What's happening when Anarchy/Onslaught leagues end?

"
scorpitron wrote:
there is a whole game to be played between lvl 1 and end game though, so it seems like you only care about "end-game" but that is a narrow view i think.

i agree on full wipe, id love it and not mind one bit but they promised too many times if you think this issue is bad can't imagine the QQ storm if that was announced.

Come on now. It was right before your post...

"
Karatecowboy wrote:
I personally would be happy with a full wipe of leagues. However, they already told players that their beta characters will be kept, even after the full release of the game. If GGG decided to change their minds now, too many people would be unhappy with that decision

Edit: thats why I think my idea could a good way to solve all these problems :

"
Karatecowboy wrote:
I kinda lost hope in GGG fixing the legacy and other items that are going to become unavailable to new characters/players. It seems like the reason why they made that choice is simply because they lack money and time to do such a fix. So, instead I think they should make an other "standard" permanent league at launch (idk how it would be named, but that doesn't really mather). One that is completely independant of the other ones so everyone can have a fresh start in a balanced league (THAT WILL HOPEFULLY STAY BALANCED). Of course it is not the best way to solve this issue, but it sounds like it would be the most realistic one. Anyways, I just hope they find a way to fix the problem, whatever it is... or else... bye bye GGG and good job ruining one of the best game I ever played.
"
Karatecowboy wrote:

You dont seem to understand why Im disagreeing with the new legacy items. Im not against the gear nerf. Im against the fact that legacy gear will remain the same and that new the version of these items will be weaker which will create imbalance between rich/poor new/old players. Please read a few of my posts before replying...

There are people with over 3,000 exalts in Standard. It's never going to be balanced.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
(...)
Well at least you are consistent, so I value your opinion more. That said, Legacy items are going to exist for the same reason.

"
mazul wrote:

Lol. You do realize that builds are being nerfed/buffed every few patches and that gear is nothing more than just a part of your build?

Since every player in this game should be prepared to accept a nerf to their build through a patch that affects skill, talent tree or game mechanics, they should logically also be ready to accept a nerf to their build through gear. Why "gear" would receive some mysterious exception, is not rational.

Just consider Legacy items that you don't have to be a nerf to YOUR build, then, and accept it.

One's current build does not get nerfed due to changes to items you do not own; it can however be nerfed/buffed depending on changes to items one does own.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:

One's current build does not get nerfed due to changes to items you do not own; it can however be nerfed/buffed depending on changes to items one does own.

Thanks for saying so. Now we can agree it doesn't matter if some people have legacy items because it won't affect YOUR build.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:

Just consider Legacy items that you don't have to be a nerf to YOUR build, then, and accept it.

Well its not really the same deal imo here. Why would I be nerfed while some others wont?

Edit: For example, why would someone who drops koams the day after the release of the patch benefit less from it than me, just because I got it before him?

"
reboticon wrote:

There are people with over 3,000 exalts in Standard. It's never going to be balanced.

Of course pure balance is impossible. But, why not make it as balanced as possible?
Last edited by Karatecowboy on Sep 24, 2013, 6:02:56 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
So you support a full wipe? I mean, after all, it's pretty unbalanced for new people at release if there are people in standard already with hundreds or thousands of exalts and BiS gear.
If you DON'T support full wipe, Explain.

"
reboticon wrote:

So what, let us follow your logic a little bit:
because there are people that accumulated a wealth of 3k exalted (so you say) this means the game is "unbalanced". So lets make it more unbalanced by allowing legacies too, right? Why not make those already proven OP items even more OP, because the game is already unbalanced (those 3k exalted)?
fail logic.

what amount of wealth a individual accumulated over time in standard has nothing to do with allowing legacies or not.
a player that plays all day long (the so called no lifer) will always be way richer than a casual player that playes 2 hours per day. that is no unbalance. thats just normal.

about the (full)wipe:
was telling them way long ago in closed beta that they aren't doing a good thing by promising no more wipes after openbeta.
my reasoning in telling them that was because this (type of) game is like an equation with a gazillion of unknown elements, nobody can balance it right from the first time, heck almost never will be balanced.
But they promised. they shouldnt have imo. they would have more room now, to breathe a little.

so with that in mind, i dont support or recommend a (full)wipe.
if they gone this way then at least make it fair an logical: do not allow legacies.
if it were up to me was even simpler: every league on its own, with no transfer between leagues whatsoever, with no dumping between leagues. if it droped in that league then it stays in that league.
when balance (nerf) then nerf all or dont nerf at all. be fair. your game matters most than some subjective cries over an unbalanced item.
ye, that would have solved a lot of problems. but people would still play standard and this drives the dev mad. that is why they are trying so hard to switch people to temp leagues.

eh
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 24, 2013, 6:09:19 PM
"
mobutu wrote:

if it were up to me was even simpler: every league on its own, with no transfer between leagues whatsoever, with no dumping between leagues. if it droped in that league then it stays in that league.
when balance (nerf) then nerf all or dont nerf at all. be fair. your game matters most than some subjective cries over an unbalanced item.

Yep, I agree, this would definitely be the best thing GGG could do
Last edited by Karatecowboy on Sep 24, 2013, 6:09:33 PM
I just re-read the op made by the lead developer:
i remember he was specifically saying that old versions of "targeted-for-nerf" uniques will coexist (aka legacies).
now the op is edited and that part is gone.
hmm, I might be wrong. thou I hope not and maybe they see logic where logic is.
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 24, 2013, 6:14:56 PM
"
mobutu wrote:
i remember he was specifically saying that old versions of "targeted-for-nerf" uniques will coexist (aka legacies).

I really hope that you are right. I also wish they would do the same thing with onyx amulets, but whatever... Anarchy and Onslauth only uniques seems to be alright since they'll eventually be back as they said
"
Karatecowboy wrote:
"
mobutu wrote:

I really hope that you are right. I also wish they would do the same thing with onyx amulets, but whatever... Anarchy and Onslauth only uniques seems to be alright since they'll eventually be back as they said

what is unclear for you ?

"
Chris wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
"ok you farmed like a mad cow to pay your Kaom Heart 30 exalts , and now we will nerf it ahahaha... hey why are you leaving the game ????"

Generally speaking, numeric nerfs to items don't apply to old ones.
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info