Loot question

I partied up for the first time today in ruthless.. it went really well -- amazingly fast.

I feel like the people in ruthless are not the same people in normal though, not sure I would group up in normal, especially after we go OB.

Love the communism bit from nathanmnm, really sums it up nicely.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
So was I.

You're being serious about what? Growing up?? LMAO! Because I think most humans are human garbage, that warrants to grow up? Please, don't speak to me anymore, there is only so much stupidity I can submit myself to in one day....
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
smrd wrote:

"
iamstryker wrote:

Some people hate the loot system regardless of if they know you.

I was also talking in general about people who only play this game single player. I was poking fun at this hardcore game that has a bunch of players playing single player.

If you really want to play multiplayer but you will not because you are too afraid of someone "taking your loot" does that not make you kind of small?

Really, what are they going to take? What if the first alteration orbs or rare or even a alchemy falls with your name and they don’t take it - it just sits there..? Do you trust them after that? Is that not a tiny small risk that you are unwilling to take to make a friend?

Just because some people cannot adapt to this evnironment,(lazy, willfully ignorant, or stupid) you want to bring us all down to that level.

get over yourself would you. NOT everybody plays your style OK. this game will always be single player or friends only group as long as ffa is there. just cause we don't agree with ffa doesn't mean we are lazy willfully ignorant or stupid. it really makes you all of those cause your to fing stubborn heard headed to see his point of view. so again GET OVER YOURSELF
For you, I’ll say… willful ignorance.

We already can divvy loot any way we want – by agreement among friends.

You want the devs to put a system in that will let the party leader “decide” how loot is divvied – and thus force compliance on everyone.

So some games could be FFA and others instanced right?

Who would join the FFA game? They would naturally assume the person who made the game was intending on hogging all the good loot they could – why would ANYONE join that if they could go with the guaranteed way of getting everything that was theirs.

Option= no option.

All public games would be instanced and we would be right back at the trap that D3 fell into. It’s that simple and it would all be wasted work for GGG to implement.

"
iamstryker wrote:

I would like to be able to just mingle with people in public games and when I do this I am not always out to add to my friends list. I just want to do it to be around other players. But that is not appealing to me in this system.

Do this in low level games. Really does everything have to be “appealing” to you? (HEY CHRIS, SOMETHING IS NOT APPEALING TO STRIKER HERE, PLEASE HELP!)
what is the WORST that could happen? An alch fall and someone else snag it? big deal!

The only thing I don’t like about the current system is the timer. I think FFA loot should not have someone’s name on it – it allows him or her to make claims to items where this should not matter. – But I also see the timer as a preventive for “pick-it” like programs so I have no suggestions for a better system then we currently have – as problematic as it is.
"
cheeseheads wrote:
"
smrd wrote:

"
iamstryker wrote:

Some people hate the loot system regardless of if they know you.

I was also talking in general about people who only play this game single player. I was poking fun at this hardcore game that has a bunch of players playing single player.

If you really want to play multiplayer but you will not because you are too afraid of someone "taking your loot" does that not make you kind of small?

Really, what are they going to take? What if the first alteration orbs or rare or even a alchemy falls with your name and they don’t take it - it just sits there..? Do you trust them after that? Is that not a tiny small risk that you are unwilling to take to make a friend?

Just because some people cannot adapt to this evnironment,(lazy, willfully ignorant, or stupid) you want to bring us all down to that level.

get over yourself would you. NOT everybody plays your style OK. this game will always be single player or friends only group as long as ffa is there. just cause we don't agree with ffa doesn't mean we are lazy willfully ignorant or stupid. it really makes you all of those cause your to fing stubborn heard headed to see his point of view. so again GET OVER YOURSELF

Exactly. IF I group, it's ONLY with my roommates. I don't trust anyone else in game to steal shit. This is an ARPG = single player mode for the most part. As to why there is grouping and pvp is still beyond my understanding... GW2 also has this type of play, private instancing, and that's called a MMORPG - not sure as to why but fine. Until this FFA nonsense is resolved, I will NEVER group with anyone. I believe the game is designed perfectly well for soloing as an ARPG should be.

I'm also not too sure what is happening to the community here as well. Everyone used to be so nice and helpful here but I'm only seeing pricks now...
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
Last edited by Udja on Oct 29, 2012, 4:21:40 PM
"
Udja wrote:

Exactly. IF I group, it's ONLY with my roommates. I don't trust anyone else in game to steal shit. This is an ARPG = single player mode for the most part. As to why there is grouping and pvp is still beyond my understanding... GW2 also has this type of play, private instancing, and that's called a MMORPG - not sure as to why but fine. Until this FFA nonsense is resolved, I will NEVER group with anyone. I believe the game is designed perfectly well for soloing as an ARPG should be.

I'm also not too sure what is happening to the community here as well. Everyone used to be so nice and helpful here but I'm only seeing pricks now...

Add me to the list of FFA = solo game. At least PoE is nicely balanced for solo play.
Open beta is still BETA.
FFA helps you get closer to people I think because you are able to see how trustworthy they are pretty fast.

I really do not understand all of the cries people have about FFA being bad. Every person in the world is not out to steal your loot.. eventually you will find the good people which you can party with if they are on.

When I used the group thing on diablo 3 we would go kill stuff together but it wasn't like we were even a group but just a party of solo players. I would join the group kill stuff finish some quest things leave and never see them again usually without even speaking a word. FFA loot to me is the real partying because you are able to see how a person really is within minutes.

It is funny though the "I will never play a FFA loot game".
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Oct 29, 2012, 6:18:14 PM
"
smrd wrote:

You want the devs to put a system in that will let the party leader “decide” how loot is divvied – and thus force compliance on everyone.

People choose to join the game with that looting system, so no its not forced compliance. What we have now is forced FFA for absolutely everyone, and its obviously not universally popular.

"
smrd wrote:

So some games could be FFA and others instanced right?

Who would join the FFA game? They would naturally assume the person who made the game was intending on hogging all the good loot they could – why would ANYONE join that if they could go with the guaranteed way of getting everything that was theirs.

Maybe because they are like you and enjoy it??? Your comment here is really funny. I will pose another question, why should players who hate FFA loot want to come over and play Path of Exile when there are other ARPG's with instanced loot? They might use the exact logic that you posted above. This is one of my issues with FFA. If Diablo 3 hadn't disappointed me so badly I never would have given Path of Exile the time of day. So your above logic means that FFA should be the forced setting for everyone? POE is already mostly a single player or play with people you know kind of game. Looting options would only make it better.

"
smrd wrote:

Option= no option.

All public games would be instanced and we would be right back at the trap that D3 fell into. It’s that simple and it would all be wasted work for GGG to implement.

It would still be an option whether you think so or not. Wow you mean there would actually be public games to choose from? That sounds awesome. D3's trap was lack of customizaton/bad itemization/RMAH, I think POE is safe from that stuff. I'm not a game developer so I don't know the work involved in just adding in an option for the party leader to extend the timer, I wouldn't think it would be a lot of work but I could be wrong, I wish a dev would comment.

"
smrd wrote:

Do this in low level games. Really does everything have to be “appealing” to you? (HEY CHRIS, SOMETHING IS NOT APPEALING TO STRIKER HERE, PLEASE HELP!)
what is the WORST that could happen? An alch fall and someone else snag it? big deal!

I am playing a video game so ya I kind of want it to be appealing. I guess I could ask you the same question since your QQing so hard about looting options. HEY CHRIS, STRYKER AND A BIG PORTION OF YOUR PLAYERBASE FIND FFA LOOT TO BE VERY UNAPPEALING, PLEASE HELP!) The worst that can happen is that I am not enjoying myself, I will not debate with you why not, you obviously aren't even trying to accept another persons point of view. Keep struggling to try to change us.

"
smrd wrote:

The only thing I don’t like about the current system is the timer. I think FFA loot should not have someone’s name on it – it allows him or her to make claims to items where this should not matter. – But I also see the timer as a preventive for “pick-it” like programs so I have no suggestions for a better system then we currently have – as problematic as it is.

That doesn't surprise me.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Oct 29, 2012, 6:25:51 PM
"
Powster wrote:
FFA helps you get closer to people I think because you are able to see how trustworthy they are pretty fast.

I really do not understand all of the cries people have about FFA being bad. Every person in the world is not out to steal your loot.. eventually you will find the good people which you can party with if they are on.

First off, I am not playing PoE to "get closer to people." There are better ways to do that than playing a video game, and it's simply not why I'm here.

Playing hall monitor with every new name I have join my party does not sound fun. Who would enjoy weeding through player after player to 'eventually' find people who won't try to ninja everything?

With an instanced option, I can focus on what I do enjoy: playing the game.

"
smrd wrote:
Option= no option.

No option = no option.
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
Option of instanced loot but without the IIQ bonus will severely affect whether some players do instanced or not.

Losing up to 250% IIQ is a bid deal, and one hell of a decision.

I think that's the best compromise possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info