Loot question

"
iamstryker wrote:

Some people hate the loot system regardless of if they know you.

I was also talking in general about people who only play this game single player. I was poking fun at this hardcore game that has a bunch of players playing single player.

If you really want to play multiplayer but you will not because you are too afraid of someone "taking your loot" does that not make you kind of small?

Really, what are they going to take? What if the first alteration orbs or rare or even a alchemy falls with your name and they don’t take it - it just sits there..? Do you trust them after that? Is that not a tiny small risk that you are unwilling to take to make a friend?

Just because some people cannot adapt to this evnironment,(lazy, willfully ignorant, or stupid) you want to bring us all down to that level.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
nathanmnm wrote:
@dalewinters I fear two things, firstly that you fail to understand the meaning of "best practice" with respect to pc games - there is no reason to allow players to choose if they compete (I.e. not force pvp) and yet force what is in effect PvP loot. Secondly I fear your views represent the majority of the poe player base who do not want the game to appeal to anyone else, you want FFA, no problem, but why not allow others to choose?

@GGG The exile in poe implies dark and competitive, I get this however I played D2 for many years and forced FFA is like communism - great in theory but ruined by human nature. I will simply never play any game with forced FFA, I am not overreacting (i have very good reasons for my view), I cannot be convinced that forced ffa can ever be better than a choice of loot modes and I am most certainly not alone.

Because the devs want this to be a cut throat type game . And its not that we.don't know what the game to appeal to anyone else, but, well, this is a game that is more cut throat and hardcore in its mechanics.

If you do not like these mechanics, you are of course free to voice your opinion, as well as possibly consider that a cut throat game is not your style, thus, this game might not be your style.

EDIT. Would edit typos but my phone is acting up. So deal with it.

That or just not group up with selfish pieces of garbage... Just play with your friends.
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
smrd wrote:

"
iamstryker wrote:

Some people hate the loot system regardless of if they know you.

I was also talking in general about people who only play this game single player. I was poking fun at this hardcore game that has a bunch of players playing single player.

If you really want to play multiplayer but you will not because you are too afraid of someone "taking your loot" does that not make you kind of small?

Really, what are they going to take? What if the first alteration orbs or rare or even a alchemy falls with your name and they don’t take it - it just sits there..? Do you trust them after that? Is that not a tiny small risk that you are unwilling to take to make a friend?

Just because some people cannot adapt to this evnironment,(lazy, willfully ignorant, or stupid) you want to bring us all down to that level.

Nice name-calling. Very classy.

For me, it has little to do with who actually winds up with what loot. The problems with FFA go beyond that.

I don't want ANY competition with players on the same team as me. I would feel the same about FFA loot even if I got 90% of the drops.

And why does it bug you if a non-FFA OPTION is in the game? How does that negatively impact your experience?
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
I think the main issue here is that humans, by their nature, are garbage. You group with a piece of shit, s/he doesn't do fuck-all for the group and then runs around picking up loot for him/herself. Yeah, I can see why ppl here are QQ'ing about the FFA loot system.

But don't expect this to be fixed any time soon as the devs are more busy working on removing all the special chests from the dungeons instead of addressing a more pressing issue.
Last edited by Udja on Oct 29, 2012, 11:02:16 AM
"
smrd wrote:

We have been over this and over this dude. Can't we just agree to disagree. Is it not ok for people to have differences of opinion? I don't try to change the people who like FFA, I only debate it because I think there should be another option for people who don't like FFA. Like I said already some people don't like the loot system, like myself and swamp dog for example, even if we are the ones getting the loot. For us the game is smoother, faster, and more fun with designated loot that falls just for the player. But to answer your question directly no I don't think people are small for not wanting to compete with their teammates over the loot. We play this game a long time to get good drops and when they do finally happen its really annoying to think that it could be taken by a player that we don't even know or that we have to stop and debate about who gets it.

"
smrd wrote:

This isn't about just learning to trust another player. I can make friends in this game just fine, and I can put up with this loot system when I am playing with cool people. That doesn't make my issues with FFA go away. I would like to be able to just mingle with people in public games and when I do this I am not always out to add to my friends list. I just want to do it to be around other players. But that is not appealing to me in this system.

"
smrd wrote:

Well I see that you have a major issue with people who don't hold the same opinion as you, who play video games differently than you. I am capable of discussing this without name calling the opposing view points. Please don't bring the other posters down to your level by doing this.

I'm sorry that if a looting option is added to this game that you have no confidence FFA would ever be played again. I can only assume thats what has you so bothered.

Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Oct 29, 2012, 11:40:46 AM
"
Udja wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
nathanmnm wrote:
@dalewinters I fear two things, firstly that you fail to understand the meaning of "best practice" with respect to pc games - there is no reason to allow players to choose if they compete (I.e. not force pvp) and yet force what is in effect PvP loot. Secondly I fear your views represent the majority of the poe player base who do not want the game to appeal to anyone else, you want FFA, no problem, but why not allow others to choose?

@GGG The exile in poe implies dark and competitive, I get this however I played D2 for many years and forced FFA is like communism - great in theory but ruined by human nature. I will simply never play any game with forced FFA, I am not overreacting (i have very good reasons for my view), I cannot be convinced that forced ffa can ever be better than a choice of loot modes and I am most certainly not alone.

Because the devs want this to be a cut throat type game . And its not that we.don't know what the game to appeal to anyone else, but, well, this is a game that is more cut throat and hardcore in its mechanics.

If you do not like these mechanics, you are of course free to voice your opinion, as well as possibly consider that a cut throat game is not your style, thus, this game might not be your style.

EDIT. Would edit typos but my phone is acting up. So deal with it.

That or just not group up with selfish pieces of garbage... Just play with your friends.

So everyone that is not in your friends list is a piece of garbage. Lol. Grow up
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
So everyone that is not in your friends list is a piece of garbage. Lol. Grow up

No, you misunderstood me. I find most humans to be garbage by their very repugnant actions. But there is hope, Hurricane Sandy will be on the East Coast soon so... Sorry for any misunderstandings.
Last edited by Udja on Oct 29, 2012, 12:13:08 PM
"
Udja wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

No, you misunderstood me. I find most humans to be garbage by their very repugnant actions. But there is hope, Hurricane Sandy will be on the East Coast soon so... Sorry for any misunderstandings.[/quote:]

Again. Grow up.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Udja wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

"
No, you misunderstood me. I find most humans to be garbage by their very repugnant actions. But there is hope, Hurricane Sandy will be on the East Coast soon so... Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Again. Grow up.[/quote:]

I don't understand your comment... I was being completely serious.
Last edited by Udja on Oct 29, 2012, 2:10:36 PM
So was I.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info