Patching Speeds, Patch 0.11.4b and Race Season 4

my computer just checked resources for like 15 minutes and has done nothing. Trying as admin right now.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Ramrod_69 wrote:
hey im having issues downloading the 0.11.4b patch after downloading the bigger patch yesterday via uTorrent.

keep getting error message when it goes to Checking Resources and says "unable to get write access to file Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running or the game may be in a read only directory".

I followed the torrent patch instructions (i downloaded the 3.77gb one advertised on the forums) and have had no issue until just now upon release of the new smaller patch...

Anyone else having this issue/know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried running the game/patcher as Administrator?

yeah just tried to no avail. I also cleared it from Utorrent logs too. still giving same error message.
"
Ramrod_69 wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Ramrod_69 wrote:
hey im having issues downloading the 0.11.4b patch after downloading the bigger patch yesterday via uTorrent.

keep getting error message when it goes to Checking Resources and says "unable to get write access to file Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running or the game may be in a read only directory".

I followed the torrent patch instructions (i downloaded the 3.77gb one advertised on the forums) and have had no issue until just now upon release of the new smaller patch...

Anyone else having this issue/know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried running the game/patcher as Administrator?

yeah just tried to no avail. I also cleared it from Utorrent logs too. still giving same error message.

In that case I'd recommend making a new thread in the Tech section, and we'll be able to help you with this issue.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/support-and-bug-reports
"
Xalmaren wrote:
my computer just checked resources for like 15 minutes and has done nothing. Trying as admin right now.

yeah i thought it was just 'stuck' on checked resources part too, however, if u just move the client window you'll probably see the same error message window that im talking about hidden behind it.
Wondering what does descent on a budget mean

No item drop but only provisions?
Last edited by TonyTsang on Aug 22, 2013, 1:58:35 AM
"
Ramrod_69 wrote:
"
Xalmaren wrote:

yeah i thought it was just 'stuck' on checked resources part too, however, if u just move the client window you'll probably see the same error message window that im talking about hidden behind it.

You are correct. it was hidden. this is lame lol. guess the taking the short cut didnt help in the end.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
im getting the same error message as everyone else who probably downloaded the defragged patch off utorrent please show a way to get around so we can dl 11.4b plz
"
Chris wrote:
Either way, it's an experience I do not plan to repeat!

I can only imagine how much fun yesterday was for you guys, and I'm certain that part of the bandwidth problem was the amount of emails being sent to support..

Bigups to MustachePredator for his mediafile upload, turned out the fastest way to get it, and worked a charm!

Still, got it there in the end, and no more stuttering on my AMD card. GG, GGG.

Also, skull hood looks brilliant :D
IGN: Wraewych (81 Fireball Crit Witch) - Selling her Gear in this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/416183
IGN: UnnecessaryPleasantries (81 HS / LS / IB Marauder)
I also downloaded the defragged torrent and have the "content.ggpk" issue.
Nothing is true. All is permitted.
Resist. Unlearn. Defy.
[www.theexiledclan.org]
Hi GGG,

Patching is now much faster than yesterday..good work guys..Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info