Patching Speeds, Patch 0.11.4b and Race Season 4

if you are having problems with the download of patch 11.4b and you downloaded patch 11.4 with a torrent go to you path of exile folder and right click on content.ggpk go to properties and deselect read-only apply and save then retry download of 11.4b. should work just fine

please sticky this so people who did it this way can see
Last edited by anooner4u on Aug 22, 2013, 2:08:48 AM
I'm pretty happy the patch downloaded for me in less than one hour...right after it was developed.
at first I had 5kb/S for like 15 minutes and got to 0,78% I just reconnected my internet and there you go...1.5 mb/s (yeah thats pretty shitty aswell but better than nathing)
IGN: JayKayRQ
aaand RIP
Hardcore 4 life
I have this same error also before. I went to Path of Exile folder then select all files then right-click then select Properties and unchecked Read-only, apply. After the process, I patch and everything went patching normally.

Also PackCheck works again after this.
PHP Guild - Philippines
Last edited by obz on Aug 22, 2013, 2:19:29 AM
I just hope the race rewards for Season 4 aren't just a bunch of worthless crap like last season.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Nice job GGG. I was due a fresh install of my OS for my SSD so I decided to let the game reinstall overnight so this issue didn't really affect me so much.

GJ with coming to an alternative for users that cannot download the patch quickly, should help everyone get back on to try out reave! <3
I downloaded the ggpk torrent after running the client patcher for a whole hour and it having less than 1% progress.

Even after that, once I replaced and renamed the content.ggpk file the patcher still wanted to download some more, which it did at dial-up speed.

Once I finally go into the game a few hours ago, I was able to login and select a character, but then the game just hung while trying to load into Lioneye's Watch. It stayed that way, with the background music still going, for over 20 minutes and I was forced to alt-f4. Tryied again 3 times with the same result.

Now there's a 0.11.4b patch and I'm getting an error "Unable to get write access to file "Content.ggpk"/ You might have another copy of the game already running or the game may be in a read only directory." Neither of these cases are true. Looks like I might have to rename the old content.gpk file and take my chances with the CDN servers...

This experience has been an utter disgrace.
Incursion: @Ironclination
Hardcore: @Unbereavabre
Standard: @Halgondas @Risendelle @Risendell @SummonRangaSpirits
descent on a budget?? whats that mean exactly?
Woohoo! I haven't played in a while, but i'm still excited to see these updates. Can't wait for Season 5. I believe this game will be awesome on the 'actual' release date.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
the reason for the "Unable to get write access to file content.ggpk" because the downloaded content.ggpk from the torrent had its file attribute to Read-only. Once you unchecked the Read-only file attribute in Window Explorer the patching and PackCheck will work again.
PHP Guild - Philippines
Last edited by obz on Aug 22, 2013, 2:32:52 AM
Had some problems with the pack as well ..but as soon as I've closed uttorent , skype ..and many other programs speed rose even to 2 MB . :D

btw great patch :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info