Cast on Crit

Can more than one skill be attached to this gem? And how does the gem know wich skill to use as a trigger?
I just learned it can trigger multiple spells. Thats just crazy ... i like.
It can trigger multiple spells but it rolls chance to trigger for every spell - i have linked fireball and arctic breath and sometimes both trigger sometimes only one.
This is a extremely powerful support, it looks weak and pointless at first, but when you dedicate an entire build around it on top of specific equips, its game breaking.

I really don't GGG don't nerf or drastically change the skill, it would be a face slap to the rest of us who really went out of our way with time and loot to make it work. I hate to see it go down like RF, where a interesting and powerful but very niche skill was went with "goggle a cookie cutter build" and eventually killed of completely, I mean just look at the gem, its useless now.

Sigh....learned this from a friend.

----This support skill is getting nerfed.-----

Along with cast on damage, as confirmed by mark on reddit. Don't bother investing further into it, knowing GGG its gonna be RF post 1.01 all over again.

God forbit people spend the time and effort to try new things. Guess anything better than FP/LA/IB and doesn't cost billion exalts is too strong and must be nerfed.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
Last edited by thinkingofaname on Nov 5, 2013, 3:42:20 AM
ahh a fun little experiment failed.

I'd linked this with raise zombie, power siphon and firestorm. The goal was to make zombies that had a chance to cast firestorm on crit, but of course it didn't work because zombies are a spell, so the "cast on crit" didn't get passed onto them.

As it is I guess you could use quill rain with split arrow+GMP+LMP+fireball or something. imagine that mess on screen! 11 arrows each with a chance to trigger 7 fireballs.
Yay nerfs to my precious skill gem.
Any detail on the nerf?

Time to spend all currency on regrets I guess...
"

Along with cast on damage, as confirmed by mark on reddit. Don't bother investing further into it, knowing GGG its gonna be RF post 1.01 all over again.

God forbit people spend the time and effort to try new things. Guess anything better than FP/LA/IB and doesn't cost billion exalts is too strong and must be nerfed.

Source please - i just checked reddit and the only thing i found was about cast on damage taken - dev said it might get nerfed "we have multiple ideas" nothing about cast on crit.

Moreover it is hardly overpowered , regular casters have to invest in spell dmg , cast speed , mana and crit chance if they want - to use this support you have to invest in spell dmg , global crit chance (not only spells ) attack speed , accuracy and you need atleast 5 link to make it work on top of only 68% trigger chance.

"
Grzybas2 wrote:
"

Source please - i just checked reddit and the only thing i found was about cast on damage taken - dev said it might get nerfed "we have multiple ideas" nothing about cast on crit.

Moreover it is hardly overpowered , regular casters have to invest in spell dmg , cast speed , mana and crit chance if they want - to use this support you have to invest in spell dmg , global crit chance (not only spells ) attack speed , accuracy and you need atleast 5 link to make it work on top of only 68% trigger chance.

True, i guess the only logical nerf to this gem would be: cant use same spell multiple times (so you cant use 3ek's linked to get mega 3procs of ek).
"
NagiSoi wrote:

True, i guess the only logical nerf to this gem would be: cant use same spell multiple times (so you cant use 3ek's linked to get mega 3procs of ek).

Can you do that now ? i heard it only casts 1 with the highest level so you have to use different spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info