Cast when Damage Taken

"
andinuad wrote:

If there ever was a gem that should be mandatory for all builds, it should be a gem like this, a gem that creates so much creativity. Creativity is fun. This is the best designed gem I've ever seen you create.

Thats funny cause im pretty sure everybody is using endu cry + molten shell + cast on dmg taken

I think the real creativity comes out when people have to make excuses for OP shit lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
Amiag wrote:
"
andinuad wrote:

If there ever was a gem that should be mandatory for all builds, it should be a gem like this, a gem that creates so much creativity. Creativity is fun. This is the best designed gem I've ever seen you create.

Thats funny cause im pretty sure everybody is using endu cry + molten shell + cast on dmg taken

I think the real creativity comes out when people have to make excuses for OP shit lol

I use following setups simultaneously on same character:

Gloves: Cast when Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Temporal Chains - Decoy Totem
Helmet: Cast when Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Arctic Breath - Frost Wall
---------------

Some other skills that I could use that would be interesting: Immortal Call, Portal, a 2nd curse for double cursing, replace the totem I have with another totem, Smoke Mine, Conversion trap, Raise Zombie and Summon Skeletons.

Of course, for spellcasters, they have far more combos available since they can actually use far more spells to inflict "free" status ailments.
Last edited by andinuad on Oct 30, 2013, 9:05:13 AM
"
AveiMil wrote:

Nah dude, that's intentional. I have another one at level 1 that does enduring cry and molten shell + enfeeble.

Yes, that's a good tactic. :)

"
Amiag wrote:
this gem need nerf badly

atm its worse than the old phase run, everyone is using it

I see no real usage for ranged/EV/Dodge charas to use this gem, besides that my Witch or my Ranger for instance don't even have room for this gem plus the useful additional Skills.
It's a nice Melee buff, and the only reason why my Marauder is fun to play atm. Remember, Melee was the black sheep of PoE builds, it deserved some improvements. Now my Marauder is better than my Ranger ever was, especialy within the new Areas.
Just remove this op shit from hardcore leagues ...
Ing If_i_die_ill_play_lol
Isn't this gem the long awaited melee buff everybody and their mother has been crying about? :)

Having said that I hope I can get my hands on one and try it on my block face-tank for even more immortality, before they nerf it.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
This gem kinda works strangely if you link damaging spells to it (see Scrotie's efficiency post and how leveling the gem is dumb) and is OP when you link things that don't work on damage (end. cry, curses...).

I went through many iterations on how work out something interesting without making it behave too much like "cast when stunned". But as long as the amount of damage taken remains flat, it's just impossible to make it behave in a logical way for most spells and character builds.

So this is the best way I could find to make this support interesting and not OP:

x% chance to cast linked spells when damaged by x% of your maximum life in a single hit.
A single hit must damage for at least y% of maximum life to roll the chance to trigger. This value goes down with leveling the gem (from ~40% at level 1 to around 20-25% at high level).
Quality: +1% chance to trigger the gem per quality

So for example, if you get hit for say 30% of your like, you have 30% chance to cast the spell. Or 50% chance if you have 20q gem.

Spells remain at 100% damage effectivness.

With a gem set up this way:
-you no longer depend on some flat damage values to trigger, but depend more on how resilient the character is (a strong armor based character won't trigger the gem when hit by a pack of trash mobs).
-the spells linked will do decent damage even while leveling the gem. I think this is important, because currently the damage part sucks hard at low levels...
-there's no such thing as perma-casting end.cry and curses. But you'd have a good chance to cast them when it counts.
-since it works on max life, CI can't use it, but they got cast when stunned which is great for ES/CI.
Last edited by Thalandor on Oct 30, 2013, 1:23:02 PM
I think it's really telling that all the supposedly 'OP' standard combo of Molten Shell + Enduring Cry does is automate the annoying task of maintaining uptime of defensive buffs. They could drop this in a hot second if they didn't force players to manage uptime every 10 seconds, which is pointless and annoying, and then maybe people would use it for something more interesting than (once again) using one feature to combat another design failing.

The triggers gems in general are not well balanced within their class though. Some are almost totally useless (on death) and some come with such huge drawbacks to DPS (all if the ones that need to be linked to attack skills) that they're effectively useless for proccing support effects and only good as build defining setups for fast attack low damage skills.
My game keeps crashing when using this gem with stuff like Summon Skeletons or Molten Shell. It's annoying as hell and it happens constantly.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
Bug doublepost.
Last edited by apheex on Oct 30, 2013, 4:03:32 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
apheex wrote:
It works on traps ?

CDT +
- Conversion Trap;
- Bear Trap;
- Devouring Totem;
- Arctic Armor

could be totally awesome.
you want arctic armor to semi constantly turn on and back off?

What's the problem ?
Turn on when you get hit, reducing dmg, then back off...

So what about two setups together like

CDT(lvl1)+EnduringCry+ConversionTrap+Multitraps...
CDT(lvl2+)+MoltenShell+Immortalcall+DevouringTotem...

Basically first trigger more often.

(Assuming "Mines" are triggered manually so they can't run with CDT.)
(Traps are automatics)

PS: autocast phaserun. HURRHURRHURR. Can't wait !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info