Cast when Damage Taken

It's a damage multiplier.

77% less means: Damage * 0.23
So your supported skills will be cast automatically, but deal very low damage.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
This means that i get more damage when the gem is at higher level?!?
Yes, exactly like that.
I don't understand the mechanic at the moment...:)

When get an specified amout of damage, i cast the supported Spell.
When i cast the supported Spell, i get damage (lets say, i have to "pay" the cast with hitpoints).
How greater the level of the "Cast on Damage taken" is, how more damage i will get (i have to "pay" more Hitpoints for casting).

Is that right?

And where can i see how much damage i get (if it's right)?

This is what i do at the moment...

There you can see that Molen Shell deals 95-143 Dmg...
In the Tooltipp (Ingame) of the "CwDt" it says that it only deals 85-128 Damage?

Can someone explain how exacly this works?

Thanks!
Last edited by xXSylarXx on Dec 3, 2013, 3:59:20 AM
"
xXSylarXx wrote:
I don't understand the mechanic at the moment...:)

When get an specified amout of damage, i cast the supported Spell.
When i cast the supported Spell, i get damage (lets say, i have to "pay" the cast with hitpoints).
How greater the level of the "Cast on Damage taken" is, how more damage i will get (i have to "pay" more Hitpoints for casting).

Is that right?

And where can i see how much damage i get (if it's right)?

This is what i do at the moment...

There you can see that Molen Shell deals 95-143 Dmg...
In the Tooltipp (Ingame) of the "CwDt" it says that it only deals 85-128 Damage?

Can someone explain how exacly this works?

Thanks!

CWDT reduces damage made by spell, but it can be increased with other sources. Tooltip shows resulting damage after all such things.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

CWDT reduces damage made by spell, but it can be increased with other sources. Tooltip shows resulting damage after all such things.

So CWDT doen't deal damage to myself?
I tought that was "the prize" of automatc casting...?!?
Nope. The drawback is the heavily lessened damage.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Been thinking about this since this support was changed to only cast skills of the same level, but here is my idea to make it more effective, and to not feel as useless at high levels of the support.

Change the quality bonus to "-x% damage required to cast" instead of "increased damage".

thoughts?
im puzzled with the new patch and cwdt: i used cwdt lvl 1 with ice spear lvl 12 and other higher lvl gems, and it never casted an ice spear when taking damage.

the requirement for cwdt is the same lvl tier? because i got now all lvl 1 and it works.
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
Look at your Ice Spear gem. Think about the word 'level', and think of what level it could possibly be referring to when CwDT uses numbers far above 20.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info