Cast on Crit

What about builds that use a level 1 spectral throw, and build for global and dagger crit, spell dmg and maybe burning damage, and have a super cheap 5L throw proccing massive spell damage bursts nearly for free? These builds seem to be effective, even with only 1 instance of the spell linked.
Maybe the level of the linked attack skill should limit the level of the attached spells somehow.
ITs really a question what they want to achive with this gem.
I belive its meant to allow attack-spell hybrids, but there are some lose ends.

But taking things as they are ... im using dagger i wonder if its worthwhile to build single target dps link with something like double strike+multistrike+CoC+spell (would need testing what spell woould work here best.)
This is getting nerfed? Seriously? Come on GGG, this is hardly overpowered. I made an entire build dedicated to this gem (spend a whole fucklot of currency to this) and its not overpowered AT ALL, just quite effective. If this is indeed getting nerfed man, i dont know what to do. Probably play another game because Path of Nerfs always seems to ruin the fun for alot of people thinking they've finally come up with something quite cool. Some things are indeed OP but most things getting nerfed is just because we can't have nice things.

e; Oh and about the multicasting thing: allright, that indeed seems a little too crazy but still, please be gentle to this gem next patch.
Last edited by Babalao on Nov 6, 2013, 1:00:09 PM
"
This is getting nerfed? Seriously? Come on GGG, this is hardly overpowered. I made an entire build dedicated to this gem (spend a whole fucklot of currency to this) and its not overpowered AT ALL, just quite effective. If this is indeed getting nerfed man, i dont know what to do. Probably play another game because Path of Nerfs always seems to ruin the fun for alot of people thinking they've finally come up with something quite cool. Some things are indeed OP but most things getting nerfed is just because we can't have nice things.

e; Oh and about the multicasting thing: allright, that indeed seems a little too crazy but still, please be gentle to this gem next patch.

They could always make max of 2spells can be used, would prolly solve all the 'op' problems ;).
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"

They could always make max of 2spells can be used, would prolly solve all the 'op' problems ;).

thatd be totally fine
I just started my Scion and I want to make a build that came into my mind to be cool looking and fun ....

so I plan to use Shield and Sword/Dagger .....
plan to use Spectral Throw with Lesser/Greather Multiple Projectiles
and add on it Cast on Crit linked with ARC !!!

will it work how I think and I hope ?!

I "cast" Spectral Throw .... will go 3 or 5 blades .... if the roll is a critical hit .... each blade that will hit an enemy will also trigger ARC at that enemy .... right ?!

so for example I come face to face with a pack of mobs ... I do Spectral Throw .... I hit like 5 mobs one ... and another 3 when the blades return ....that means 8 mobs hit by Spectral Throw with critical roll .... does that mean each of those 8 mobs will also be target of ARC spam by Cast on Crit ?! .... and then the bounces from ARC will seek nearby mobs ?!

It this the way Specral Throw + Cast on Crit + Arc will work ?! is there anyone who try it ?!

because that's my build I wanna go ..... Athena ... daughter of Zeus ....God of Lighting !!! :D

Regards, Infinity !!!!
Long Live the Templars !!!!
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:
I just started my Scion and I want to make a build that came into my mind to be cool looking and fun ....

so I plan to use Shield and Sword/Dagger .....
plan to use Spectral Throw with Lesser/Greather Multiple Projectiles
and add on it Cast on Crit linked with ARC !!!

will it work how I think and I hope ?!

I "cast" Spectral Throw .... will go 3 or 5 blades .... if the roll is a critical hit .... each blade that will hit an enemy will also trigger ARC at that enemy .... right ?!

so for example I come face to face with a pack of mobs ... I do Spectral Throw .... I hit like 5 mobs one ... and another 3 when the blades return ....that means 8 mobs hit by Spectral Throw with critical roll .... does that mean each of those 8 mobs will also be target of ARC spam by Cast on Crit ?! .... and then the bounces from ARC will seek nearby mobs ?!

It this the way Specral Throw + Cast on Crit + Arc will work ?! is there anyone who try it ?!

because that's my build I wanna go ..... Athena ... daughter of Zeus ....God of Lighting !!! :D

Regards, Infinity !!!!

Yep every crit checkes the 68% chance to trigger. Vs big groups its sweet gem, vs smaller numbers it kinda lacks :)
Last edited by NagiSoi on Nov 6, 2013, 7:13:16 PM
"
NagiSoi wrote:

Yep every crit checkes the 68% chance to trigger. Vs big groups its sweet gem, vs smaller numbers it kinda lacks :)

I plan of make it an effective AOE skill ....ofc I use it on bigger groups ...

I only wish to know if ARC will be cast at each enemy I hit with Spectral Throw when I roll a critical hit and the Cast on Crit activates....
Long Live the Templars !!!!
"
Largefarva wrote:
What about builds that use a level 1 spectral throw, and build for global and dagger crit, spell dmg and maybe burning damage, and have a super cheap 5L throw proccing massive spell damage bursts nearly for free?

I'm using this. There are weak spots but overall it's fine. It looks powerful filling entire screen with fireballs/frozen skulls but each of them hits weak to the point where damage is not enough to freeze map rares... but enough to freeze a PC and make a mess on the screen so that you can't see and avoid enemy projectiles. And not only you, your party members suffer as well.

"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:

Arc will target something, not necessary a mob hit by specral throw. It can target other mobs and barrels as well. Don't forget 68% chance to proc and the fact that it will be a weak arc witout many supports.

It can still be fun and 'viable' I guess. GGG, don't nerf the fun please :)
"
SunnyRay wrote:

I'm using this. There are weak spots but overall it's fine. It looks powerful filling entire screen with fireballs/frozen skulls but each of them hits weak to the point where damage is not enough to freeze map rares... but enough to freeze a PC and make a mess on the screen so that you can't see and avoid enemy projectiles. And not only you, your party members suffer as well.

I'm doing the same , sometimes i trigger so many spells that everything goes in slow motion :P but it doesn't bother me cause i have pure evasion + Acrobatics + Ondar's Guile. Projectile attacks almost can't hit me - i'm saying almost cause Merciless Piety in Ice form will hit me maybe 1/20 attacks . And thx to high Evade + Dodge i can face tank a lot which makes Fireball and Arctic Breath Shotgun a lot - sometimes Rare mobs die instantly cause of the shotgun effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info