What's happening when Anarchy/Onslaught leagues end?

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
Builds that wouldn't exist/ less feasible without legacy items:

Dischargers.
Summoners.
Low life builds.
Unrighteous fire build.
Magic Find(nickel and dime it to high IIR/IIQ)

Easy testing to see what is best for linked skills(R.I.P. Tabula Rasa)

Just from the top of my head... Anyone play any of those? I know I do. Well bye bye guys if Legacy items disappear.

Im not sure on which side you are.
"
Karatecowboy wrote:

So your reasoning is that they should add imbalance into the game cause its fun for a few players? Alright

The imbalance is just in your head, and nothing which may alter your gaming experience unless you do some PvP ( lolz )
IGN TylordRampage
"
Karatecowboy wrote:

So your reasoning is that they should add imbalance into the game cause its fun for a few players? Alright

Yes my friend that is it :)
"
Malone wrote:
"
Karatecowboy wrote:

The imbalance is just in your head, and nothing which may alter your gaming experience unless you do some PvP ( lolz )

In my head? It seems pretty obvious that 1000 hp is higher than 800? Dont you think? And what if I like to PvP? and how does that not affect me in PvM? 200 hp + hp multipliers does make a huge difference in PvM as well...

Edit: that is just an example with koams (I heard somewhere that it would be around a 200 hp nerf, but it may be something else), but anyways. A nerf is a nerf. It means that the new version will not be as good as the older one, therefore altering my game experience...
Last edited by Karatecowboy on Sep 24, 2013, 4:39:22 PM
How do you guys figure this build or that build couldn't exist without Legacy items when they haven't (as far as I know) even said what they will be "Balancing?"
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
dspair wrote:
RIP standard and hardcore.

This. I may try the new leagues if they are interesting enough, but if they are not, then it means I won't be returning to PoE at all (Currently taking break for FFXIV, but been reading patches).

My intention was to return to PoE and start donating my part to GGG for what I thought was a great game (yeah, better late than never I thought). The plan was to return to my standard character and start adjusting for the changes. However, so called "legacy items" which matters in endgame, is something I simply cannot stand regardless of that I would "benefit" from such changes; if I had to choose between P2W item mall and such endgame legacy items, I would have chosen the p2w item mall.

Endgame legacy items is a dealbreaker for me, there is no way around it. I hope GGG changes their mind. If not, well it was fun while it lasted.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Dragwlya wrote:
I said it before, I'll say it again: make the "legacy" uniques "untradeable" and everything's gonna be alright.

I said it before, I'll say it again: this is merely a bandaid to the effect of the problem not to the problem itself. it doesnt solve anythig: unbalanced items will coexist with the same items but balanced causing an unhealthy and unbalanced game.
The only solution to this real problem is not allowing legacy.
simple.logic
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 24, 2013, 4:47:43 PM
"
Karatecowboy wrote:
It seems like the reason why they made that choice is simply because they lack money and time to do such a fix.

No, its something more trivial and shameful done by the developer.

It's extremely easily fixable by correcting all the existing items (no time and money involved) but ggg does this "legacy" thing to drive you away from standard league, they dont want you to play standard league, they want you to play the 4-month-temporary league, to start over and over again.

They just dont like that there are so many people still playing standard league and they want to make it miserable for you there in the hope that you'll have enough misery there so you switch to their temporary league.

And they lure/bait you with all the league-only-specific things like rogue exile, new item bases, new uniques-only-spawnable-in-that-league, new whatever shit they come up with.
All the while making your standard game experience deteriorate. This legacy thing does exactly this, the more unbalanced the game is by various unbalanced items left in the game as "legacy" the more deteriorate game experience you will have, thus they hope to drive you away from standard.

They do this 100% intentionally and knowingly.
Shameful attitude thou.
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 24, 2013, 4:59:43 PM
"
Miszou wrote:
THIS IS WHAT LEAGUES ARE FOR!!
There is nothing to fix, because it is done this way BY DESIGN

you still don't see or don't want to see the real problem. still beating around the bush.
by design you say? ridiculous. it is extremely bad design then if it makes the game unbalanced and not healthy.
its not rocket science to see that, is common logic. but some of you fail at even that.
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Karatecowboy wrote:
It seems like the reason why they made that choice is simply because they lack money and time to do such a fix.

No, its something more trivial and shameful done by the developer.

It's extremely easily fixable by correcting all the existing items (no time and money involved) but ggg does this "legacy" thing to drive you away from standard league, they dont want you to play standard league, they want you to play the 4-month-temporary league, to start over and over again.

They just dont like that there are so many people still playing standard league and they want to make it miserable for you there in the hope that you'll have enough misery there so you switch to their temporary league.

And they lure/bait you with all the league-only-specific things like rogue exile, new item bases, new uniques-only-spawnable-in-that-league, new whatever shit they come up with.
All the while making your standard game experience deteriorate. This legacy thing does exactly this, the more unbalanced the game is by various unbalanced items left in the game as "legacy" the more deteriorate game experience you will have, thus they hope to driive you away from standard.

They do this 100% intentionally and knowingly.
Shameful attitude thou.

I personally enjoy more playing one character that Ill be able to keep forever and gradually update his gear (and gain exp) to maybe one day complete my full build, with the best gear possible and all. I also think that this is how most people like to play this game, so if thats what pushing them to take such a decision... I must say that yeah they are really doing it wrong

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info