Cast when Damage Taken

"
return33 wrote:
Found a second one of those and now im confused ...
The first one is CODT + Endu Cry + Decoy Totem + Molten Shell = GREAT !

The second one ... i can use for some auto cursing (i curse "manualy too" but for some mobs i missed) but that seems like waste.

Will a second endu cry help to build up charges faster or will both share the cooldown?

I play a scion with a amazing 60 int. Guess coldsnap is pointless because the damage will be to low to do anything, isnt it?

Any other possible uses for it or just sell it?

Do it like Ziggy D :)

Put Enduring Cry, desired Curse and Molten Shell on the lvl 1 Cast when Damage Taken, and put Immortal Call, desired Curse and Decoy Totem on the lvl Higher lvl Cast when Damage Taken.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Oct 29, 2013, 8:09:15 PM
What is the highest level we've seen? I'm wondering whether it eventually reaches no damage penalty, and how much damage needs to be taken or order to trigger it. I have a build that centers around molten shell, and it would be great to be able to just sit there and have it cast itself, but the damage penalty is way too much considering that it's my primary damage source against groups.
IGN: Iolar
this gem need nerf badly

atm its worse than the old phase run, everyone is using it
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Slap on a "X% less buff and curse effect" debuff equal to the damage debuff and it'll be fine. It was as oversight that only damage effects are reduces at low levels of the gem when procs happen super often. If all effects were reduced at low levels of the gem it would be balance.

Sure you can get passive Molten Shell that way- but you get 70% less armour then if you had taken the time to cast it manually. Still a very useful tool, but less of a nobrainer then it is now.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Last edited by bilun on Oct 29, 2013, 9:49:32 PM
It works on traps ?

CDT +
- Conversion Trap;
- Bear Trap;
- Devouring Totem;
- Arctic Armor

could be totally awesome.
"
apheex wrote:
It works on traps ?

CDT +
- Conversion Trap;
- Bear Trap;
- Devouring Totem;
- Arctic Armor

could be totally awesome.
you want arctic armor to semi constantly turn on and back off?
How does this support interact with different damage mittugation? Block, evade, dodge, armour, flat mittigation from arctic armor phys reduction from endurance charges? Does it only work on damage that reeches your life after all mitigation?
Can't we just accept that the gem is good? Plz don't nerf this gem, its more about quality of life (not having to cast curses etc) than about it actually being broken.
I find it most amusing to link with a portal gem. Nothing like having a tp following you through your journey.
This is one of the biggest nerfs to Kaom's and Bringer of Rain. For that reason it needs to be kept. It makes all gem slots valuable, which is something we didn't really have in the past.

Not to mention: it is one of the most fun gems ever created, there are so many combinations to test. Double-cursing becomes viable again even on dps-oriented characters.

I've never seen any other gem create so much creativity.

Edit: When adjusting a gem, you should not only look at how useful a gem is compared to other gems, but also how it overall affects the game itself. Like I explained: this gem encourages so much creativity among players; so many combinations to test out. I specially liked the one with "portal stalking you".

If there ever was a gem that should be mandatory for all builds, it should be a gem like this, a gem that creates so much creativity. Creativity is fun. This is the best designed gem I've ever seen you create.

Edit2: A more boring, "mandatory" gem is portal. Creates 0 creativity, but it is economically efficient and therefore mandatory.
Last edited by andinuad on Oct 30, 2013, 8:08:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info