Cast on Crit

Do the spells that cast from a critical strike get affected by increased critical/spell critical on the passive tree? Or is that only for spell that you directly cast?
IGN: Athulua
"
Xenest wrote:
Do the spells that cast from a critical strike get affected by increased critical/spell critical on the passive tree? Or is that only for spell that you directly cast?

They should be - so basicly if you make high crit character the spells you cast should crit pretty often aswell , thats why ppl are concerned about elemental reflect.

Does any1 know how the Starkonja's Head interacts with this gem and ele reflect ?
IF i trigger the spell with CoC and i have like gmp on it - so 5 projectiles are casted , and lets say 2-3 get me to low life with reflect , does the other 2-3 deal less dmg resulting in less reflect ? OR does it calculat the damage at the start of the cast and this unique doesnt help with reflect in this situation ?
Last edited by Grzybas2 on Nov 3, 2013, 5:31:56 AM
Wanted to build something around daggercrit and while it might be totally doable with reave+coc+pcoc+ice nova/cold snap it looks like even with aoe passives and/or carcass jack it might not be worth it over classical two gem choices like multristrike, faster attacks, added fire etc.

Problem is A) relatively small dam for the spell even when it crits (the shock/freeze effect might not trigger or be too short or trigger rarely) B) occasional bursts of trigger are most likely not worth it over damage dealing gem choices and their extra damage (like 50% crit and 30% CoC makes every 8-9th hit cast the spell).
ign PhysicalActivity
"
wildjesus wrote:
Wanted to build something around daggercrit and while it might be totally doable with reave+coc+pcoc+ice nova/cold snap it looks like even with aoe passives and/or carcass jack it might not be worth it over classical two gem choices like multristrike, faster attacks, added fire etc.

Problem is A) relatively small dam for the spell even when it crits (the shock/freeze effect might not trigger or be too short or trigger rarely) B) occasional bursts of trigger are most likely not worth it over damage dealing gem choices and their extra damage (like 50% crit and 30% CoC makes every 8-9th hit cast the spell).

CoC reaches around 68% to trigger at 19/20. Crit focused build should reach around 70% crit chance with power charges up - mine will reach 75% cap so i don't think the triggering is a problem.

You should link atleast 2 spells with it and have PCOC on some other skill or just use power siphon with Wand

Supports like GMP or Chain make every enemy critted trigger the gem. So basicly if you have Power Siphon + GMP and you crit 5 monsters you have 5 chances to trigger CoC with 65-70% chance it should trigger atleast 3 out of 5.

Last edited by Grzybas2 on Nov 3, 2013, 9:46:35 AM
Lol, no wonder this does not trigger in my case, this gem needs to be directly linked to an active damage skill to trigger?!?!? What a crap, I thought the trigger was "global", like cast on damage taken is global, but if you have to link CoC also to an active spell/attack, there is no way I can use it. I only have 4l items and need every link in the active skills for other support gems. This support here seems to need 6l items to be efficient, no way to get this, I play solo+selffound.
GGG should change the gem to act global, so no matter where it is linked, it triggers as soon as you do a crit. Everything else makes this Gem pretty useless imho.
How (if at all) does the damage effectiveness of the trigger skill effect the triggered skills? Let's say I use Heavy Strike (damage effectiveness 150%) and link it to Cast on Crit and Frost Nova. Does the damage effectiveness modifier from Heavy Strike increase the damage of Frost Nova by 50% like it would do with like Added Fire Damage?
I hope they dont change the way it works since you need to sacrifice 2 slots already to have atleast one spell to trigger. Other than that its very fun skill gem.
"
ariantes wrote:
How (if at all) does the damage effectiveness of the trigger skill effect the triggered skills? Let's say I use Heavy Strike (damage effectiveness 150%) and link it to Cast on Crit and Frost Nova. Does the damage effectiveness modifier from Heavy Strike increase the damage of Frost Nova by 50% like it would do with like Added Fire Damage?

Ice Nova is completely separate from your Heavy Strike. Nothing on Heavy Strike affects Ice Nova.
Do skills linked to Cast on Crit use up mana? There are some heavy mana usage curses that I could support freely if I used Cast on Crit and had good faith that my spells would crit.
http://www.youtube.com/user/P0W3RH4U5
"
Iceydude168 wrote:
Do skills linked to Cast on Crit use up mana? There are some heavy mana usage curses that I could support freely if I used Cast on Crit and had good faith that my spells would crit.

No mana cost , no cast time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info