Cast when Damage Taken

No, of course I don't remember conversations from five months ago. For reference, in five months time I write approximately 900 posts on this forum alone; that's just over twice your total post count. Do you really think I can remember each and every bad suggestion, and remember exactly who suggested it in which specific thread? Don't make unreasonable expectations. Just use the fucking quote function properly.

Your suggestion still makes CwDT entirely useless during leveling and makes no practical difference for the end-game at all. It's still a bad suggestion.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 26, 2017, 5:48:36 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
No, of course I don't remember conversations from five months ago. For reference, in five months time I write approximately 900 posts on this forum alone; that's just over twice your total post count. Do you really think I can remember each and every bad suggestion, and remember exactly who suggested it in which specific thread? Don't make unreasonable expectations. Just use the fucking quote function properly.

Your suggestion still makes CwDT entirely useless during leveling and makes no practical difference for the end-game at all. It's still a bad suggestion.

Oh wow your ego must be bigger that whole visible univers. Lucky for tme i dont have to live with it.

I remember. PoE forum is not the only place i write. Maby some Ginkgo biloba tea for breakfast?
Why is this quest reward leveled, completely pointless at lvl 6.
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
Is there a reason it's limited to gems that require level 70 at max?

I recently had the situation where I wanted to use CWDT to trigger a level 23 skill and that's just not possible since that would require level 76.

Technical limitation, oversight or intentional?
Perception is reality.
"
widardd wrote:
Is there a reason it's limited to gems that require level 70 at max?

I recently had the situation where I wanted to use CWDT to trigger a level 23 skill and that's just not possible since that would require level 76.

Technical limitation, oversight or intentional?

I was going to write a post about this but looked to see if it had been brought up.

Is this a recent change or did I just not notice it for so long?

From the patch notes 1.0.1....

"Skill Balance:
Cast On [sic] Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on [sic] Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on [sic] Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong."

However, when a gem level is raised by '+x to Level of' from items, or from linking to Empower Support, neither the required level nor the attribute requirement are increased. The wording of the patch note suggests they should still be supported by CwDT not below the shown required level.

This is currently not the case.

I'll slap this in Bug reports and reddit, too.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 26, 2017, 2:36:01 PM
Am i the only one who thinks CWDT works the wrong way?

Shouldnt the dmg treshold start high and get lower while you level it? Sure the interaction with immortal call is superb but in the end you gimp your gems just to be useable with CWDT. I would like to see the dmg taken part in % of HP. for the start at Gem level 1 it triggers if 50% max hp is taken as dmg in x seconds and at gem level 20 it's triiggered at 20% max hp taken as dmg in x seconds.
It would make skill interaction far smoother and would make you able to level gems and dont have to rightclick them away.
At the end i can life with the Gem but it makes not much sense for me but i use it anyway.
"
Karnaga wrote:
Shouldnt the dmg treshold start high and get lower while you level it?

No? The entire idea is that you either get a high-level Spell less often, or a lower-level Spell more often. By making the threshold diminishing, that interaction is gone entirely; it'd be fucking trash when you first get it and only become usable way down the line, at which point it's extremely mandatory because you get full-power Spells for free at very low Damage thresholds.
Will this gem trigger a curse gem?

Just thinking because for curses there is different gem.
Curses are still Spells that one can Cast, they can be triggered by CwDT :) It's really nice.
Ok THX :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info