0.9.12j Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
"
Falan2 wrote:
Still no word on leveling gems socketed in our alt slots?

They still gain experience.

It took a lot of willpower not to add "For now..." to that.

I thank you for having such incredibly strong willpower, =)

Preventing gems from gaining experience in offsets would do too much to hurt builds that use two weapon sets.... which I now really want to build.
Quite honestly I'm sad to see the non-socketed auras being nerfed. I understand that it was considered a bug but I feel this was a mechanic that actually worked and should have been left in play. I did use the system on a few builds, in fact it was exactly that mechanic that made those builds possible.

I'm BACK :)
"
Jonathan wrote:
This discussion about auras is somewhat misdirected. The ability to use Auras when they were not on your character was a bug. It was a bug we knew about for a long time and many players were exploiting, but it was a bug none the less. It was always our intention to fix it at some point.

We place a limit on how many skills you can use by limiting the number of total sockets a character can have. That limit is currently 24, but many players may have less than that depending on their gear.

The question here is not if auras should stay on when you don't have them equipped, the question is about if the number of sockets the players currently have is a good number.

If you feel that players do not currently have enough sockets to create reasonable builds then please feel free to redirect your arguments to answering that question rather than the question of if we should fix bugs.

Considering that Auras reserve mana or life, I thought you guys would be okay with this.
I completely understand the 24 limit, but you really killed off some interesting builds :(

If anything, the one thing I'd like to see changed in terms of sockets, would be +1 added to every piece besides chest and weapons. And then shape the links to be X shaped when fully linked and square when not.

Would also love to see sockets in amulets and rings! And the idea for this is, maybe to add a random stat value where it would roll a random level for a random support gem and that would support whatever skill is in the amulet/ring. (Ofc this would take up a property slot, maybe 2 for balance).

This way alot of the builds killed by this patch would be reborn as long as you had the gear for it.
Last edited by Bowser93 on Sep 21, 2012, 1:02:24 AM
Answer to casting auras is key binding. Allow players to bind aura skills (and only them), which are in the sockets on active weapons, to keys.

You enter zone, press 6, 7, 8 and tada, auras on.

No reason to have aura on last spot of hotbar and swapping them for casting, as everyone do it now. I know it takes few seconds, but it's bit clumsy and key binding will solve it.

I don't know if this is in the plans, but here I go:

Is it possible to have two completely different hotkey layouts for each weapon set? As it is right now, skills that are not socketed on weapons will retain its position in the hotkey bar through swaps and will override skills socketed on weapons that are in that same hotkey slot.

I believe the addition of this feature would allow us to use the weapon swap feature to its fullest and also allow us to use all our skills: as it is now, there are many cases where we'd have to rebind various skills every time we swap weapons.
the nerf on auras was rather saddening and unfortunate as it could have been helpful in preparing for the upcoming implementation of new resistances. :(
"
Fixed the display of weapon DPS on the website's "Item Data" section. It now has one decimal point of precision.

you forgot about "base weapon critical chance" would be nice to add info in item data (dps may also change)
it's most important thing to critical base builds
hiding your aura gems in a secondary weapon slot was considered best practice as for close combat the weapon swap animation is imho too slow, even to place curses in there.
Awesome changes, love the aura fix! Keep it up, GGG.
I think the big problem with aura's is that they're a waste of a hotkey, but they also don't require a hotkey! this means players have to hotkey all their auras, cast their auras, then unhotkey the auras...

this process is really lame and annoying and players used to use the alt weapon set to achieve this effect (however this ALSO effectively made all the auras cost 0gem slots and allowed auras to have a lot more support gems on average used on them)

if you don't want players using this 'sploit' to bypass the gem requirement, well thats fine, but there should still be a way to enable all auras without so much hotkey micromanagement, maybe there should be a seperate menu for auras? or maybe a way to simply toggle every aura in every gem without having to hotkey any of them? via a button or hotkey? or who knows?

obviously having them transfer between areas means that players don't have to do this annoying task every time they change zones (which they used to have to do back before alternate weapon sets existed a long while back and whoaaaa boy did that suck)..

still it'd be nice to never have to do it, ever, maybe every aura which is in socketed in, should appear in the upper left? with an image for offline and an image for online? and clicking each would toggle it? (players could still hotkey certain auras if they want?)

just trying to think of way to solve this problem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info