Loot question

"
nathanmnm wrote:
@dalewinters I fear two things, firstly that you fail to understand the meaning of "best practice" with respect to pc games - there is no reason to allow players to choose if they compete (I.e. not force pvp) and yet force what is in effect PvP loot. Secondly I fear your views represent the majority of the poe player base who do not want the game to appeal to anyone else, you want FFA, no problem, but why not allow others to choose?

@GGG The exile in poe implies dark and competitive, I get this however I played D2 for many years and forced FFA is like communism - great in theory but ruined by human nature. I will simply never play any game with forced FFA, I am not overreacting (i have very good reasons for my view), I cannot be convinced that forced ffa can ever be better than a choice of loot modes and I am most certainly not alone.

Because the devs want this to be a cut throat type game . And its not that we.don't know what the game to appeal to anyone else, but, well, this is a game that is more cut throat and hardcore in its mechanics.

If you do not like these mechanics, you are of course free to voice your opinion, as well as possibly consider that a cut throat game is not your style, thus, this game might not be your style.

EDIT. Would edit typos but my phone is acting up. So deal with it.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 27, 2012, 2:54:12 PM
"
nathanmnm wrote:

@GGG The exile in poe implies dark and competitive, I get this however I played D2 for many years and forced FFA is like communism - great in theory but ruined by human nature.

Wise words my friend, wise words
RIP Clip Clop
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
nathanmnm wrote:
@dalewinters I fear two things, firstly that you fail to understand the meaning of "best practice" with respect to pc games - there is no reason to allow players to choose if they compete (I.e. not force pvp) and yet force what is in effect PvP loot. Secondly I fear your views represent the majority of the poe player base who do not want the game to appeal to anyone else, you want FFA, no problem, but why not allow others to choose?

@GGG The exile in poe implies dark and competitive, I get this however I played D2 for many years and forced FFA is like communism - great in theory but ruined by human nature. I will simply never play any game with forced FFA, I am not overreacting (i have very good reasons for my view), I cannot be convinced that forced ffa can ever be better than a choice of loot modes and I am most certainly not alone.

Because the devs want this to be a cut throat type game . And its not that we.don't know what the game to appeal to anyone else, but, well, this is a game that is more cut throat and hardcore in its mechanics.

If you do not like these mechanics, you are of course free to voice your opinion, as well as possibly consider that a cut throat game is not your style, thus, this game might not be your style.

EDIT. Would edit typos but my phone is acting up. So deal with it.

This game is so incredibly hardcore, most everyone I know plays singleplayer. Doesn't get much more hardcore than that.
Standard Forever
Why not play with them then?

Then introduce them to each other.

Now, they won't be playing single player.

Some people hate the loot system regardless of if they know you.

I was also talking in general about people who only play this game single player. I was poking fun at this hardcore game that has a bunch of players playing single player.
Standard Forever
"
nathanmnm wrote:
forced FFA is like communism

I'm not into signatures, but if I had one, that would be it.
"
iamstryker wrote:

This game is so incredibly hardcore, most everyone I know plays singleplayer. Doesn't get much more hardcore than that.

Well, one time,
I played with someone WHO WASN'T EVEN RELATED TO ME.
Lady Luck Loves a Trust Fall
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
nathanmnm wrote:
forced FFA is like communism

I'm not into signatures, but if I had one, that would be it.

Went into mine.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Denninja wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

Well, one time,
I played with someone WHO WASN'T EVEN RELATED TO ME.

Ok......? "confused expression, backs away slowly"
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info