Cast when Damage Taken

A cooldown is a cooldown, the skill cannot be activated during said cooldown.
I believe it only wipes the damage tracker on the first Ice Nova to trigger, but I am not 100% certain about the finer innerworkings of Trigger Gems, sorry.
"
lozarian wrote:
Cast one ice nova, wipe damage on the one that casts, then the next damage I take will trigger the second as it's above ice threshold?
This, with the additional caveat that it has to be the next damage you take after the Ice Nova cooldown is finished. As soon as one is cast, all your Ice Nova skills are on cooldown, meaning the second one can't cast yet (and I believe can't track damage taken until the cooldown expires, either).
Does the damage taken apply to all gems supported at the same time or sequentially(like souls and vaal gems)?

For example, if I have lvl 1 CWDT linked to two blade vortex gems which scenario is true if I take 600 dmg;

1. Blade vortex 1 receives 528 dmg and triggers, blade vortex 2 receives 528 dmg but does not trigger. Blade vortex 2 will trigger at next damage taken as it is at dmg limit.
2. Blade vortex 1 receives 528 dmg and triggers, blade vortex 2 receives the remaining 72 damage after blade vortex 1 absorbed 528.
3. Blade vortex 1 receives 528 dmg and triggers, blade vortex 2 receives no damage as it was on cooldown due to blade vortex 1 triggering.
Aha! That makes duplicate utility spells more attractive, if I can guarantee at least 50% uptime. E.g multiple firestorms for cast on ignite, I'll have to do some maths I think.
I have been doing some testing and it seems like multiple copies of the same spell will only work if they would not trigger at the same time.(different level CWDT for instance). If the gem had enough damage to trigger, even if it didn't trigger because another copy of it already did, it will have it's damage counter reset. Is this intended?

This gem - in my opinion - should work in different way. It should have rather high treshold in the beginning (based on % of effective HP) and with lvl increased it should go down.

This way in many build there will not be "max level 3" for example.
"
de99ial wrote:
This way in many build there will not be "max level 3" for example.

And instead, it will be literally un-usable until it's leveled. Wonderful!

Why does it even matter that people leave a gem at a lower level? :/
Yeah because currently is better when it is unusable when on high level.
If you can't find a use for a decently (or even high) leveled CwDT, that's on you, not the Gem.
I could say the same about your statement.

But here me out.

Example:
CWDT working on % of Effective HPs.

1. Lvl = it works when enemy hit you for let say 80% yours EHP.
2. Lvl = it works when enemy hit you for let say 75% yours EHP.
20. Will work when enemy hit you for let say 35% EHP.
etc.

This way it will be usefull on ALL levels and will not have current "max level 3".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info