian will the animated guardian cast the spell on damage taken?
no

I don't understand why it doesn't work, or wouldn't work. "The Cast on _" gems are essentially procs, the character isn't casting it actively. Do uniques items that have procs proc with animated guardians?
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info