Cast on Crit

"
Grzybas2 wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:

True, i guess the only logical nerf to this gem would be: cant use same spell multiple times (so you cant use 3ek's linked to get mega 3procs of ek).

Can you do that now ? i heard it only casts 1 with the highest level so you have to use different spells.

Apparently you can link 3eks or same spells and they are casted seperately which makes it bit op if you have 5-6link.
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
Grzybas2 wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:

True, i guess the only logical nerf to this gem would be: cant use same spell multiple times (so you cant use 3ek's linked to get mega 3procs of ek).

Can you do that now ? i heard it only casts 1 with the highest level so you have to use different spells.

Apparently you can link 3eks or same spells and they are casted seperately which makes it bit op if you have 5-6link.
mind you (all), having multiple skills due to number of links is why having more links is so strong, not the support gem specifically.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:
mind you (all), having multiple skills due to number of links is why having more links is so strong, not the support gem specifically.

I hope a nerf will address this and only this, so that CoC gem will work with a single active spell only. The gem will still be somewhat useful and lag less.

Nerfs like "single trigger check per attack" will destroy it (why use it if you can cast a spell directly with 2 more supports and 100% chance to cast?).

Non-zero mana cost of spells will require insane amounts of mana to use a gem. Eldrich Battery, Mind over Matter, very expensive gear... and no build diversity at all.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 5, 2013, 10:59:33 AM
I can see the multicast ability to be overpowered. Why add penetration , iron will or added damage when you can just another spell lol.
It should alternate between spells or work like spell totem when you link it to two spells.

If they nerf the way it procs , like proc only once per attack - that will be rip.
Question about the triggered spell's calculations with respect to critical chance passives.
If I use, for example, spectral throw, CoC, EK:
Will "Critical strike chance with daggers" improve the crit chance of the EK proc?
I know the EK proc is considered a spell cast by the player, thus, my question is more about whether such passives nodes affect spells you cast while holding the relevant weapon.

Another question: How does Elemental Equilibrium function with CoC? If the hit and the triggered spell are simultaneous, then it won't work well, I think. If not....
Last edited by Largefarva on Nov 5, 2013, 11:50:50 AM
"
Largefarva wrote:
Question about the triggered spell's calculations with respect to critical chance passives.
Will "Critical strike chance with daggers" improve the crit chance of the EK proc?
I know the EK proc is considered a spell cast by the player, thus, my question is more about whether such passives nodes affect spells you cast while holding the relevant weapon.

Another question: How does Elemental Equilibrium function with CoC? If the hit and the triggered spell are simultaneous, then it won't work well, I think. If not....

Crit roll for ek is counter from global crit and spell crit so doesnt add up from your dagger crit chance.

I hope if they nerf they nerf only multiple same spell usage with this gem not how it triggers.
"
Largefarva wrote:

First question as already answered, EK doesnt benefit from those passives

Second question - Equilibrium works like this - whenever monster gets hit with anything that has elemental dmg it gets a debuff ( if you hover over it with mouse you can see , resistant to XXX element , Vulnerable to YYY , Vulnerable to ZZZ )
so in my opinion it should work like this - if for example you had Wrath aura and attack with skill connected to CoC and Fireball - first you hit with a weapon triggering the debuff then spell is casted when monster is already debuffed so it takes more dmg and then another debuff triggers ( off of the spell you casted )

Hard part is when it comes to multiple spells connected - cause i noticed that if CoC triggers for 2 spells you have connected , they are casted at the same time so if both are projectiles for example fireball + arctic breath , they will hit at the same time and i have no clue what happens in that situation. IF you had like fire dmg on your attack and CoC with ARC and Freezing Pulse you should be good but im not 100% sure.
Finally got 5L and made screenshots before this beauty is nerfed :)
It looks more OP than it is ;)

souls in hell
backward stance
go go go
fps: you always know when the gem triggers

Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 5, 2013, 6:21:37 PM
I hope the only thing they nerf is that you can only use one spell to triger since having 6l or 6l with 4different skills is overkill. Plus even if you cast that many spells most of them deal crap damage anyway since you prolly dont have a lot of spell damage or support gems to add damage to those spells unless you use 4ek's since ek scales amazingly good eve without any supports. So either nerf so you can use only one spell or cant use multiple gems of the same spell.
Last edited by NagiSoi on Nov 5, 2013, 7:56:49 PM
"
Grzybas2 wrote:
"

Sigh....learned this from a friend.

----This support skill is getting nerfed.-----

Along with cast on damage, as confirmed by mark on reddit. Don't bother investing further into it, knowing GGG its gonna be RF post 1.01 all over again.

God forbit people spend the time and effort to try new things. Guess anything better than FP/LA/IB and doesn't cost billion exalts is too strong and must be nerfed.

Source please - i just checked reddit and the only thing i found was about cast on damage taken - dev said it might get nerfed "we have multiple ideas" nothing about cast on crit.

Moreover it is hardly overpowered , regular casters have to invest in spell dmg , cast speed , mana and crit chance if they want - to use this support you have to invest in spell dmg , global crit chance (not only spells ) attack speed , accuracy and you need atleast 5 link to make it work on top of only 68% trigger chance.

The quote come from a chat with the devs, it was talking about the trigger gems in general (as in proc multiple times/bounce damage with reflect), while its more directed to cast on damage, cast on crit share similar features and was often used along side with cast on damage.

I do like to correct myself that the devs didn't specifically say "we are going to nerf cast on crit" per se, but I'm sure you know where the nerf on cast on damage will lead to.

Like many others I agree the only thing that require fixing is to not trigger/support multiple active spells, because Tabula Rasa with cyclone + ek + ek + ek + ek + ek is really cheap and require 0 thought.

I like to have faith in GGG, but after how badly they handled RF in 1.01 I will not give them the benefit of the doubt.

So I wanted to give everyone a fair warning before its too late. Nothing kills the enjoyment of the game then to come home one day and realize the build you painstakingly crafted is now a piece of junk because some random dude post a cheesey setup on reddit with the same core skill.

The best thing GGG can do for us is to be transparent on what they planning to do with this gem. How we expecting a nerf? If so what kind? I can respect GGG's vision and how they want to balance their game, but its unfair for those who spent so much crafting their build to just one day have it all made worthless.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info