Patching Speeds, Patch 0.11.4b and Race Season 4

Race Season 4 is scheduled to start on August 31, NZ time (next weekend). We initially weren't intending to include anything large like Descent in this season, but at the last minute we decided to whip up a new race type that is described internally as "Descent on a budget". It's not overly flashy, but is pretty fun in testing so far. More details next week :)

Finally, if you're a Brazilian PoE fan, then you should check out www.poebrasil.com - it's an awesome fansite.

Edit: Please note that if you downloaded 0.11.4 from the torrent link above then you need to set the file to not be read-only any more. Instructions are here!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 22, 2013, 2:38:10 AM
"
controlx wrote:
It took me 29 hours to download the 0.11.4 patch. I trusted the GGG patching servers and I didnt want there to be any errors so I was afraid to use Utorrent... I'm not used to having to "torrent" a patch for a game.. but I guess I should go that rout next time for a large patch. I just cannot deal with another day long download time. I will always love ya'll and appreciate the hard work, and most of all... keep donating to the best game in the world!

The patching situation was unfortunate. The limit of our abilities was to kick up a big fuss and hope that more capacity was added as quickly as possible (which appears to have been done by now). Before any major patch the future I'll triple check that it has masses of capacity.

It's a good sign that a lot of people wanted to check out the patch, I guess!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
boof wrote:
A more last minute whipped up version of descent? -_-

Not brimming with enthusiasm and confidence here.

You'll see when it's announced. It's pretty different and designed to be easy to design, if you see what I mean. It's not the signature race for the season.

We are actually working on a proper sequel to Descent that we're expecting will occur in Season 5 (which coincides with the release of the game). It has a lot more time scheduled for polish and balancing because we're starting really far in advance.
"
"
Chris wrote:
Our content delivery (patching bandwidth) provider have assured us that they've fixed the problems that were affecting users yesterday and have added more capacity to our patching servers.

For a patch of this magnitude you should have notified them in advance what kind of traffic they would getting.

Maybe you did tell them and maybe they just didn't believe you. If that is the case hopefully now they will take you seriously.

I'll certainly hammer the point home harder in the future. We've deployed larger patches before without any hiccups, so part of it was blamed on an unexpected issue on their end that only manifested with the spike of load. Either way, it's an experience I do not plan to repeat!
"
Ramrod_69 wrote:
hey im having issues downloading the 0.11.4b patch after downloading the bigger patch yesterday via uTorrent.

keep getting error message when it goes to Checking Resources and says "unable to get write access to file Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running or the game may be in a read only directory".

I followed the torrent patch instructions (i downloaded the 3.77gb one advertised on the forums) and have had no issue until just now upon release of the new smaller patch...

Anyone else having this issue/know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried running the game/patcher as Administrator?
"
Ramrod_69 wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Ramrod_69 wrote:
hey im having issues downloading the 0.11.4b patch after downloading the bigger patch yesterday via uTorrent.

keep getting error message when it goes to Checking Resources and says "unable to get write access to file Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running or the game may be in a read only directory".

I followed the torrent patch instructions (i downloaded the 3.77gb one advertised on the forums) and have had no issue until just now upon release of the new smaller patch...

Anyone else having this issue/know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried running the game/patcher as Administrator?

yeah just tried to no avail. I also cleared it from Utorrent logs too. still giving same error message.

In that case I'd recommend making a new thread in the Tech section, and we'll be able to help you with this issue.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/support-and-bug-reports

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info