What's happening when Anarchy/Onslaught leagues end?

"
Malone wrote:
"
Karatecowboy wrote:
"
mobutu wrote:
I just re-read the op made by the lead developer:
i remember he was specifically saying that old versions of "targeted-for-nerf" uniques will coexist (aka legacies).
now the op is edited and that part is gone.
hmm, I might be wrong. thou I hope not and maybe they see logic where logic is.

I really hope that you are right. I also wish they would do the same thing with onyx amulets, but whatever... Anarchy and Onslauth only uniques seems to be alright since they'll eventually be back as they said

what is unclear for you ?

"
Chris wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
"ok you farmed like a mad cow to pay your Kaom Heart 30 exalts , and now we will nerf it ahahaha... hey why are you leaving the game ????"

Generally speaking, numeric nerfs to items don't apply to old ones.

As you should have noticed by now. Yes, I disagree with some of the GGG design decisions, choices or whatever you want to call it. Have a good day sir
"
Malone wrote:
what is unclear for you?

Read my post again and then you'll see what i meant.

I was referring to the op (original post - aka the first post of the thread) where the lead developer of the game specifically mentioned that the old unbalanced uniques will coexist with the new balanced same uniques.

Now that part is gone. No longer there. Deleted.
He edited the op (original post - aka the first post of the thread) almost 1 day after he posted it (just look at the dates).

It is true that he left that "numeric" other reply somewhere in the thread (dated sooner than the edited original post btw) but why would he delete that part from the original post? maybe because they are not sure yet what will they do? maybe because it isn't decided yet?

I sure hope so and I sure hope they'll do the only right thing possible: don't allow legacies, don't unbalance the game more than it already is. Don't be subjective, be objective.
"
reboticon wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

One's current build does not get nerfed due to changes to items you do not own; it can however be nerfed/buffed depending on changes to items one does own.

Thanks for saying so. Now we can agree it doesn't matter if some people have legacy items because it won't affect YOUR build.

Sure it won't affect my build. However, the game does not begin and end with one's build. This is not a single player game, it is multiplayer game with an extensive trading system.

It is also a min-maxing game.

Given that it is a multiplayer game, I would have to simply store my legacy items (i.e. not use them) or divine them; same goes for any party members I would be playing with. It is one thing to nerf my equips directly, another one is to force me to either not use them or buy divines to "fix them".

What is most disturbing is not the changes per se, it is GGG's motivation or to be more precise: lack of proper compelling argumentation.

I can agree with that uniques that only dropped in anarchy/onslaught, won't drop anymore. That's fine as a reward for those who participated in anarchy/onslaught. An entire different problem is the one they intend to do with certain endgame uniques: where they intend to let several versions of the same item exist.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mobutu wrote:

I was referring to the op (original post - aka the first post of the thread) where the lead developer of the game specifically mentioned that the old unbalanced uniques will coexist with the new balanced same uniques.

I never read that part, and I posted quite quickly after the OP has posted, so are you sure you didnt dream it ? I even asked specifically Chris for this concern, and got the answer, and he didnt edit the answer either...
IGN TylordRampage
Looking forward:)
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
what is unclear for you?

Don't be subjective, be objective.

You are damn subjektive in this case

edit: And the post-change mentioned #1 you referring... you have any proove or screenshots etc.? I rather think you drank too much :D
Last edited by LPSoldier on Sep 25, 2013, 5:24:13 AM
^lol at the above poster ;)
I'm stating: unbalanced must be balanced ---> this is 100% objective;
You're stating: dont balance my unbalanced item! $#%#$^%##^# ---> this is 100% subjective.
logic 101, the basics. with yellow cover.
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 25, 2013, 3:47:04 AM
"
mobutu wrote:
^lol at the above poster ;)
I'm stating: unbalanced must be balanced ---> this is 100% objective;
You're stating: dont balance my unbalanced item! $#%#$^%##^# ---> this is 100% subjective.
logic 101, the basics. with yellow cover.

First you did not answer my first question considering the mystery post.
Second there is not a objetive side in argumentation. And 100% isnt anything, esspecially about moral issues and subjective sense. Dont play the referee if you choose one side lal
"
LPSoldier wrote:
First you did not answer my first question considering the mystery post.

Because it was unimportant, but because you insist: I already mentioned that i might be wrong, this is just the way i remember things. Unfortunately i havent took a screenshot. The original post is indeed edited after like 15 hours or something. Dunno, maybe he edited a small spelling mistake lol (thou highly unlikely)
And i couldn't care less if you think i drank, or smoke or dreamed or whatever, that is your concern.

"
LPSoldier wrote:
Second there is not a objetive side in argumentation. And 100% isnt anything, esspecially about moral issues and subjective sense. Dont play the referee if you choose one side lal

I assume everybody in their right mind wants to play a balanced game. Not unbalanced.
Hence the 100% objective statement of "unbalanced needs to be balanced".
That is all and is pretty simple.
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 25, 2013, 5:42:47 AM
Now a funny idea... let's imagine the new "nerfed" Kaom would have 1200 HP instead of the classic 1000 - yes, a better more OP version.

At a guess I'd say not a lot of people would be interested in - nor arguing about - keeping the old Kaoms as legacy items... even if their rarity should make them more "valuable" items.

Would there still be people around to state that "Legacy items are fun" ? I seriously doubt it.

Everyone would like his / her Kaom to be updated to the new version right ?

For things to be fair there is only one alternative: nerf all or nerf none.

If the devs feel some items are OP and thus enticing players to select their builds / classes from a very limited subset, and want the players to add some variety to their builds, they could tackle the problem the other way: instead of nerfing existing items (and generate unhappiness among the folks owning them) take the long way that wouldn't make anyone grumpy: create new OP items that would make other classes more attractive to build.

OP objects aren't disturbing anyone as long as - given reasonable time of playing or efforts - everyone is able to get one. By the way, more rewards should be obtainable according to efforts / involvement in the game rather than sheer luck in drops or crafting rolls.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info