What's happening when Anarchy/Onslaught leagues end?

"
mobutu wrote:
"
Miszou wrote:
THIS IS WHAT LEAGUES ARE FOR!!
There is nothing to fix, because it is done this way BY DESIGN

you still don't see or don't want to see the real problem. still beating around the bush.
by design you say? ridiculous. it is extremely bad design then if it makes the game unbalanced and not healthy.
its not rocket science to see that, is common logic. but some of you fail at even that.

So you support a full wipe? I mean, after all, it's pretty unbalanced for new people at release if there are people in standard already with hundreds or thousands of exalts and BiS gear.

If you DON'T support full wipe, Explain.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Miszou wrote:
THIS IS WHAT LEAGUES ARE FOR!!
There is nothing to fix, because it is done this way BY DESIGN

you still don't see or don't want to see the real problem. still beating around the bush.
by design you say? ridiculous. it is extremely bad design then if it makes the game unbalanced and not healthy.
its not rocket science to see that, is common logic. but some of you fail at even that.

So you support a full wipe? I mean, after all, it's pretty unbalanced for new people at release if there are people in standard already with hundreds or thousands of exalts and BiS gear.

If you DON'T support full wipe, Explain.

I personally would be happy with a full wipe of leagues. However, they already told players that their beta characters will be kept, even after the full release of the game. If GGG decided to change their minds now, too many people would be unhappy with that decision

Edit: thats why I think my idea could a good way to solve all these problems :

"
Karatecowboy wrote:
I kinda lost hope in GGG fixing the legacy and other items that are going to become unavailable to new characters/players. It seems like the reason why they made that choice is simply because they lack money and time to do such a fix. So, instead I think they should make an other "standard" permanent league at launch (idk how it would be named, but that doesn't really mather). One that is completely independant of the other ones so everyone can have a fresh start in a balanced league (THAT WILL HOPEFULLY STAY BALANCED). Of course it is not the best way to solve this issue, but it sounds like it would be the most realistic one. Anyways, I just hope they find a way to fix the problem, whatever it is... or else... bye bye GGG and good job ruining one of the best game I ever played.
Last edited by Karatecowboy on Sep 24, 2013, 5:17:13 PM
"
Karatecowboy wrote:

I personally would be happy with a full wipe of leagues. However, they already told players that their beta characters will be kept, even after the full release of the game. If GGG decided to change their minds now, too many people would be unhappy with that decision

and they have already set the precedent of legacy items a long time ago and you have been playing with them around this whole time...why is this time now breaking the game?
~SotW HC Guild~

"
scorpitron wrote:
"
Karatecowboy wrote:

and they have already set the precedent of legacy items a long time ago and you have been playing with them around this whole time...why is this time now breaking the game?

The old legacy items do not affect end game builds. So even tho I dont support the current legacy items I do not feel like they would need to be removed

Edit: Either way, a new permanent league or a full wipe would take care of these items as well
Last edited by Karatecowboy on Sep 24, 2013, 5:23:43 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
"
Kochise wrote:

Why are they idiots? Because they choose not to start over on a new ladder? I think not. They could perhaps say the same about you and others who want and think this is the only solution or answer. Some want to continue with their stash and characters they have. And for choosing This They will have a limited or nerfed version... Watered down, lopsided even play experience because of multiple versions of items existing and the game being balanced around these items.

Those issues won't exist in new leagues. If you want to play in standard and keep your stuff, cool. Everyone else wants to get to keep their stuff, also. Why should you be the only one to keep your stuff? Hence, Legacy items.

Lol. You do realize that builds are being nerfed/buffed every few patches and that gear is nothing more than just a part of your build?

Since every player in this game should be prepared to accept a nerf to their build through a patch that affects skill, talent tree or game mechanics, they should logically also be ready to accept a nerf to their build through gear. Why "gear" would receive some mysterious exception, is not rational.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Inksm3ar wrote:
explain. This is what I know:
The best builds are not built with the legacy items.

All i know and everybody knows is that popular and succesful builds are based on some of those or all of those proven overpowered and unbalanced unique items. Why so you think they are so sought after?
Now, if some of those unbalanced items gets corrected (rebalanced) but the old unbalanced ones are still left in the game thats obviously bad and will make that popular and succesful build even more succesful (thus unbalanced).

best builds? how do you define "best builds"? if you're meaning top of the top rolled/crafted rares then yea, thats a "best build". But those are so rare and so very expensive that only the very rich ones can do.

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
The legacy items support builds and make them possible but without rares your build wont stand a chance in merciless.

already those popular succesful builds based on those proven OP uniques are quite popular and succesful in merciless difficulty, end-game mapping.

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
This isn't Diablo 2

i'm glad it isnt. I want it really different. In a good way ofc. legacy items are not good unfortunately.

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
Kaom's isn't OP. Its so well balanced its crazy.

ofcourse its OP. Why do you think the deveeloper feels the need to "rebalance" it? because it is so "well balanced its crazy"? "Lets rebalance a well balanced item" lol

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
no matter what you say Diablo 2(and sadly 3) are amazingly popular.

Where did i say that they aren't? Of course they are.

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
POE will make their money with or without you.

with or without you either.
I wonder how many more "with or without you" are needed that the game begins to have real problems. but i digress.

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
These legacy items are fun.

They may be fun or dont, i really dont care, all i know their existence as unbalanced items in game is bad for the game. The game needs to be first and foremost balanced and healthy and with these legacies it cant be that.

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
Legacy items have been created.

only silverbranch, for now. a useless item anyway. a non op item anyway.
is bad that they didnt correct it "man up" style but at least is a non-important item.
it doesnt mean because of one ordinary item was legacied then we can do one thousand more.

"
Inksm3ar wrote:
The will continue to be created.

i sure hope not, its a nobrainer for me.
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 24, 2013, 5:44:56 PM
"
Karatecowboy wrote:
"
scorpitron wrote:
"
Karatecowboy wrote:

The old legacy items do not affect end game builds. So even tho I dont support the current legacy items I do not feel like they would need to be removed

Edit: Either way, a new permanent league or a full wipe would take care of these items as well

there is a whole game to be played between lvl 1 and end game though, so it seems like you only care about "end-game" but that is a narrow view i think.

i agree on full wipe, id love it and not mind one bit but they promised too many times if you think this issue is bad can't imagine the QQ storm if that was announced.
~SotW HC Guild~

"
mazul wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
"
Kochise wrote:

Why are they idiots? Because they choose not to start over on a new ladder? I think not. They could perhaps say the same about you and others who want and think this is the only solution or answer. Some want to continue with their stash and characters they have. And for choosing This They will have a limited or nerfed version... Watered down, lopsided even play experience because of multiple versions of items existing and the game being balanced around these items.

Those issues won't exist in new leagues. If you want to play in standard and keep your stuff, cool. Everyone else wants to get to keep their stuff, also. Why should you be the only one to keep your stuff? Hence, Legacy items.

Lol. You do realize that builds are being nerfed/buffed every few patches and that gear is nothing more than just a part of your build?

Since every player in this game should be prepared to accept a nerf to their build through a patch that affects skill, talent tree or game mechanics, they should logically also be ready to accept a nerf to their build through gear. Why "gear" would receive some mysterious exception, is not rational.

You dont seem to understand why Im disagreeing with the new legacy items. Im not against the gear nerf. Im against the fact that legacy gear will remain the same and that new the version of these items will be weaker which will create imbalance between rich/poor new/old players. Please read a few of my posts before replying...
"
Malone wrote:
The imbalance is just in your head, and nothing which may alter your gaming experience unless you do some PvP

there is no problem in your head therefore there is no imbalance in the same head of yours.
luckily others with more acutely senses see the problem hence the imbalance.
its there, you just dont see it. or dont want to see it.
"
Karatecowboy wrote:
\

Well at least you are consistent, so I value your opinion more. That said, Legacy items are going to exist for the same reason.

"
mazul wrote:

Just consider Legacy items that you don't have to be a nerf to YOUR build, then, and accept it.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info