0.9.12j Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
It's no longer possible to have auras active when their gems are on your inactive weapon set.

Damn, my summoner just got destroyed. :/

edit: I don't want to complain and the change is probably right. But it hurts nonetheless.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Sep 21, 2012, 6:06:10 AM
wow, finally a fix for us suckers playing without sound? I might have to reopen this baby!

yeah!
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Wow I cannot believe how inconsistent it is to not allow 2nd Slot Auras to work, but to alow 2nd Slot gems to gain experience.....this is bullshit.
Either you should allow the 2nd Slot to be of use, or delete it entirely. I really dislike your idea of disabling aura-swapping. You call it a bug? I'd call it a well-designed feature.
I mean the fact that a Dualwield melee champ embraces his mysterious magic 2-Hand staff to awaken powerful auras that support him sounds logic and fun to me ;)
You want to redirect the discussion to wether there are enough sockets or skillslots? Well thats a good idea.

Assume this example of a typical character

a) I am using a CI Dagger-Shield Shadow.
b) I use Elemental Hit for single target damage on my right click. (4-Linked with Weapon Elemental Damage, Culling Strike, Faster Attacks and Mana Leech in my Helmet)
c) I use Elemental Weakness Curse on my Mouse wheel (4-Linked with Faster Casting, Increased Area of Effect and Increased Duration in my Gloves...you get the idea)
d) I Use my Main-AOE Attack LS on my left click (5-Linked Chest)
e) Furthermore I use Whirling Blades for Escape on my Q(4-Linked Boots)

Now I have only 6 Socketsleft on my character to accommodate

1. Bloodrage
2. Portal
3. Phaserun (Linked with increased duration).
4. Detonate dead (linked with Totem Support)

No Sockets left and..... oh wait I am still missing my 4 Auras which I had linked with reduced Mana Cost in my second slot.

But how do you want to change the amount of available sockets?

Here is a few suggestions: (with pros and cons)

Increase the number of slots available on Helmets, Gloves and Shoes to 6
- requires design overhaul since so far slots were aligned to amount of squares an item uses in inventory
+ allows for accommodation and meaningful linking of more skills and auras
- might require more balancing because of the possibility of gaining up to 4 6-linked skills

Increase the Number of slots available on one handed weapons and offhands to 6 (shields + quivers) - so far the number of llots one could get in both weapon slots was 6 (either 3+3 or 6)
- requires design overhaul since so far slots were aligned to amount of squares an item uses in inventory
- might require rebalancing of 2 Handed Weapons (Except bows) (e.g. by developing Offhands for 2-hand weapons to

Develop a new form of Slots for Auras (and Supports ) only (e.g. establishing aura slots outside of items could be named “soul sockets”)
- requires major designing /programming

Re-enable the effect of the second weapon slot

+ allows for accommodation and meaningful linking of auras / lvling additional gems
+ does not require major overhaul or balancing of any kind
+ simply call it a feature not a bug!

And now, just think for your self which of these solutions is the lowest hanging fruit....

Last edited by C4ph on Sep 21, 2012, 6:59:28 AM
"
bluefirefox wrote:
I don't know if this is in the plans, but here I go:

Is it possible to have two completely different hotkey layouts for each weapon set? As it is right now, skills that are not socketed on weapons will retain its position in the hotkey bar through swaps and will override skills socketed on weapons that are in that same hotkey slot.

I believe the addition of this feature would allow us to use the weapon swap feature to its fullest and also allow us to use all our skills: as it is now, there are many cases where we'd have to rebind various skills every time we swap weapons.

I would like this as well.
Yup, Just completely destroyed duelists with this, I think. At least mine. Weapon swap is now completely useless to me.
I don't nearly have sockets to have 2-3 auras, which i think is sane, and actually use any support gems, esp. on dual wielding skills which is the base of dual wielding at all.

Last two changes you announced really, REALLY destroyed my enthusiasm about this game. Like the previous change, Now i have to farm more to get more gear with more sockets, with more resists, and more life etc etc etc to be viable as a DW/duelist.

Why are you forcing farming and being 100% gear dependent more and more? I don't understand the last month of changes AT ALL.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
Last edited by ransagy on Sep 21, 2012, 7:14:54 AM
"
petzki wrote:
Spoiler
"
bluefirefox wrote:
I don't know if this is in the plans, but here I go:

Is it possible to have two completely different hotkey layouts for each weapon set? As it is right now, skills that are not socketed on weapons will retain its position in the hotkey bar through swaps and will override skills socketed on weapons that are in that same hotkey slot.

I believe the addition of this feature would allow us to use the weapon swap feature to its fullest and also allow us to use all our skills: as it is now, there are many cases where we'd have to rebind various skills every time we swap weapons.

I would like this as well.

Can't see how anyone would disagree on this one. +1.

Regarding the socket/aura stuff. I back GGG's decision, because, as it were, swapping weapons, activating auras, and swapping back really is a bad design feature. Then one could further the argument as to why you're not being able to use the skills socketed in the alternate weapon set even without swapping to it?

How I see it, auras as they were pre-this patch, were quite easily available for almost every different character, and getting at least 3, linked with RMC, was no problem socketwise (after, say, lvl 50).
Currently, I imagine running RMC+3auras will be quite the blow for many littleguys, as they either have to struggle to have very good sockets at all times, or sacrifice other skills.

I'm trying to think if the number of sockets are OK, or needs a buff. But I think this soon is not the best time to discuss this, as it needs more thought and input from new builds, as time will give.

It certainly makes it a bit harder to achieve "what you want", but is that good or bad?

Important to remember!
It's not what's available that makes an interesting game and enables unique/creative builds; it's the restrictions!
(A theory applied very well in PoE!)
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
For all people raging at aura change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64SukeQdjvw&feature=relmfu

What? 7 auras? With no alt weapon? Yup. Stop raging - deal with it.
Last edited by Pivu on Sep 21, 2012, 7:56:57 AM
That's not really the point and I'd still consider that a bad UI.

What users want is

a) Customizable keybinds. The number of sockets already limits my max number of skills, but at least I should have as many keybinds as I need for all the skills I want to use.

b) They ask for interchangable hotbars once you switch weapons, since right now the usage of weapon swap has been marginalized. That way at least you could switch let us say for example from fire to cold spells in the proper situation or whatever other ideas people come up with.
Last edited by Burgingham on Sep 21, 2012, 9:28:40 AM
"
Pivu wrote:
For all people raging at aura change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64SukeQdjvw&feature=relmfu

What? 7 auras? With no alt weapon? Yup. Stop raging - deal with it.

True that. Think about PvP with 7 auras....

Yap. Nothing else than just freaking 1hits xD
Nice, can't wait to find a flame totem with for my fire witch :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info