Loot question

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Option of instanced loot but without the IIQ bonus will severely affect whether some players do instanced or not.

Losing up to 250% IIQ is a bid deal, and one hell of a decision.

I think that's the best compromise possible.

Thanks Slayer. But I am guessing SMRD will find an issue with this as well. I guess he still thinks that we are only doing this to get more loot, even though we would give up the IIQ bonus willingly.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Oct 29, 2012, 10:28:29 PM
And I think by doing this, this preserves the meta game, while at the same time allowing people who like it the way it is, such as myself, to have a bonus for "playing the way the devs want" so to speak. While allowing those with different playstyles to still enjoy the game, but be at a disadvantage for playing their way.
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
"
Powster wrote:
FFA helps you get closer to people I think because you are able to see how trustworthy they are pretty fast.

I really do not understand all of the cries people have about FFA being bad. Every person in the world is not out to steal your loot.. eventually you will find the good people which you can party with if they are on.

First off, I am not playing PoE to "get closer to people." There are better ways to do that than playing a video game, and it's simply not why I'm here.

Dont party then simple.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Oct 30, 2012, 12:24:26 AM
"
Powster wrote:
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
"
Powster wrote:
FFA helps you get closer to people I think because you are able to see how trustworthy they are pretty fast.

I really do not understand all of the cries people have about FFA being bad. Every person in the world is not out to steal your loot.. eventually you will find the good people which you can party with if they are on.

First off, I am not playing PoE to "get closer to people." There are better ways to do that than playing a video game, and it's simply not why I'm here.

Dont party then simple.

There is a difference between not needing to make close friends in video games and wanting to enjoy coop.

Not partying is not a solution to this issue.
Standard Forever
"
nathanmnm wrote:
forced FFA is like communism
It's not communism it's anarchy. Although one could argue they're similar in certain respects.
FFA is nothing like communism, in communism you would get a part of the loot without actually picking it up, just for participating in the game (although comparisons never work 100%). FFA is perhaps more similar to anarchy but I personally prefer term "the law of the jungle", it can be interpreted literally in certain parts of this game.

I also recommend www.politicalcompass.org to understand the differences between anarchy and communism and why is it not exactly similar, not more than fascism is to it. It is quite fun website that lets you take a test (you can skip it but that's the most fun part imo) and shows you where is your position in political spectre. I hope this is not considered an advertisement, I just find it cool.
✠ ✠
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Option of instanced loot but without the IIQ bonus will severely affect whether some players do instanced or not.

Losing up to 250% IIQ is a bid deal, and one hell of a decision.

I think that's the best compromise possible.

Thanks Slayer. But I am guessing SMRD will find an issue with this as well. I guess he still thinks that we are only doing this to get more loot, even though we would give up the IIQ bonus willingly.

I am nobody. I just happen to agree with the devs position on loot (or at least this implementation of it) and I don’t see many people defending it so I'll speak up when I see everyone trashing it.

I fully understand what you want, and others, its the same reason d3 went that direction. Its an obvious solution to a problem that takes away a big part of the game (actual player tension) - I'd still play and support GGG no matter what they do though. D2 had this FFA loot aspect, and it. was. hated. but also was part of what made the game great. agree or disagree IDK. (fighting and looting happen at the same time – adding excitement and unpredictability)

I really don’t think anything of what we agree or disagree on has much bearing on what GGG does. We as a community can theorize or agree, but we don’t know how it will really work out. GGG is the one who would be taking the gamble.

It is a reasonable suggestion as many others, but having loot options is a big can of worms.
1) Game host will always pick system that favors them for public games
2) Game host might drop and have to rejoin and not be leader anymore- can someone change the settings?
3) Will people understand the different choices? Detailed exclamation would be necessary.
"
smrd wrote:
... I don’t see many people defending it so I'll speak up when I see everyone trashing it.

Perhaps that's a strong indicator of why a non-ffa option should be added.

As far as I can tell, EVERYONE who supports FFA does so because they want the opportunity to be able to acquire more than their fair share of loot than they otherwise could in an instanced system.
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
Believe it or not I will defend FFA. I don't personally enjoy it but I would not like it if FFA was taken out completely. Its part of the game now and is enjoyed by a good amount of players so it should stay. I just don't want it to be required by everyone who plays Path of Exile.

It took a little while after I joined to see that people legitimately do like the system even if I didn't understand why at the time.
Standard Forever
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
"
smrd wrote:
... I don’t see many people defending it so I'll speak up when I see everyone trashing it.

Perhaps that's a strong indicator of why a non-ffa option should be added.

As far as I can tell, EVERYONE who supports FFA does so because they want the opportunity to be able to acquire more than their fair share of loot than they otherwise could in an instanced system.

And you're wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info