Cast when Damage Taken

"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:
Molten Shell with Life Leech is great... but for melee chars since those will be in the middle of the pack when Molten Shell explode..... I play ranger .... so I try to keep distance....

as do I but it's not always working ;) especially when there's ele resis mobs...

"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:

and yes... it seems Enfeeble might be better than Temporal Chains ....will try to test them both and see if it's a difference ....

They're both good... I prefer Enfeeble but it has a high INT toll while TC just uses DEX

"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:
they do cast with 0 mana cost right ? .... but will the CD of those skill pe ignored or not ?!

They cost 0 mana and CD is not ignored... otherwise I'd use cold snap and elemental proliferation to try and freeze the mobs :)
Last edited by hyper_ch on Nov 5, 2013, 10:27:18 AM
Very simply as other have said, the first thing GGG should do is to reverse the leveling table where at level 1 the gem requires you to take huge amounts of damage to activate and at level 20 it requires a small amount.

After that tune we can look into what further needs to be done such as making the cast cost mana.
"
Barivius wrote:
Very simply as other have said, the first thing GGG should do is to reverse the leveling table where at level 1 the gem requires you to take huge amounts of damage to activate and at level 20 it requires a small amount.

After that tune we can look into what further needs to be done such as making the cast cost mana.

what you are saing has no logic .....
if they make the skill work as you just said .... it means that the skill will activate once or twice at one run of a map ....and later on will activate at every mob since they will do high amount of damage per hit and the damage required to ativate the skills using Cast When Damage Taken will be a small amount ....

they should let it like it is ....just tweak a bit the damage required to take for the activation regarding the damage scaling of the mobs at later level and high level maps....

Regards, Infinity !!!
Long Live the Templars !!!!
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:
....and later on will activate at every mob since they will do high amount of damage per hit and the damage required to ativate the skills using Cast When Damage Taken will be a small amount ....

they should let it like it is ....just tweak a bit the damage required to take for the activation regarding the damage scaling of the mobs at later level and high level maps....

Regards, Infinity !!!

you already have the effect that, it triggers of evey mob in maps, all you have to do is not leveling it... ^.-
ign: UpForJava
"
Upforsale wrote:

you already have the effect that, it triggers of evey mob in maps, all you have to do is not leveling it... ^.-

true .... but ..... if you link a SPELL !!!! you will loose 70% of damage from it .....

so it's a win/loose situation depending on what kind of Skill Gems you plan to link to it ....
Long Live the Templars !!!!
"
_TaZaR_ wrote:
A have a question. Are the skills linked to that gem effected buy faster casting? I've put it with endurance cry and immortal call, for instance, but can't see if it has started to work more effective. Thx.

So will anybody answer?
How about tying damage threshold to your character level instead of gem level? Maybe use a linear formula like with base health/mana so that levelling up never decreases the effectiveness of the gem, assuming you also take on harder enemies.

If further incentive to level the gem is still needed, you could add a cooldown between procs that decreases as the gem levels up.
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Nov 5, 2013, 9:31:52 PM
"
Barivius wrote:

If they did something like this, but made it % based instead of flat damage based i think that would work. Otherwise its going to be pretty much useless until it's high level.
I think that the gem should trigger damage based on a percentage of your maximum life or energy shield, the higher of the two. It may make hybrid life/es a bit powerful though.
Maybe separate it into two gems: one for life and one for energy shield.

Maybe it can start at 40% of max health/es at level 1, and go to 30% at level 20, with spells doing 100% damage. Quality bonus could slightly reduce the percentage to 25% at 20% quality. This should ease up most of the powerful combos.
Great

a mini-nerf (or huge buff for the endless-loopers vs light thorns) this morning and more nerfs (who knows exactly) to come in 1.0.1.

Why is everyone complaining.. this is a PvE game where certain things are mandatory anyways. /Rant

PoE's moving like any other QQ-driven game I sense.. some forumites cry all day -> nerf / buff
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Nov 6, 2013, 6:47:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info