Cast when Damage Taken

IT DOESN'T WORK WITH RIGHTEOUS FIRE
even tho RF is degen, but it is still damage, so in theory, this kinda of degen damage should also trigger the Cast.
i have attempted it and it doesnt work.
ign: dthem
RF is 'degen', or Damage over Time.
Damage over Time is not Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
RF is 'degen', or Damage over Time.
Damage over Time is not Damage.

i am sorry, is my english retarded??
"damage" over time is not damage?
by damage i mean you take damage to your hp or es, which reduce its value.
and it does not count as damage???
this does not make sense at all.
It's not "damage" over time, but "damage over time". Game mechanics rarely work the same as a written language.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's not "damage" over time, but "damage over time". Game mechanics rarely work the same as a written language.

unless this "damage over time" does not remove any es or life, then it doesnt count as take damage. even blood magic is counted as taken damage because hp is lost during the casting.
then i am totally fine with it, but if you lose life or es to it, and it will count as damage by definition, as the gem description on the RF clearly stated " you burn 90% of your maximum life as fire damage"

please for god sake stop explaining what the game mechanics is, i know it doesnt work at the moment, just like many other bugs that has and had been fixed.
Last edited by BlazingDawn on Nov 22, 2013, 7:11:05 PM
"
BlazingDawn wrote:
as the gem description on the RF clearly stated " you burn 90% of your maximum life as fire damage"

No, it doesn't. It says the following:
You Burn for 90% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage

'Per second' implies it's Damage over Time, not Damage.

Similar case: Caustic Flasks cause Life Loss - they remove Life instantly. It will not trigger Cast when Damage Taken though, because Life Loss is not Damage.

"
BlazingDawn wrote:
please for god sake stop explaining what the game mechanics is, i know it doesnt work at the moment, just like many other bugs that has and had been fixed.

You seem to think it's a bug.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
BlazingDawn wrote:
as the gem description on the RF clearly stated " you burn 90% of your maximum life as fire damage"

No, it doesn't. It says the following:
You Burn for 90% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage

'Per second' implies it's Damage over Time, not Damage.

Similar case: Caustic Flasks cause Life Loss - they remove Life instantly. It will not trigger Cast when Damage Taken though, because Life Loss is not Damage.

"
BlazingDawn wrote:

You seem to think it's a bug.

bug is not the correct term, more like something that has been left out, cause damage taken did not include "damage per second"?

my entire argument is that "damage per second" should count as damage taken, does that make sense?
This can make pretty useless RF to have more uses (to proc CWDT)
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
CwDT was an OP gem in Patch 1.0, and I admit that there should be a nerf. However, this nerf makes this gem loss most of its utility, making it a very wierd, embarrasing situation( least in my point of view).
I was wondering, is it possible to redesign or slightly altar it a bit? For example:

1) Make it trigger based on % of one's maximum health (eg. Cast Supported spells when you take damage equal to 10% of your total life and energy shield).
2) Level up will lower the % of less damage, just like before.
3) Quantity will reduce the damage needed to trigger ( eg. a Q20 CwDT will cast supported spells when you take damage equal to 8% of your total life and energy shield).

I think the above suggerstion may bring following advantages:
1) As it's not based on amount, it give's a more fair chance to who dong stack health.
2) As level up won't make the threshold harder to achive and no longer become a situation that level u give less utility.

At last, I'm only a noob in PoE (and other games), I'm innocent, I don't though game design formula surch thing. I JUST DON'T WANT TO SUCH A GOOD SKILL CONCEPT BEING WASTED. If you have opinion about my suggestion or how to redesign CwDT, please feel free to reply.
Thank you.

How does the "Cast when damage Taken" level req affect other support gems?
Could I run a level 1 cast when damage taken with a level 20 X support spell? (a level 20 support will always have a level req higher than 31 AFAIK :p)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info