0.9.12j Patch Notes

Yay now I don't have to constantly recast my aura at zone in!!!

Have been waiting for this :)
S L O W E R
This discussion about auras is somewhat misdirected. The ability to use Auras when they were not on your character was a bug. It was a bug we knew about for a long time and many players were exploiting, but it was a bug none the less. It was always our intention to fix it at some point.

We place a limit on how many skills you can use by limiting the number of total sockets a character can have. That limit is currently 24, but many players may have less than that depending on their gear.

The question here is not if auras should stay on when you don't have them equipped, the question is about if the number of sockets the players currently have is a good number.

If you feel that players do not currently have enough sockets to create reasonable builds then please feel free to redirect your arguments to answering that question rather than the question of if we should fix bugs.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
"
Elynole wrote:
"
maxie12 wrote:
WTF.

This game is getting worse and worse the closer it gets to release.

Not only is there no reason to play the 'end-game' content but now you're removing quirks and useful tricks that make what little is worth playing worth playing?

FFS get a grip.

How bout you guys stop nerfing and start working on actual improvements, GGG.

Such as, you know, elementary stuff that should have been in months ago such as trade windows. Chat rooms. Channels.

Thanks for totally fucking up my character.

I think I'll join the rest of the playerbase and go entertain myself in GW2.

Thanks for the month of fun, was worth the $10.

You do realize this is a BETA right?

So what?

Hey, you know what's not in beta but now thanks to this aura change has almost identical mechanics and gameplay? Diablo 3. If I wanted to play some pocky game where I could only utilise skills that the designers deign to allow me to use, I'd be playing that.

Edit in re: the above post - If it ain't broke, but is totally build-enabling, then don't fix it.
Last edited by maxie12 on Sep 20, 2012, 11:04:19 PM
All I want to say is that "It's now slightly harder to find higher level Maps".
"
maxie12 wrote:
Edit in re: the above post - If it ain't broke, but is totally build-enabling, then don't fix it.

You know what though, it WAS broken. 7+ auras thanks to a weapon swap was obviously abusing the bug and making these characters far more powerful than they should be.

It was broken, and I'm glad GGG fixed it.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Sep 20, 2012, 11:39:02 PM
Still no word on leveling gems socketed in our alt slots?

I have to say I love not having to recast auras! Thanks GGG.

Falan
Auras stay on, yay!!
Great patch GGG! Forget what maxie12 posted. To me this patch tightened up my build. It maid me think what was important to my build and what was not. I am one that will help(in my small way)keep your doors open for years to come.
"
Falan2 wrote:

They still gain experience.

It took a lot of willpower not to add "For now..." to that.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Falan2 wrote:

They still gain experience.

It took a lot of willpower not to add "For now..." to that.

Good...keep that kind of willpower.

Now i know some builds that got fucked due to this patch.
Glad it wasn't me.
FFA loot = Single Player Game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info